日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Begging for an adjustment to ranged RMEA weapons
Begging for an adjustment to ranged RMEA weapons
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-25 13:54:59  
While the game is down, going to post an idea I had a few weeks back. How much greater would the ranged RMEA weapons be if the associated weaponskill was connected to the ammunition rather than the weapon itself? All of a sudden you'd have a reason for eradicating bullets... if you have both Annihilator and Fomalhaut, you're probably like me in that you never use the relic bullets. But if I could use Coronach on my Fomalhaut, or Namas Arrow on a Fail-Not or Gandiva, all of a sudden there's a reason for those weapons again.

I'm not hoping for aftermath or other benefits attached to the ammo, just the weaponskill. Basically I'd love to breathe new life into our relics in particular, and force some thought into ammo selection instead of it being chrono or gtfo.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-25 13:57:42  
Well if we're making such changes, I'd like to request that RNG's be able to use Living Bullets. :)

#yeahright
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-25 14:00:44  
I'll still take the gerryrigged Fomalhaut that accepts quelling bolts, but that's just me!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-25 14:06:01  
Neat idea, but I'd ditch the 'instead of' and replace it with 'in addition to'. Would be pretty awful to forget to stock up on eradicating bullets and not have coronach available for an hour.

..Really, you should be able to unlock relic weaponskills in general. Skillchain opportunities are the only reason for most of them, and scythe isn't exactly overpowered enough to worry about cata.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-25 14:06:24  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
While the game is down, going to post an idea I had a few weeks back. How much greater would the ranged RMEA weapons be if the associated weaponskill was connected to the ammunition rather than the weapon itself? All of a sudden you'd have a reason for eradicating bullets... if you have both Annihilator and Fomalhaut, you're probably like me in that you never use the relic bullets. But if I could use Coronach on my Fomalhaut, or Namas Arrow on a Fail-Not or Gandiva, all of a sudden there's a reason for those weapons again.

I'm not hoping for aftermath or other benefits attached to the ammo, just the weaponskill. Basically I'd love to breathe new life into our relics in particular, and force some thought into ammo selection instead of it being chrono or gtfo.

They won't do this because they would have to do actual work...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-25 14:06:52  
agreed thorny. The weapon itself should retain all current traits.

And yes, it's primarily for the skillchain opportunities that I want this... it's not like people will give up on rudra's because they can all of a sudden use Mercy Stroke... But ranger in particular can't pack a wallop for a darkness skillchain they way we can on light. Wildfire just doesn't cut it; at least Coronach has a little more oompf.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-25 14:27:39  
I think you just mean relic not rmea since the rest are all getable regardless.

And would be more agreeable. If it was just a swap you'd have some wondering if they built a relic just for the ammo lol. And of course there would be an uproar at how it would lowering Coronach's dmg potential
 Asura.Aomrep
user: Aomrep
By Asura.Aomrep 2017-10-25 14:34:36  
SE has never made Relic weaponskills available outside of the actual weapons. A neat idea and technically not an outright unlock for these weaponskills but still unlikely. Imho.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-25 14:36:46  
Asura.Aomrep said: »
SE has never made Relic weaponskills available outside of the actual weapons. .
If by actual weapons you mean a weapon that has the name on it then yes. If you mean the actual relic weapon that's not quite accurate as abyssea introduced a line of weapons with relic weaponskill
[+]
 Asura.Aomrep
user: Aomrep
By Asura.Aomrep 2017-10-25 14:49:48  
clearlyamule said: »
Asura.Aomrep said: »
SE has never made Relic weaponskills available outside of the actual weapons. .
If by actual weapons you mean a weapon that has the name on it then yes. If you mean the actual relic weapon that's not quite accurate as abyssea introduced a line of weapons with relic weaponskill
You got me there, I forgot about those. Still, the weaponskills are not available to just any weapon, the abyssea versions would never have any place in the current state of the game. And to be honest I don't think they even had a place when Aby was relevant. I'm not sure why SE has chosen to keep them locked to their relics.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-10-25 15:57:23  
I wouldn't mind playing around with Tachi: Kaiten more often while using Masa or Doji... I haven't used it in years..
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-25 16:16:45  
I would be great to have access to relic weapon skills. Skill chain options would be much better for some weapon types.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-25 16:30:16  
Needs more Gunblades.
[+]