users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 - January 2018
Ambuscade V1 - January 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-01-15 10:02:04  
DirectX said: »
Out of curiosity and not sure if I have missed it but can a SCH not do the needed SC on the 4 mobs?
That's the first thing i tried, whenever i pop immanence i get amnesiac/silenced.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-15 10:34:30  
Anytime you cast a (damaging?) spell on them they retaliate with something (charm silence etc)
By Afania 2018-01-15 11:48:52  
Darksparksnot said: »
When i see cor/whm i die inside, my cor is main dd in this month abuscade.

Cor/whm is *** fun :<
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-15 11:54:25  
99% cor/whm is going to roll idle, that's most likely what he's referring to
By Afania 2018-01-15 12:21:58  
Truth to be told, since cor can hit 100% critical hit with rogues roll and very good crit set, it's probably not an inferior choice to NIN this month at all. If you go with SC method then job doesn't matter either.

It's just that since everyone wanted to DD when I asked and they all took the DD slot, healer is the only slot left and it makes more sense to heal on a job that can enhance crit for everyone like SMN or cor.

I would probably /sch if doing that again, since aoe -na is probably better.
By Afania 2018-01-16 03:04:20  
Did a few more VD run today on DD COR. Tried both COR + SAM and COR+NIN as DD setup. A few things:

geigei said: »
Ea/scherzo for mijin works?
1) I don't see it mention anywhere, NIN with Migawari up can survive Mijin from our experience. So it's entirely possible to recover from a Mijin wipe without reset NM HP if your NIN just hold it and BRD quickly RR up then sleep the boss. Then just recover and zerg again.

2) Unless we're doing it wrong with SC method, I Can probably confirm that Crit removes adds aura faster than SC. At first we had SAM work on 1 add with SC and COR work on another with crit gear + CC Rogues roll. COR almost always remove aura faster than SAM even if both start working on their aura on the same time.

3) COR+NIN removes aura and kills boss just as fast as double NIN setup in that JP video. So yeah there are no reason to exclude jobs. Migawari is probably the only NIN exclusive advantage in this fight, which is quite a nice bonus but not a must have.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-16 03:13:49  
Yea, recovered after mijin with nin standing, easier to run at hyoton tho and let pld die if aura not broke by then.
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-01-16 22:24:05  
Did D and VD on WHM today and forgot to ask our BRD to test out Viralai while the boss was awake. Plus we did not want to test out whether BRD songs count as "magic" when cast on the boss while it is awake (with horde being an exception since he cannot retaliate when slept).

Does anyone know if using Viralai (to remove shadows) works without causing massive countering?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 22:30:59  
Sam method has timing restrictions, crit method does not.

Crit takes much longer... something like at least 50 crits.

Sc takes 5 seconds, (IF!) the enemy doesn't screw you with tp/cast

Fun fact, you can do crits with gimmick weapons hitting for 0 damage. COR with chocobo knife and jingly rod does 0 to everything except the whm.
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2018-01-16 23:03:09  
whm run cor thf brd geo 13 min clears on VD.

We only made sc to remove aura if it popped on the boss while zerging to avoid mijin.

ezpz month w/o needing smn
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-19 14:11:56  
Alright, so you CAN run from bosses Mijin, but you have to wait until the last san, if you're out of range before that you get drawn in.

So that's helpful
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-19 14:33:22  
I want to try some VD runs today. So the general takeaways are

Sleep stuff
supertank
sc or crit melee to remove aura (is this x4 for each add?)
kill boss with light/dark skillchains?

Is there any particular order you should be killing these in, or does it not matter? Thinking of getting on my NIN for some fun fights, I actually don't mind the sound of VD since it's actually engaging to some extent and 13min fights is not bad at all.
By Darksparksnot 2018-01-19 14:47:40  
Protector should always be first because it wont sleep.
By Afania 2018-01-19 18:54:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I want to try some VD runs today. So the general takeaways are

Sleep stuff
supertank
sc or crit melee to remove aura (is this x4 for each add?)
kill boss with light/dark skillchains?

Is there any particular order you should be killing these in, or does it not matter? Thinking of getting on my NIN for some fun fights, I actually don't mind the sound of VD since it's actually engaging to some extent and 13min fights is not bad at all.

1) My last VD pt did it this way:
PLD COR NIN GEO/NIN BRD WHM

*PLD can be replaced with RUN, probably more ideal that way.
*COR can be replaced with 2nd NIN, although I like COR for better dmg during megaboss zerg phase via buffs, and COR can crit as often as a NIN with Rogues roll and crit-gears.
*I made GEO /NIN because I heard things about AOE attack. I also made them help with melee crit.
*All the job that melees:(GEO COR NIN PLD BRD etc) needs crit rate set for faster aura removal.
*WHM can be replaced with any healer really, COR/WHM can main heal a VD run. But jobs that can accession -na or yagrush are faster.
*We find crit way removes adds faster and more reliable than SC method.
*Fighter + CC Rogues roll (do fighter first so it's faster to finish change roll)for adds, change them to chaos/Sam for megaboss.
*The ideal sleep stuff position is the starting corner.

2) Kill order: Protector > Lancer > Any left over wyvern > Moraingist > Erudite.

*If protector aura is removed, but used invincible, I just leave it up and start working on lancer aura to save time.

3) Boss: We changed rolls to chaos/Sam when last add aura removed. Also I suggest entrust haste to counter slow.

*Aura remove seems to be random. There are times that dark/light SC just won't remove it. So you definitely want to hit as hard as possible like zerging a woc for this phase, the faster you kill it the less likely it'll explode.
*We alternated shun+savage blade for light and hi+hi for dark if aura is up.
*WHM needs to prioritize viruna-ga since it really hinders DPS. Slow isn't so bad if you entrust haste so mages can just ignore it if they are busy.
*Do not debuff it unless it's slept.
*Keep shadows up! ._.

Fight takes 10 min with the above setup if nothing goes wrong. I think the difficulty of this month is somewhat higher than last though.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-20 14:59:38  
What do all the mobs do to retaliate if you cast on them? I know:

Autarch: Damage + Charm on caster
Erudite: Damage + Silence on caster
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-20 15:32:28  
The Protector does damage + 3 minute Amnesia

The Sahagin does single target 2k damage bad blood or something blood
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-01-20 18:54:24  
Cyclonic Flame (Protector): Damage + Amnesia + Silence
Assault (Lancer): Damage + Amnesia + Silence
Rushing Slash (Erudite): Damage + Amnesia + Silence
Fetid Blood (Moraingist): Damage + Poison (200 HP/Tick) + Knockback
Hemotoxin Wheel (Autarch): Damage + Charm + Poison

Hemotoxin Wheel sometimes can inflict Charm + Defense Down + Magic Defense Down + Magic Attack Down and no Poison, not sure why and these debuffs wear off almost immediately.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-21 02:19:35  
It's kind of amazing that people 2 weeks into the new v1 still have no clue how to do it and the do's and don'ts...

Not in a actual amazing way, but in like a holyshit really kind of way.

I mean like yeah theres still people that have no clue about a lot of things, but ambuscade...
By Davorin 2018-01-21 03:03:56  
It's almost like there are some people who don't play this game every day, or even every week...weird huh.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-21 03:05:36  
10 days ~ 2 weeks.

It's just being lazy to not have a clue before you shout/join a shout for it. Even on day one.
 Shiva.Afliction
サーバ: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-01-21 03:32:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's kind of amazing that people 2 weeks into the new v1 still have no clue how to do it and the do's and don'ts...

Not in a actual amazing way, but in like a holyshit really kind of way.

I mean like yeah theres still people that have no clue about a lot of things, but ambuscade...
/welcome to ffxi. You must be new here. Its been like this for many of years and probably more to come.
By Afania 2018-01-21 03:36:05  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
10 days ~ 2 weeks.

It's just being lazy to not have a clue before you shout/join a shout for it. Even on day one.

For the bolded part, it's probably lazy PUG leader who just assume everyone knows everything and too lazy to communicate battle strategy. Not everyone live and breath FFXI forums nor know every single little detail in a fight that's out for 2 weeks. It's leaders responsibility to communicate.
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-21 20:00:16  
To those wondering how well other jobs perform in VD, decided to try DRK + SAM using SC method with PUG.

SC method certainly has slower avg aura remove time than crit method in VD, even if both DD work on their adds separately. Our fastest run removed all 4 aura at roughly 22:00 mark, which is a bit slower than crits. There are also runs that takes longer to remove all 4 adds aura with SC but crit method consistently removes aura faster.

It's also a little bit more dangerous with PUG because leaving 2 adds awake can be taxing to deal with for lesser experienced players due hate reset and stun move. Sometimes stun move or invinicible would interrupt SC which can waste some time.

That being said, Despite a couple of people are from PUG with zero ambu experience, SC method takes longer to proc, and some DD gears don't quite meet today's VD elitist PUG standard (600 JP, no HQ, REMA nor AF+3) 10 to 15 min run is still doable without death.

I don't think the clear speed difference is huge v.s NIN setup, any job at somewhat lowish gear (just not TOO low) can do VD just fine.

Edit: Forgot to mention if you use 2h DDs that don't /NIN, I recommend entrust defensive bubble for better survivability.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [658 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 00:51:56  
Just bump this one, cause *** it.

Mamool for 11/19, all the data is here and it's not locked.

Use crits (use shitty weapons and crit gear, or do the skillchains of appropriate color), cake walk, dead in mere minutes. Don't cast spells of a certain kind, I can't remember if dia triggers the counter or not.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-11-11 01:46:11  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ambuscade_Archive#Mamool_Ja
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 02:21:36  
As far as I remember it's not necessary. I seem to recall wiping and me sleeping megaboss with Horde Lullaby 2.
I guess you surely do need a good macc set though and it's still beneficial to use NiTro at start for the double duration.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-11-11 04:43:06  
Is the charm random from the debuffs, or is it single target to the person that casted the Debuff on the NM?
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-11-11 04:46:52  
I built this set on my PUP
ItemSet 369655

Its +43 Crit hit rate, Quad +3, TA+10, DA +16

If the charm is single target to the person casting, my pup could be a RDM pet, and cant be charmed, this lets me push the crit hit rate (this actually has more crit than my NIN's gear), while my pet is being useful for the party. Then once I get AM3 up after the first mob, I'm going to be multiattacking all over.