Question: Nyzul Isle For Mythic Progress

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Question: Nyzul Isle for Mythic Progress
Question: Nyzul Isle for Mythic Progress
By tyalangan 2017-12-13 11:24:45  
This question will make me look like I haven't been around since '03 but I have never had an interest in doing a Mythic because of the negativity always heard towards it. However, now I need to make some to advance my character and the one aspect I have not understood is which Nyzul Isle is the most efficient (or is there even a specific one more efficient than the others)?

I quit at the start of WoE and, as such, do not believe I was around when all the other Nyzul's were added (or as stated above wasn't paying attention). I know I need to complete Floor 100 for the runic key in order to trade the vigil weapon. I know I need 150,000 tokens. So, should I do all the above in 75 Nyzul or one of the others?

1. Nyzul Isle Investigation
2. Nyzul Isle Uncharted
3. Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
4. Neo Nyzul Isle

Trying to minimize the time and pain as much as possible. I figured 10 years later people have this down to a science.

Thanks!
 Bahamut.Ayasha
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2017-12-13 11:32:51  
Investigation will net you a LOT more tokens per run over Uncharted. Start at floor 96 and just go until you feel like you won't have enough time for another floor, then exit. 5k tokens easily, with 6-7k+ not too uncommon. Fairly certain you can only obtain your Runic Key from Investigation.

There are only 2 versions of Nyzul Isle assault: Nyzul Isle Investigation, and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey. 2-4 on your list are just different names for the same thing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-12-13 11:34:34  
There's only the 2 types of Nyzul, which probably added to the confusion.
[+]
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
サーバ: Asura
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-12-13 11:44:48  
Standard Nyzul to 100 for the KI, then start at floor 96 with 3 people to farm tokens towards your 150k. You can get around 10k per run with some luck, it helps to have people rotate the cost of entering.

Right now though, there is a NNI campaign, which means all NMs drop a +1 item that you can get evaluated and bosses drop a +2 box, +1s can be pretty much anything in the game that fits the discription, so a dagger +1 could turn into, say, an Odium, or a bronze dagger. a +1 box could be, a cotton alex pouch or a beehive chip. Boss +2s could be ZNM pops (which you will need at some point if making a mythic) cotton/linen alex pouches) or just the typical boss gear from NNI.

From your 1,2,3,4 list, only 1 and 2 are actual things. The other 2 are just differing terms.

Personally, if it were me, i would do a quick farm to 100, just to get the KI out of the way, then spam the crap out of NNI for the points, that way you can end up with some extras on the way, be it pops for your trials later or alex towards your initial weapon. NNI campaign is active for this month, so you could get some decent goodies while farming points.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-12-13 12:00:11  
Thanks all for the clarification on the areas! (Knew I came here for a reason!) Also, thanks for the efficiency tips and the campaign reminder!

Really appreciate it!
By Kodaijin 2017-12-13 12:53:04  
Another tip if youre looking for maximum speed...
You can spam Assaults and Nyzul but you cant spam Einherjar or Salvage due to 1 hour wait time for re-entry. So do Einherjar, then do a Nyzul or Assault run, then back to einherjar. If youre farming alex from salvage, then you can do a rotation with that as well. Salvage > einherjar.

Admittedly its pretty hard grind to maintain that pace, but sitting around waiting for einherjar timer is boring considering you can beat the wing in less than 5min.

Einherjar (from 0) need 53 wing 3 runs
Assaults (After Captain) need 50
Nyzul (from 0) needs 30 runs @5k points each (easy- Aim for 7.5k+each)
Salvage - It varies... but a lot.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-12-13 13:26:39  
Slavage farming I averaged 125 alex per run
and about 30 min per run. I was bst/dnc

I don't remember having a 1 hour wait time for salvage, I thought I was doing them back to back, but I might not remember correctly on that front.
I would note, that it takes 26250 Hallmarks to get the 1750 alex per month.
Now ones ability to get Hallmarks depends alot on your group. the fastest being 3 runs of intense on VD for 32400 Hallmarks in at most 1.5 hours, but probably less.

on my average of 125, it would take 12 runs of Slavage to get that many.. which if its on a hourly timer is 12 hours. (this average might be a bit low. there is a guaranteed single linen drop, and I always farmed at least 40 alex separately. this estimate does NOT include double linen drops or the occasional cotton).

I suggest prioritizing Ambuscade when making a mythic if at all possible for the alex portion.

If doing ONLY slavage for alex, at my average, you are looking at 240 runs.

Alex prices are also alot cheaper now, than they were then, so getting gil and buying them is probably better.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-13 13:31:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Slavage farming I averaged 125 alex per run
and about 30 min per run. I was bst/dnc

I don't remember having a 1 hour wait time for salvage, I thought I was doing them back to back, but I might not remember correctly on that front.
I would note, that it takes 26250 Hallmarks to get the 1750 alex per month.
Now ones ability to get Hallmarks depends alot on your group. the fastest being 3 runs of intense on VD for 32400 Hallmarks in at most 1.5 hours, but probably less.

on my average of 125, it would take 12 runs of Slavage to get that many.. which if its on a hourly timer is 12 hours. (this average might be a bit low. there is a guaranteed single linen drop, and I always farmed at least 40 alex separately. this estimate does NOT include double linen drops or the occasional cotton).

I suggest prioritizing Ambuscade when making a mythic if at all possible for the alex portion.

If doing ONLY slavage for alex, at my average, you are looking at 240 runs.

Alex prices are also alot cheaper now, than they were then, so getting gil and buying them is probably better.

Yea 240 runs is 240 hours of Salvage I rather jump of a bridge buying part of the 30,000 sounds like a good idea.
By Sidiov 2017-12-13 14:19:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Just FYI, I tested this specifically, the Salvage timer resets on the Earth hour. So if you want to do 2 back to back 20 min runs, make sure to start at the bottom of the hour.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-13 14:52:17  
Actually, the Salvage timer resets on game day change.