First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-11-11 11:53:57  
VD Strategy

Setup: RUN, MNK, COR, GEO, BRD, WHM

For the adds, you need to strip them of their aura with either SC or crits. Crits are more reliable. COR uses rogue's roll. GEO use attunement/wilt/barrier for the adds. BRD sing double march and double madrigal (no minuets). Upon pull, BRD nitro lullaby 2 everything (wyverns won't sleep, leave'em on RUN). MNK and COR just beat on each add until aura is off, then stomp said add. If the MNK keeps on Godhands or Verethragna, the add will get CLOSE to dead by the time the aura comes off. It's risky, but it ended up working out nicely each time where aura was off and then a Smite/Savage Blade would finish it.

After all adds are dead, have the BRD switch to regular DD songs, have the GEO change to Fury/Haste/STR (if you use frailty, you will get charmed), and have the COR change THF roll to DRK roll.

The only mechanic left to deal with is NIN's mijin. He will start using elemental ninjutsu wheel and when that happens, he will glow purple or white. Use the corresponding dark or light SC to interrupt his wheel and prevent mijin.

We did Ground Strike > Leaden Salute for dark and Dimi > Smite for light. One SC is enough to prevent the mijin from happening, but he will attempt to go thru the wheel several times per fight.

The last thing to mention is that NIN's Miasma ability gives a really potent virus. We had a yagrush so it ended up not being a huge deal, but its important to get that virus/slow off ASAP or you won't have enough TP to SC when you need it. Doing it one by one is a pain in the ***. Have BRD and GEO help erase/viruna if you can.

10 minute clear. Minimal chance of wipe.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-11-11 12:40:07  
We did belkins strat last night too, only difference was we had NIN NIN instead of COR MNK, the first NIN had relic so we spammed Metsu > Shun for light, and Metsu > Hi for dark.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-11 13:02:48  
A couple quick crit-related reminders:

1) Tauret exists now, did not the last time this Ambuscade was a thing. It has a huge crit rate under 1000tp (if you're trying to let the mob live while working on aura, use a no damage WS like Energy Drain/Steal to get back to 0tp and higher crit rate). Tauret will also do less non-crit damage while fishing for aura break than some other weapons mentioned here (Godhands or any other high end H2H, RMEA katana, etc.). It's a fantastic option for this Ambuscade for every job that can use it.

2) Don't forget that part of NIN's benefit isn't just the crit gear it has access to and high attack speed (and hey, Migawari doesn't hurt either to avoid Mijin one hit KO)... but it also gets Innin. That's 30% crit rate (when striking from behind the mob) upon use of the JA, decaying throughout the 5min duration down to a minimum of 10% crit rate at the end of the 5min JA duration. Loses 1% crit rate every 15sec, but since you can re-use the JA after 3min you will only drop to 18% before the JA is up again.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-12 02:37:08  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
he will glow purple or white
Am I the only one that can't tell the difference between the auras on boss? He seems to be in a mix of both white and purple every time. Personally we've just been doing double Darkness followed by double Light and that's been working for us since we can't tell which aura he's glowing, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 02:54:23  
I think I can tell the difference between the Light and Dark aura on the boss, all the other auras are all sort of mixtures and I can't really tell them apart with absolute clarity.

Then again I have a mild colour blindness so maybe it's just me.

@Capu
I completely forgot about Tauret, that's really smart! Did a few runs on NIN yesterday and just used Heishi + Shigi.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-11-12 06:51:11  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
he will glow purple or white
Am I the only one that can't tell the difference between the auras on boss? He seems to be in a mix of both white and purple every time. Personally we've just been doing double Darkness followed by double Light and that's been working for us since we can't tell which aura he's glowing, lol.

Since my post, we have experienced similar issues. We thought we had it down and now sometimes it's like, a combination of both and we can't really tell as clear for some reason? We're kinda approaching the point where maybe the color isn't an indicator. What we HAVE noticed is that if you do the *wrong* element, your damage output goes down drastically. The DD we've been using can now tell pretty quickly if it's NOT light because his damage goes to ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Gesetz
user: Cptjoe
By Asura.Gesetz 2019-11-12 07:55:16  
DirectX said: »
Crits is definitely the way to go for adds but finding SC is the more annoying part. What could THF+THF or THF+DNC do for light? Something with Shark Bite I am sure.
Mandalic > Shark Bite (or Exenterator)
 Phoenix.Beerus
user: Nioooo
By Phoenix.Beerus 2019-11-12 08:12:13  
We did a few runs yesterday. One thing that suprised me is the NIN boss, on Difficult popped Mijin Gakure- 99,999 damage to all but the tank I think lol.
By Unzero 2019-11-12 08:42:19  
Asura.Gesetz said: »
DirectX said: »
Crits is definitely the way to go for adds but finding SC is the more annoying part. What could THF+THF or THF+DNC do for light? Something with Shark Bite I am sure.
Mandalic > Shark Bite (or Exenterator)

https://flippantry.com/skillchain/
 Ragnarok.Trixi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2019-11-12 10:52:04  
I guess BLM VE solo isn't going to work this month. Able to get down to just the boss fairly easy, just need some remedies, but without MB assistance with trust SC (insta-charm), I get timed-out.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-11-12 12:47:48  
Details on fight here for all difficulties. Hope it helps anyone who hasn't done this fight yet or is struggling to solo it this month.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [363 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-09 23:50:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just bump this one.

Mamool for 11/19 11/20, all the data is here and it's not locked.

Use crits (use shitty weapons and crit gear, or do the skillchains of appropriate color), cake walk, dead in mere minutes. Don't cast spells of a certain kind, I can't remember if dia triggers the counter or not.

If/When this changes to "Mamool Ambuscade" make sure you designate this one is Auras/Melee/"Regular" something to differentiate from the mage mammol
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 00:34:23  
Funny thing that dev notes says they “fixed” mamool ninjutsu logic. But given the mamool just landed, i guess there are some changes from the one from 2018?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 00:35:44  
The main boss for this is still a nin, whatever logic tweak would be for him. They often adjust something on the current v1. It's not really going to change anything, it's just probably how often it uses enfeebles. Really don't recall what it cast, it was of no consequence.

Quote:
The issue in the Mamool Ja Intense Ambuscade wherein some of the Bozzetto Autarch’s ninjutsu action logic was incorrect.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-10 00:40:26  
I wonder if it was the element wheel being reset as it was in the middle of casting through the elements
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 00:43:02  
Oh yeah... he starts the wheel and you have until the wheel finished to break the aura or the wrecked. We'll see shortly.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-11-10 01:02:10  
DNC's Feather Step is brilliant here.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 01:19:13  
The shortest video i saw for this ambu is 8 mins.

I guess, just skip it, unless there is a faster way?
By Thunderjet 2020-11-10 03:49:46  
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMW NINJA FUN TIMES JUST LEFT WORK IN A HASTE FOR THIS
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-11-10 13:13:11  
Updated video guide on critical hit strategy!
Godspeed
YouTube Video Placeholder