users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Warp Ring Looping
Warp Ring Looping
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-01-27 22:26:08  
Currently a little stumped on this issue. I have a script macro to equip/use warp/resin rings on all boxes.
Code
send @all input /equip ring1 \"Warp Ring\";
wait 9;
send @all input /item \"Warp Ring\" <me>;

Noticed one of my characters would instantly re-use the ring when it came off cooldown, or if I equipped it later on he would try to use it when it became available to use and constantly keep trying. Took a look at outgoing packet flow and after the initial /item it seems that there are constant menu item packets being injected for that character only, all other boxes behave normally.

If I disable or unload GearSwap specifically, it stops, but even if I unload GearSwap entirely then load it fresh it begins injecting the menu item packets again, which seems odd, in addition to the fact that the character with the problem has no GearSwap files yet since he's a relatively new character. Also my script macro for Dimensional Ring (Mea) has identical syntax as the Warp Ring one and does not cause any problems.

Am I missing something stupid or is this a potential bug on windower's end?
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-01-28 03:57:06  
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Noticed one of my characters would instantly re-use the ring when it came off cooldown...

BAHAHAHAH! I demand this as an addon!
 Lakshmi.Miang
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2018-01-28 05:43:30  
Not sure what you're doing wrong exactly, but if it were me, I'd not put the send @all inside the script. I'd have the script behave as if it's for one player, and I'd do /console send @all exec warp-ring.txt
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-29 06:54:13  
I use an alias for warpring
Code
alias warpring input /equip "R.ring" "Warp Ring"; wait 10; input /item "Warp Ring" <me>

You can probably create an alias on all chars, then use
Code
send @all input //warpring
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-01-29 16:51:05  
I appreciate the responses, I just want to clarify that my issue was not that I need help writing a script to use the ring on all characters, it was the sporadic behavior one specific character was exhibiting after using their ring.

I have fixed the issue. After reading through some code/troubleshooting I believe the issue stems from Itemizer's "AutoItem" mode combined with having the Warp Ring in Wardrobe2. After narrowing it down to this, I was able to find something similar in the bug tracker so I will just avoid Wardrobe2 and /item's for the time being:
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/599