Azure Lore... What?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » azure lore... what?
azure lore... what?
First Page 2
 Asura.Seriweri
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2018-02-01 08:11:00  
I´ve been living under the impression that azure lore exclusively affects blue magic.

...until this happened:

so I tried to create a scholar-style fusion chain:

...what?

Seriously, is it supposed to work like that?
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-02-01 08:31:37  
... so you can use Azure Lore to make SCs with normal nukes? Glitch? Ninja Nerf?

I’m at work so I can’t check
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-02-01 08:31:44  
What if you tried it with Burst Affinity?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-01 08:33:18  
I believe that's a bug.

Just confirmed that it works. o_O;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 08:34:57  
This might seriously be the find of the year right here.... No strats. Can chain off easy t1 nukes for easy mb.... Gonna test at work but if this is intended, what the hell kind of rock were we living under this whole time...
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-01 08:35:40  
no strats for 30 (40 with hands) seconds and once every hour (45 minutes mastered)
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-02-01 08:35:52  
There's no way it was intended lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 08:45:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
no strats for 30 (40 with hands) seconds and once every hour (45 minutes mastered)

The bigger bonus is that Blu can fill in when scholar is out of strats and keep the damage chain going. 40 seconds is enough time for 4-6 skill chains, plenty of time for the sch to replenish charges and get right back to it. Not game breaking but really cool.

Inb4 one of you fukboys report this bug on the forums and get it patched.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-01 08:47:12  
.. I think it bursted and skillchained at the same time? I'm confused:

[+]
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-02-01 08:56:21  
.. I think it bursted and skillchained at the same time? I'm confused:

Lmao that's hilarious
 Asura.Seriweri
サーバ: Asura
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2018-02-01 08:56:58  
This is the first time in 14 years that I found something new lol...
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-01 08:57:44  
I'm amazed that this has never been found before. Hahahaha.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-01 09:13:00  
Wow, that is absolutely amazing.
I can totally see this being abused in Ambuscade parties. I will have to mess around with it when I get home.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 09:24:43  
First thing's first. Quick Skillchain Chart. I'm guessing you only need to find light/dark, since this trumps SCH's skillchains. Anyone tested how to make self-light? This could be an intentional strategy to set up Umbra/Radiance from a good closing SC as well. The key would be your magic nukers being very quick to hit all MBs, because 40 seconds is not a long time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-01 09:30:49  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
First thing's first. Quick Skillchain Chart. I'm guessing you only need to find light/dark, since this trumps SCH's skillchains. Anyone tested how to make self-light? This could be an intentional strategy to set up Umbra/Radiance from a good closing SC as well. The key would be your magic nukers being very quick to hit all MBs, because 40 seconds is not a long time.

Oh man, I didn't think of that! The sheer ability to form quick Radiance's and Umbra's might even bring Blm back for certain zerg-rush magic fights.

I wonder if Dia -> Dia = light -> Dia = Radiance ???
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-02-01 09:33:29  
I’m thinking along the lines of Blizzard > Water > T-Crush to burst heavy Darkness damage
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 09:38:15  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Oh man, I didn't think of that! The sheer ability to form quick Radiance's and Umbra's might even bring Blm back for certain zerg-rush magic fights.

I heavily doubt they would mess up this bad and allow radiance/umbra from spells. That's what the weapons are for and is only accessible from an aeonic weapon with the appropriate Aftermath. What I was suggesting was a BLU + (lv4) combo. Blue uses Fire > Requiescate = Dark, Lv 4 closer with AM uses their WS for Umbra/double damage and sets up a huge SC for nukers.

If the BLU happens to have sequence, he might be able to solo Lv 4 with just 2 spells (fire > thunder) and close with AM3 Requiescat. I don't have Sequence so someone with the weapon will have to test if this is possible, but it certainly would be a cool idea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-01 09:42:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

I heavily doubt they would mess up this bad and allow radiance/umbra from spells. That's what the weapons are for and is only accessible from an aeonic weapon with the appropriate Aftermath. What I was suggesting was a BLU + (lv4) combo. Blue uses Fire > Requiescate = Dark, Lv 4 closer with AM uses their WS for Umbra/double damage and sets up a huge SC for nukers.

If the BLU happens to have sequence, he might be able to solo Lv 4 with just 2 spells (fire > thunder) and close with AM3 Requiescat. I don't have Sequence so someone with the weapon will have to test if this is possible, but it certainly would be a cool idea.

If you get the Aeonic AM up, you can do the Aeonic SC with any WS. So I'm curious to see if the dia method would work with the AM up. If it does, then it is stupid broken haha.
By emerle 2018-02-01 09:59:17  
Well at least the 2hr is useful now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-01 10:00:35  
I wish I had an Aeonic so I could test that out. :<
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 10:06:35  
That's interesting. Azure Lore is making all spells function as weapon skills sort of. If they allow you to get Radiance/Umbra off of something like Fire > Fire > Dia2 that would be horrendously broken (though very weak in damage). I still have my doubts, and no sequence so cannot test.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-01 10:06:42  
This has been discovered before, but I actually thought they patched it lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-01 10:13:05  
If no one tests it with Radience/Umbra by the time I get home, I'll test it myself.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-01 10:26:57  
I'm amazed that this has never been found before. Hahahaha.
It actually has. This is a very old bug
By geigei 2018-02-01 10:27:57  
Yup, 2 members from my ls knew about it for quite a while, i didnt.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 10:31:19  
I guess the question is, if this has been around for so long, why nobody has found a way to abuse the hell out of it in a practical sense. In an age of SMN/get-***-done-easily, would have seen a strat or two revolving around using this+sch to down ***faster.

Welp, I'll be looking to use it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-01 10:37:09  
Cuz it's fairly impractical and redundant. Only useful in short bursts and even then it requires using a non-optimal sub. If for some reason you can't skillchain with weaponskills a scholar is still plain better at this than a BLU is.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-02-01 10:41:39  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Cuz it's fairly impractical and redundant. Only useful in short bursts and even then it requires using a non-optimal sub. If for some reason you can't skillchain with weaponskills a scholar is still plain better at this than a BLU is.

I think this is 100% accurate. I don't really see a situation where this is practical given other setups.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-01 10:44:12  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Pretty much this. When it got found it was novel and discussed some but for actual practicality it wasn't really that high outside of maybe helping you solo some weird mobs.

I mean why do this when you can just bring another sch and not rely on sp?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-01 10:48:21  
Also to answer the question why AL causes your spells to MB and SC at the same time, AL converts a spell into both magic and a "weaponskill" as it allows for both skillchaining and weaponskilling with blue magic for its duration. Normally for blue magic spells this isn't an issue since magic blue magic can't skillchain (no skillchain properties) and physical blue magic can't magic burst (no magic burst element).

Regular magic doesn't share this distinction as, due to Immanence, it can both magic burst and skill chain and AL does not have any parameter telling it to do one or the other. The difference is, Immanence completely converts magic spells into "weaponskills", thereby stripping them of their ability to magic burst.
First Page 2