Returning BLM after 3 yeas

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-03-13 12:52:11  
Welcome back! I recently created a mule and got him from 1-99; so I can appreciate the hell you are about to endure. First off, you will want to spam-complete RoV for all those sweet EXP boosting KIs. Once you're done with RoV, you might want to do Ambuscade for a bit to get that gear sets before proceeding to do the Reisenjima ones.

In all honesty I cannot recommend that you play Blm. Since the February 2017 magic accuracy nerf, Blm's use in content is almost non-existent. Blm is really only used for 1 Omen NM (and you have to be perfectly geared for that), sometimes Apex (very well geared, like crazy geared), certain UC NMs, and rarely for Ambuscade. I love Blm, I have it and Sch at Job Points master; but I'd say I only get to play them about once every 7 months for content, I can't even remember the last time I played Sch. Blm's use now is about the same as what you would expect of a Drg.

If you're heart is set on Blm, you will need a different job to gear it. I recommend doing Geo, Run, or Whm. These jobs are brought to almost every fight. The only annoyance of them is that Geo might require you to have Idris (Mythic) for certain tiers.

Please let me you if you have any questions. :x
 Phoenix.Hova
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-03-13 13:12:13  
the best blm ever wouldn't have to ask this question, I know because i'm the best blm ever lol
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-13 13:14:54  
Phoenix.Hova said: »
the best blm ever wouldn't have to ask this question, I know because i'm the best blm ever lol
The “best blm” would have merits done already.... I know he didn’t what about u
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2018-03-13 14:13:08  
Bismarck.Questaru said: »
I was the best Black mage ever and then I got a foot infection and counldnt play Final Fanatasy XI

I once killed a few Lamia Toxophilites on BLM at 75 using my feet and an xbox controller... (I spent too much time at that camp). So I can appreciate how a foot infection could hinder your ability to play for three years.
[+]
 Asura.Grievance
サーバ: Asura
user: ringly
By Asura.Grievance 2018-03-18 17:50:42  
no way this is for reals. your all being trolled. afk, my feet hurt

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-03-18 19:12:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Welcome back! I recently created a mule and got him from 1-99; so I can appreciate the hell you are about to endure. First off, you will want to spam-complete RoV for all those sweet EXP boosting KIs. Once you're done with RoV, you might want to do Ambuscade for a bit to get that gear sets before proceeding to do the Reisenjima ones.

In all honesty I cannot recommend that you play Blm. Since the February 2017 magic accuracy nerf, Blm's use in content is almost non-existent. Blm is really only used for 1 Omen NM (and you have to be perfectly geared for that), sometimes Apex (very well geared, like crazy geared), certain UC NMs, and rarely for Ambuscade. I love Blm, I have it and Sch at Job Points master; but I'd say I only get to play them about once every 7 months for content, I can't even remember the last time I played Sch. Blm's use now is about the same as what you would expect of a Drg.

If you're heart is set on Blm, you will need a different job to gear it. I recommend doing Geo, Run, or Whm. These jobs are brought to almost every fight. The only annoyance of them is that Geo might require you to have Idris (Mythic) for certain tiers.

Wait ... huh?! I suspect this is a troll post but I will bite anyway. BLM is used in a LOT of content. Vagary is pretty much BLM only (at least how our group does it). A lot of Geas Fete NMs make use of magic burst off of SCHs. Apex mobs do not require "crazy gear" -- even ambuscade gear provides sufficient accuracy to get you started. Certainly better gear will make life more pleasant as a BLM, and getting the better shinies will require that you play more than just one job.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-03-18 21:33:05  
I hate you.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hova
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2018-03-18 23:14:48  
Hahahahahaha Jdove; just cause I kept people alive on Tojil runs... I retired Whova after that short era
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-03-18 23:17:31  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Wait ... huh?! I suspect this is a troll post but I will bite anyway. BLM is used in a LOT of content. Vagary is pretty much BLM only (at least how our group does it). A lot of Geas Fete NMs make use of magic burst off of SCHs. Apex mobs do not require "crazy gear" -- even ambuscade gear provides sufficient accuracy to get you started. Certainly better gear will make life more pleasant as a BLM, and getting the better shinies will require that you play more than just one job.

Not at all a troll post. I didn't know about the Vagary part, but I guess that's because I never do Vagary.

For Apex I'm rather spoiled in terms of kill speeds, so with the plain Ambuscade gear I tend to find that Blms cannot keep up with a fully buffed Sam. Brd, Cor, Geo, Whm, tank, Sam; asssuming the Sam is fully geared, will get kills in roughly 1 3-4 step. Doesn't even need REMA. But with Blms, you will need 3-4 Light Scs using Ambuscade gear. Even if you have 50% MB armor, you won't be able to put parse a MBing Smn on Apex. Now, I've been in Japanese Apex parties that have used Blms / Schs and the new crafting gears to down the mobs faily quickly. But I have yet to see any English players match it; but it is possible I've just gotten unlucky.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Niklaus
By Phoenix.Niklaus 2018-03-19 01:20:26  
Wow, what? Once I hit 100 job points for T6, CPing became a joke on BLM. And SMN out parse a BLM on MB??? Has to be troll post or never saw a half decent BLM