users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Considering coming back
Considering coming back
 Fenrir.Shikhana
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shikhana
By Fenrir.Shikhana 2018-03-17 04:30:14  
It's been a while since I was loast on here (2013 by the loks of things) but i'm thinking of returning of game. I remember leaving mainly due to life getting busier but also because I was exhausted with end game and not getting any help from anyone.
Anyway the nostalgia has kicked in and I'm thinking of returning but would like to know what changes have been made to the game since I left. I was on the Fenrir server, is this still active or is it worth changing server?? Can I transfer my old character to a new server or would I have to start again?? (would like to avoid that if I can). Many thanks in advance for any info and hope to rejoin with you soon :D
 Siren.Hermaeus
サーバ: Siren
user: Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2018-03-17 05:02:01  
I came back a couple weeks ago, and for getting end game stuff as a returnee can be kinda of difficult depending on the people you hook up with. However content wise i am still doing stuff all day everyday...lol (currently WotG). I transfered to Asura due to population differences between Asura and Siren at mid-late evening time frame. If you do decide to come back just have fun, don't treat it like some of us old HNM shells did back in the day where it was life...lol
 Fenrir.Shikhana
By Fenrir.Shikhana 2018-03-17 05:24:42  
So were you able to transfer your old character to Asura?? I've heard that it is the most active of the servers, I just don't want to start all over again I really like my old character and love the drg or smn job which I don't get at the beginning. The end game stuff didnt really bother me I was just doing it because I wasn't sure what else to do but looking back there was a truck load of stuff that I just ignored.
 Asura.Luckyseven
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Luckyseven 2018-03-17 07:50:32  
I returned to the game November 2016. Transferred my character to Asura, and yes you can easily transfer if you want to. Didn't find it hard to get good gear, even though I had no friends at the time. Now I don't know what your item level is, but you should be able to solo some gear up until you're able to do Ambuscade. You'll see shouts for that all day long, and here you can get gear that will get you set for tougher things. If I were you I would probably just gear up WHM for Ambuscade, and use it to get the gear you want for your other job(s), quickest way about it.
 Fenrir.Shikhana
By Fenrir.Shikhana 2018-03-17 09:01:25  
Is the level cap still 99?? I have a 99 drg that I can use to get better gear for the jobs im interested in (mainly smn though although thats only 39). I think I'm deffo going to look at getting back into it, from what I've read people are much more willing to help you than it was when I left and I'm glad to see the game is still so active
 Asura.Makenshii
user: Mak84
By Asura.Makenshii 2018-03-17 09:26:12  
Hi!

Some friends and I who played together years ago returned a little over a month ago and have had the same questions. Slowly we have managed to get on the right track to being able to do things as a LS again.

If you're interested, we play on Asura and you are welcome to join us in LS and Discord. We got a good mix of EU and NA players that we are gearing up atm and having loads of fun whilst doing it!

Let me know if you need some help or an invite. Maybe you would like to join our discord for a chat about things before making any switches!

Mak ~
 Fenrir.Shikhana
By Fenrir.Shikhana 2018-03-17 09:28:45  
Hi,
I'm definately leaning towards coming back so it's great to already feel accepted, I remember starting to play as a newbie and not having anyone there. If/when I come back I'm definately going to change server, everything I've heard about Asura has been good and not seen anything about Fenrir, but maybe a new start with a new server (but an old character) would be good.
 Asura.Makenshii
user: Mak84
By Asura.Makenshii 2018-03-17 09:42:06  
Sounds good! Drop me a PM if you fancy taking up our offer :)
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2018-03-17 10:29:40  
Fenrir.Shikhana said: »
everything I've heard about Asura has been good

Wait till you see the trolls ;)
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-03-17 14:57:58  
Game is a lot different now than in 2013.
Groups are still needed for end game content, but they tend to be smaller groups, which makes it easier to find them.

And a whole lot of content can be soloed and low manned.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.