PC Rebuild - Gimme Some Thoughts.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » PC Rebuild - Gimme some thoughts.
PC Rebuild - Gimme some thoughts.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-05 16:14:15  
Been having some major overheating issues lately, so I am planning to go buy some new stuff. I don't do as much application stuff as I use to so I am not looking to spend a ton. In your opinions, if you were looking to go with current meta of AMD products what would you go with?

Only looking to upgrade the Motherboard; as I think that's my problem (North/South Bridge get crazy hot), RAM, and CPU.

Asus (M5A99FX Pro2) is current board, and it's been a nightmare so I may go gigabyte or MSI. Looking at a Ryzen 5 (6 core), MSI Pro Carbon, not sure on ram.

Any thoughts on how to cut cost? I do school work, some Photoshop, coding, and I do 6box. Not sure to what extent cores will effect the way ffxi runs multiple accounts.

Thanks guys.
 Asura.Darian
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-05 17:41:25  
If you are looking to improve FFXI, I had really bad lag and I upgraded to 32GB RAM and 500GB M.2 SSD with an above average graphics card on a Ti-5 system. Cost me a shade under $1k. Thing boots up in 3 seconds and FFXI with dgVoodu runs crazy smooth. Never have GS lapses or blood pact animation locks anymore.
 Asura.Solidous
user: admx9
By Asura.Solidous 2018-03-05 18:03:16  
A ryzen 5 1600 and minimum 8 gigs of ram. 16 gigs if you plan to play any newer or future games. FFXI uses a single core and going from an FX possessor to a ryzen is a big jump. can even go for the new ryzen APU's if you play at 1080p and save some money on graphics.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-03-05 19:44:20  
Don't get lolAMD?

Asus makes great things, stay away from MSI.
By tyalangan 2018-03-05 19:54:46  
Hypothetically, if looking to multibox an entire party or more worth of characters on the same machine what component upgrade would be required or benefit performance the most (if only planning to play FFXI)?

Ram? CPU? Combination?
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2018-03-05 20:01:18  
The Ryzen 1600 should run this game perfectly fine. I'm currently using a 1700, and a 1050ti. I dual box with it. Cpu utilization as of now is 16%, with multiple chrome tabs open, and 2 x FFXI character windows on screen, and some misc programs. I have DGVoodoo with the settings maxed out, and it does cause some lag animation skipping, but that could be solved by turning MSAA down instead of its current setting which I have maxed out. The temperature is 41 degrees, but it normally hits about 36 and hangs there, but the heat is on and the vent is under the desk. Overall a solid cpu. I've played all the Far Cry series, Metal Gear Phantom Pain, and a bunch of others on Max to High settings with no issues.
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2018-03-05 20:03:53  
Eh, can't get screenshot link to post.
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2018-03-05 20:34:23  
You could multibox this game very easily even with 10 year old components (would sometimes run 5 accounts simultaneously on an old i7 920), so I wouldn't base my purchasing decisions around FFXI unless that's exclusively all you plan to play on your PC. RAM and graphics card prices are through the roof right now because of the high demand in the mobile market and all the crypto currency mining respectively, so expect to get stung unless you're comfortable with the second hand market.
By tyalangan 2018-03-05 21:32:33  
Thanks. I’m just trying to understand what parts of the system multiboxing in FFXI would affect the most. Again, if CPU usage and physical memory were sitting at 90+% what augmentation would help alleviate that?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-05 21:35:22  
Asura.Diavos said: »
You could multibox this game very easily even with 10 year old components (would sometimes run 5 accounts simultaneously on an old i7 920), so I wouldn't base my purchasing decisions around FFXI unless that's exclusively all you plan to play on your PC. RAM and graphics card prices are through the roof right now because of the high demand in the mobile market and all the crypto currency mining respectively, so expect to get stung unless you're comfortable with the second hand market.

Im actually using a Thurban right now to multibox so its pretty old but always been solid with everything Ive used.

I actually ended up going with a MSI Tomohawk (Did not hear good things about the Strix), and a R5 1600. Yeah I am aware of all those things, I do not have any, zero, intentions to play any other games down the road so I'm not worried about Lower end to work with this game. Also Asus left a bad taste in my mouth with my current board, but I agree generally they are great. I dont have to worry about card because I bought 2 R9 380 a while back, and they do fine.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-03-05 21:59:59  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
I actually ended up going with a MSI Tomohawk
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-05 22:49:18