Where Are You Getting Your Adaman?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Where are you getting your adaman?
Where are you getting your adaman?
 Leviathan.Bigrougabagel
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Bigrougabagel 2018-02-11 17:07:45  
There doesnt seem to be a clear way to farm adaman ore or ingots. I have just been camping AH, but that cant keep up. Is mining viable?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-11 17:13:34  
Well, this wont apply to you, but it might, so...

Mog gardens gives maybe 3 ore a day per character. If you have multiple, its a great way to get some.

There really are no good ways, other than that.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-02-11 17:27:13  
To further add to that, the #2 bottom vein is where the adaman usually comes from if I'm not mistaken. Just use rockoil to lock that position in place and it'll last you 2~3 earth days depending on how many "tries" you get from your level

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-11 17:34:15  
Rearing one of the turtles adds the adamant nugget to your mog garden shop.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-11 17:37:07  
You can get some few ingots (max i saw prob 2) from einhenjar but the real source is indeed the AH. Make that a routine and always check if there are some for good price. Also, economy says that if you overprice a bit you tend to have more supply so heres a tip. Buy some a bit more expensive than the average and prob you will see the suply increase.

About mog garden its a good source for adaman ore if you have multiples mules with that hobby ranked (at rank 7 you can harvest 14 times). That nets a huge amount of "good" materials though i dont think enough for adaman purposes.

Also if harvesting use the serums. Here a few testimony of myself with a small sample using them:

"Smelting serum seems to favor adaman ores and other ores like darksteel one, and fewer dragon talons. (...)
Today I tested the effect of Coaltion Serum, the most expensive item sold by NPC (around 12k bayld and just good foor 7 harvests).
Sample: 84 harvests.
Notable drops:
Darksteel Ore: 92 Adaman Ore: 33 Silver Ore: 2 Gold Ore: 5 Platinum Ore: 11 Orichalcum Ore: 6 Phrygian Ore: 1 Durium Ore: 12 Dragon Talon: 2 H.Q. Crab Shell: 5"
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-02-11 18:00:46  
The nuggets don't seem worth it to me if they cost you a little over 5k for 1. And you need 6x and a single ore to make 1 ingot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-02-11 18:16:53  
Boring as hell but Gully's can be desynthed and only cost 300 sparks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-02-11 18:53:00  
I've desynthed 90% of my adaman ingots. Annoying as hell but a huge way to save on costs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-11 19:05:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Boring as hell but Gully's can be desynthed and only cost 300 sparks.

Actually yeah, thats a great idea.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-02-11 22:39:56  
The big turtles (Pygmytoise) in Gustav drop Adaman Ore like 10% with TH. Dunno if that helps at all
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-02-12 00:15:44  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I've desynthed 90% of my adaman ingots. Annoying as hell but a huge way to save on costs.

news to me. Thank you for this
[+]
 Leviathan.Bigrougabagel
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Bigrougabagel 2018-02-12 17:02:11  
Thanks for the responses everyone. As for mog gardening, adamantoise rearing, and regular moghouse gardening, Ive not done any of that, and will start getting into it.

The turtles in gustav tunnel are a source, but only about 8 spawns on a 5min timer and the 10% drop rate seems accurate. Its not reliable, but if youre close to a stack and need a few, then its viable.

As far as desynthing the gullys, Ive given this a shot and came out even when compared to the cost of just buying the ingots. But now that Im thinking about it, I hadnt considered the cost of crystals, or the benefit of the mahogany lumber. It may come out slightly ahead of buying ingots. I think this may be my next path as I can maneuver the mog house to give a desynthesis bonus.

Again, I really appreciate it guys. I'll get some more numbers after doing several rounds of desynthing and report back. This may be a while, But I'll respond to this post.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2018-03-24 16:15:35  
Leviathan.Bigrougabagel said: »
hadnt considered the cost of crystals

Sky is your friend. Warps by all the Elementals.