言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Aeonic Raffle
Aeonic Raffle
First Page 2
By Squabble 2018-02-08 22:22:58  
Voracity is holding an Aeonic Raffle!

The buy in is 3m per entry, 5 entries per character max.

Winning /random gets taken on our Aeonic Run starting 2/9/18 8PM Pacific and 2/10/18 6PM Pacific.

To enter, /tell Squabbler, Annalia or Darian or PM me on FFXIAH with character name and quantity of entries you'd like to participate with.

Collection of funds for participants and /random's will take place in Bastok Markets by the fountain on 2/9/18 at 5:30PM Pacific. 50 entries max for our initial raffle.

After all collections are done, Squabbler will call out entrants one by one to /random once per entry, in view of all participants - /random's before being called out are void and /random's after all entries have been used are void. Highest wins.

If a tie occurs, each tying entry will /random against each other for a tie breaker. (Example: For 923 being the highest /random: Person A rolls 923 for two of their five entries and Person B rolls 923 once and Person C rolls 923 once, then the tie breaker will be Person A /randoming twice, Person B & C /randoming once each, highest winning).

Failure to attend, failure to have beads, and/or failure to have silt for radialens' is subject to forfeiture of their prize.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-08 22:54:43  
Creative way to rob people by selling hope and luck. Gotta hand it to the playerbase, they are evolving with time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-08 22:57:41  
Maths:

3*5 = 15 (So 1 character pays 15m)
15*50 = 750 (So they're making 750m in total, average Aeonic Run costs 150m)

IF the understanding is actually only 50 TOTAL instead of 5 per character.

Then:

50*3 = 150 (So they're making 150m, or the cost of 1 Aeonic)
By Squabble 2018-02-08 22:58:35  
We are capping at 50 entries, not 50 entrants. 50*3m=150m is the limit.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-02-08 22:59:07  
Pretty cool idea, i'd throwdown 3m just because...if its a rip....just 3m. I can't play at those times though unfortunately.
 Asura.Darian
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-08 23:04:31  
Want to clarify the math.

If 1 person buys 5 those all go to the 50 cap.

Theoretically 10 people could get 5 each and each have a 1/10 shot for 15m.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-08 23:08:31  
Yes. Its a 10% chance for 15mil for a 150mil weapon. So you're paying 10% of the actual cost of an aeonic, assuming you win *and* cap your entries.
[+]
By Squabble 2018-02-09 00:05:37  
10% cost for 10% chance is a pretty fair deal.
[+]
 Valefor.Pixxie
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-02-09 00:37:32  
They were one of the choices I was considering for an Aonic. This pretty much was a huge turn off. I'll be taking my gils elsewhere.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Drauni
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Drauni 2018-02-09 00:43:47  

I am then under the assumption that after the so called "winner" gets there "150M weapon clear" the other people who participated in your "raffle" are going to get there ticket money returned? Or were you going to let them use there ticket to re-enter for a later "raffle" at no cost. I mean otherwise your just destroying the decency left and prob. should just not post anything ever again.. I would say is fair no?
By Squabble 2018-02-09 00:48:06  
So when you buy Powerball and lose, you return your ticket to the gas station for a refund? This is just a fun way to get an Aeonic and gives those who cannot afford 150m a chance at one. Treat this like gambling because it is, there are winners and losers.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 00:48:14  
The point of a raffle is a chance at something great for cheap.

Of course you dont get your money back when you lose.

I'm torn on whether its a great idea or a ***one.

Lotteries exist for a reason... humans can't resist.
[+]
By blixa 2018-02-09 00:50:49  
Good deal, if I could play this weekend I’d definitely go in for it.
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2018-02-09 00:51:25  
Most Stupid "creative ***iv'e ever seen" just another way saying " Hey look at me, im a lazy *** bum that would like to take some of your gil"... Yet even a bigger slap to the face for the person that would pay for that dumb Nonsense.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-09 01:24:55  
Carbuncle.Drauni said: »

I am then under the assumption that after the so called "winner" gets there "150M weapon clear" the other people who participated in your "raffle" are going to get there ticket money returned? Or were you going to let them use there ticket to re-enter for a later "raffle" at no cost. I mean otherwise your just destroying the decency left and prob. should just not post anything ever again.. I would say is fair no?

There are many players that cannot afford to purchase an Aeonic clear for 150-200m. However, many players can part with 3m with little effort. Winning guarantees you an Aeonic within 48 hours. If raffle losers were to receive their money back then the net towards our LS is 15m. This is why there will not be refunds for a loss.

A player might purchase a bonanza marble for 2000 gil to receive a 1/100000 chance of winning ~230M value

A player might purchase a Voracity Raffle ticket for 3,000,000 gil to receive a 1/50 chance of winning ~150M value

The expected value of your gamble is as such:

Expected Value = (Cost of Loss)(Probability of Loss) + (Benefit of Win)(Probability of Win)

Just want to use statistics to challenge the anecdotes that this is a poor decision. If you bought Bonanza Marbles you expected to lose 1,770 gil. If you bought our raffle you expect to win 3,000,000 gil. The question is, do you like to think logically?
[+]
 Valefor.Pixxie
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-02-09 01:33:49  
This isn't about logic it's about it being low. You express how you are doing it to help out, but you aren't losing anything. It's just a new low to Merc. I'll be spending an additional 25m with the competition. At least they're straight about their prices.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 01:35:35  
Nothing is stopping you from paying the full price for the full clear instead.

It's not instead of, it's in addition to
[+]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-09 01:41:28  
Valefor.Pixxie said: »
This isn't about logic it's about it being low. You express how you are doing it to help out, but you aren't losing anything. It's just a new low to Merc. I'll be spending an additional 25m with the competition. At least they're straight about their prices.

If it's not for you than it is not for you. We are also the cheapest full clear on the server if you prefer that method. My 10 year old son plays this game, and it is great to share it with him. He's never had more than 10m gil that he raised on his own. Imagine how he'd feel to win the best main hand dagger in the game. I suppose there is a school of thought that mercing will never have pure intentions. I hope this can at least be fun for someone. We also tell jokes in discord and welcome buyers to hang out with us. We've even had some join us. It's a good time!
By Triffle 2018-02-09 01:42:27  
Next up: Random for Herc boots. Betting on the drop costs 1m per try.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-09 01:45:37  
25/50

Only 25 entries left.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-02-09 02:42:27  
Asura.Darian said: »
Carbuncle.Drauni said: »

There are many players that cannot afford to purchase an Aeonic clear for 150-200m. However, many players can part with 3m with little effort. Winning guarantees you an Aeonic within 48 hours. If raffle losers were to receive their money back then the net towards our LS is 15m. This is why there will not be refunds for a loss.

A player might purchase a bonanza marble for 2000 gil to receive a 1/100000 chance of winning ~230M value

A player might purchase a Voracity Raffle ticket for 3,000,000 gil to receive a 1/50 chance of winning ~150M value

The expected value of your gamble is as such:

Expected Value = (Cost of Loss)(Probability of Loss) + (Benefit of Win)(Probability of Win)

Just want to use statistics to challenge the anecdotes that this is a poor decision. If you bought Bonanza Marbles you expected to lose 1,770 gil. If you bought our raffle you expect to win 3,000,000 gil. The question is, do you like to think logically?

While I agree with your premise, some of the statements here are slightly off, this raffle isn't a "good deal", but nor is it a "ripoff" it's an exactly average offer, 3M cost for 3M expected value is neither an expected loss or gain, you're getting exactly the same value as paying 150M for a win, you're paying 3M~15M for a proportionate chance at the win.

As far as comparing it to mog bonanza, calling it an expected return of 1,769.98 gil, compared to a 10k entry fee, that would be an expected 82.3% loss, or saying you're only getting 17.7% of what you're paying for, but it's not exactly a fair comparison because it doesn't take into account any other potential prizes other than the jackpot with far higher probabilities, and what they might be worth to you.

All that said, I'm not saying I have any problem with this, this is, to me, no different than offering a clear at 150M, it's not a deal or a favor nor a ripoff.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-02-09 02:55:55  
give these guys credit. unlike a regular lottery or bonanza, someone will win. it's not just one in a billion that keeps milking people. someone will win, and the other people had the choice on whether it was worth it to them. creative, they're finding an extra market. the people without 150m. it's *** genius.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-09 02:58:41  
I thought about the value of Rank2 and beyond and decided to omit that out of simplicity rather than blend Rank1 with a prize that adds a negligible increase. You're right though definitely way more to it. However, I maintain that you pay 3m to win 150m or 2k to win 230m at a significantly lower probability. I dont think comparing that value in a 1 to manner holds water when you can clearly win for 3m with a realistic probability. All I know is someone on Asura will get an Aeonic this weekend for 3-15 and it could be you!
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-02-09 03:12:04  
Asura.Darian said: »
I thought about the value of Rank2 and beyond and decided to omit that out of simplicity rather than blend Rank1 with a prize that adds a negligible increase. You're right though definitely way more to it.

I definitely wouldn't call the lower ranges (rank2 and beyond) negligible in value at alllll, a much higher chance of occurring, yes they have significantly less value, but compared to the initial cost and much higher chances of occurring, I'd go so far as to say expected value of mog bonanza marbles far higher than their price each, especially if you personally put value on costume items and such that you may not already have collected etc etc that you can guarantee to win at least one of by playing different numbers on the end of your marbles.

I'd call this a worse deal than Mog Bonanza, comparatively, still, but again, not calling your raffle a bad deal, you're paying 3M for an expected 3M in value, perfectly fair.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-09 03:20:30  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Creative way to rob people by selling hope and luck. Gotta hand it to the playerbase, they are evolving with time.
Was about to write something like this, but after thinking it through I think it's actually a pretty neat idea, no robbing at all.

Kudos to you guys!
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-09 04:30:12  
I think it a great idea and them limiting it the the going cost of a clear shows they are not trying to ripoff anyone. You guys realize most real life raffles normally make/sell way more tickets then the actual cost of the the item in tickets bought even if they limit them right? While you might not agree an Aeonic is worth 150m(if you do start selling one cheaper or raffling it) it is the going price atm. So they are not cheating anyone and allowing someone to win at a lower price. I saw some shouts that mercs must be out of customers this isn't the case at all on Asura. They are just trying something new (and fun imo). I say GL to all the people that enter.

They could of done some real life ***and made the cap x2 the amount of the actual prize at hand but nope they did it smart.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 05:31:24  
I was most certainly joking and my sarcasm was evident. The math checks out that they are not over collecting on this. It's basically a way to get someone else to pay the cost of your aeonic for you in hopes of winning. It's creative, and people who enjoy gambling or have some disposable income won't flinch at a 10% chance at a great weapon for 15mil.
By kishr 2018-02-09 05:35:09  
how is aeonic 150mil??
its like 15 or 20mil tops...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-09 05:37:14  
kishr said: »
how is aeonic 150mil??
its like 15 or 20mil tops...

Are you selling for 15m or 20m? I might just buy some of them. I mean I sometimes help merc them just to finish my own but if you are selling for 15m I wouldn't mind afking for my time.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 06:24:58  
I won the raffle...why don't you win the raffle too !

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2