Azure Lore... What?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » azure lore... what?
azure lore... what?
By Sabishii 2018-02-01 11:15:26  
clearlyamule said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Cuz it's fairly impractical and redundant. Only useful in short bursts and even then it requires using a non-optimal sub. If for some reason you can't skillchain with weaponskills a scholar is still plain better at this than a BLU is.
Pretty much this. When it got found it was novel and discussed some but for actual practicality it wasn't really that high outside of maybe helping you solo some weird mobs.

I mean why do this when you can just bring another sch and not rely on sp?

You only get friggin' 30 seconds to use it (40 with relic gloves), while a tabula rasa using SCH gives you 3 minutes (you can get another half a minute with relic pants) to do SCs. I was going to test the sequence thing, but the mob I was fighting (Ironside) kept stunning, and I was only able to do ONE skillchain before I got stunned, and azure lore was over before I knew it. I picked the wrong mob. I tried dia2 > dia2, and it didn't do anything (no AM up either). But I imagine bio > AM3 requiescat will do umbra. Thunder > water does darkness though, but I didn't have AM3 up at the time.
By geigei 2018-02-01 11:42:37  
Dunno why you ppl compare this to sch.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-01 11:47:26  
Alright. What're you gonna do with 40 seconds of skillchains from a gimped BLU then? I'll even be nice and give you 80 seconds by assuming you have a revitalizer.

To iterate: this adds nothing to either a high buff melee burn nor a smn burn, the two situations where having such a tight window will mean anything. If you're in need of rapid skillchains and you don't want to be in range to do weaponskills (which would always be superior to this), then you're probably using black mages and they will need a sch for longer term skillchaining. If you can be in range to weaponskill, why are you wasting time casting a 2k dmg t1 spell instead of weaponskilling...?

Is it cool? Yes, always has been. Is it practical or going to contribute in any meaningful way? Probably not.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-02-01 12:20:10  
geigei said: »
Who you calling you people!?!
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2018-02-01 14:06:55  
geigei said: »

Because SCH can SC with their nukes using Immanence.