Would You Play An Official SE Pre-Abyssea Server?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Would you play an official SE pre-Abyssea server?
Would you play an official SE pre-Abyssea server?
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Lothire
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2018-03-17 21:24:31  
As the title says, would you play an official pre-Abyssea server hosted by SE itself?

Fresh start, everyone starting at level 1, TOAU era let's say. Hypothetically, assume that it had the average ~~2,000 players like back in the day. Would you put in the effort as you once did?

I absolutely know I would, but I'm curious if I'm in the minority here.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-17 21:34:38  
I was actually on my way out when Abyssea dropped. I enjoyed it because it gave us stuff to do but wasn't all that difficult so just let my LS do stuff but also mess around and troll each other.

I'd had a taste of the hardcore HNMLS crap back in the Sky era and kinda got screwed over and burned out.

I got bored and hated the changes that came with Seekers so I didn't last long after Abyssea.

So no, I probably wouldn't.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-17 21:44:25  
Not a chance.
[+]
 Asura.Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2018-03-17 21:45:50  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Not a chance.

Damn, I really thought there might be a few out there.
By Bongarippa 2018-03-17 21:50:15  
You're probably the minority. Who really wants to be in a ls that the first d ring drop in 3 months goes to the ls leaders brd, not the main ls pld, the second one goes to the ls leaders gf who's actually some neckbeard who plays a mithra character. Instead of camping hnm because some other guy bought the servers only nasa bot for 1k rl dollars you decide to do einherjar for your adaberk (because 35 mil for an armadaberk was almost unheard of) or a dalmatica, then your ls members get pissed because they aren't getting gear fast enough because theyre used to abyssea and forward drop rates and getting gear fast so your ls breaks. Then the only 8 people who are in the nasa bot ls get bored because only they can claim fafhogg, kb, sw and ixion so they quit which makes the server of 50 ppl dissolve, and only 50 because the other 34 forgot to cancel their subs and the 8 ppl with mules, and poof, there goes your *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE nostalgia. Not saying a lvl 75 server is a bad idea or anything, but give the ***up already...
[+]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-03-17 21:53:15  
if my friends from back then was to come back i would lost touch like 5-6 years ago tho now
[+]
 Asura.Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2018-03-17 21:53:43  
Bongarippa said: »
You're probably the minority. Who really wants to be in a ls that the first d ring drop in 3 months goes to the ls leaders brd, not the main ls pld, the second one goes to the ls leaders gf who's actually some neckbeard who plays a mithra character. Instead of camping hnm because some other guy bought the servers only nasa bot for 1k rl dollars you decide to do einherjar for your adaberk (because 35 mil for an armadaberk was almost unheard of) or a dalmatica, then your ls members get pissed because they aren't getting gear fast enough because theyre used to abyssea and forward drop rates and getting gear fast so your ls breaks. Then the only 8 people who are in the nasa bot ls get bored because only they can claim fafhogg, kb, sw and ixion so they quit which makes the server of 50 ppl dissolve, and only 50 because the other 34 forgot to cancel their subs and the 8 ppl with mules, and poof, there goes your *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE nostalgia. Not saying a lvl 75 server is a bad idea or anything, but give the ***up already...

Lol dude you're really jaded, dayum. Also, I wasn't asking about some private server... it was a hypothetical as if the server had the 2k+ people frequently online (/sea all) that old servers had. I get what you're saying, but take a breather for just a moment lol
By Bongarippa 2018-03-17 22:02:18  
Not really jaded. Just seems theres at least 1 post like this a month. I camped hnms, I did kirin the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE smn nether blast/wind blade method, I had capped throwing skill for ixion.
TLDR; No, lvl 75 ffxi was sucked and I wouldn't go back to it if they made another server for that.

Also,
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-03-17 22:02:32  
there are few people pining for the days where they would spend hours fighting for things like Ulli only to lose the pop to an RMT, nor the time where you finally have 3-4 Byakko pops built up but you're still out on getting to lot the 2 pair that drop because there's always someone with more points than you (or worse) merc-ing the gear was preferential to letting insiders lot. there's a lot of nostalgia for the old days, but we were masochists to have played through it and come out on the other end.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-17 22:02:35  
Asura.Lothire said: »
As the title says, would you play an official pre-Abyssea server hosted by SE itself?

Fresh start, everyone starting at level 1, TOAU era let's say. Hypothetically, assume that it had the average ~~2,000 players like back in the day. Would you put in the effort as you once did?

Pre abyssea was certainly the most memorable video game experience that I have after 25 years of gaming. There are tons of good (and painful) memories from 75 era, and I am glad that I started FFXI before Abyssea.

But it's also a once in a life time experience that once you experienced it once, it lost its charm.

Let memory be memory.
[+]
By Bongarippa 2018-03-17 22:05:17  
Afania said: »

Pre abyssea was certainly the most memorable video game experience that I have after 25 years of gaming. There are tons of good (and painful) memories from 75 era, and I am glad that I started FFXI before Abyssea.

But it's also once in a life time experience that once you experienced it once, it lost its charm.

Let memory be memory.

I will definately agree with that. I'm totally glad I experienced ffxi before abyssea. The level grinding, the hnm drama, but after what, almost 8 years of post abyssea. I dont think there's any way anyone could go back to what the game was. It's nice to think of the good ol' days, but after a week of how the game used to be, these ppl would be like fk this lol
[+]
 Asura.Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2018-03-17 22:10:18  
Afania said: »

But it's also a once in a life time experience that once you experienced it once, it lost its charm.

Let memory be memory.

Damn, you're right. It's so hard to realize it, but I think that it's a once in a lifetime experience, as you said. I keep pining for it, but I'd probably not enjoy it the same.

Nostalgia is a ***, eh?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-03-17 22:10:58  
No, not because I don't like the idea....more then fact that I have a wife,small kids,jobs now. Old FF was never playable to that lifestyle. Back in the day I had time to *** off, get drunk and join shouts that lasted 5 hours.
[+]
 Asura.Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2018-03-17 22:15:16  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
No, not because I don't like the idea....more then fact that I have a wife,small kids,jobs now. Old FF was never playable to that lifestyle. Back in the day I had time to *** off, get drunk and join shouts that lasted 5 hours.

Ya dude, you're 100% right. Maybe I miss the days of no responsibility more than anything? Hard to say. I wouldn't give up my wife for anything though. Part of life, I guess.
By Bongarippa 2018-03-17 22:19:05  
The one thing I can think of that would be nice from old ffxi was the ISNM where you can do 6 runs in like 30 minutes with basically a 40% chance for a 500k item. Nowadays 500k isn't what it was 8-9 years ago tho. Maybe a type of bc with a 3 mil drop would be nice. Give Adoulin an Ionis bc. Would have to make Ionis accruable from xp mobs tho. Would give ppl more incentive to cp, thus somewhat bring back the nostalgia of the old bird or mamool meripos.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-17 22:28:20  
Seek for hours on a DD job, only for you to receive an invite and a rumbling stomach at the same time.

Every. Single. Time.
[+]
By Bongarippa 2018-03-17 22:32:26  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Seek for hours on a DD job, only for you to receive an invite and a rumbling stomach at the same time.

Every. Single. Time.

On polearm sam, seeking for 3 hours, had burritos for lunch. Afk for 2 minutes and 33 seconds to use the can, 2 minutes and 17 seconds ago got a tell asking for meripo with a brd and cor. Come back to find out they got a drg who was seeking as well. Guess I should've leveled brd...
[+]
 Asura.Aomrep
user: Aomrep
By Asura.Aomrep 2018-03-18 00:12:16  
Nope
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-18 00:14:17  
I'd settle for a pre-SMN-zerg era server.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-03-18 00:49:13  
Have to agree with Afania on this. If I could erase my memory and re-live pre-abyssea years with my old LS mates, I definitely would but right now I wouldn't restart from zero. Pre-abyssea game has 0 appeal to 99% of current player base used to 30 secs ambu/aeonic wins so it'd be mostly for nostalgia.
By kishr 2018-03-18 01:04:48  
Why so much hate for abyssea
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-03-18 01:45:06  
No. I don't have the time for it.

But I'd like them to refurbish some of the old content to give us little tastes of the past.
By axetofall 2018-03-18 02:44:56  
I’d mess around with it occasionally but I’d never go full in like I used to. Don’t have the time or desire to do that anymore.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-03-18 03:00:35  
kishr said: »
Not sure if this myself, possibly the top 5-10% didn't like everyone catching up so easily. I don't think people realize abby extended the game life and unseen amount by allowing every job to be leveled casually.... Bored? Spend a few months leveling and gearing a new job. Easy mode...I know, look through that and you'll see it was good for the game.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-18 03:06:01  
kishr said: »
Not sure if this myself, possibly the top 5-10% didn't like everyone catching up so easily. I don't think people realize abby extended the game life and unseen amount by allowing every job to be leveled casually.... Bored? Spend a few months leveling and gearing a new job. Easy mode...I know, look through that and you'll see it was good for the game.

I agree, though I barely played during Abyssea. But as someone who quit in WotG the couple times I came back during Abyssea were a lot more casual and it was a lot easier to figure out what to do and actually play the game. And then when Adoulin was going to come out I subbed the last few months of Abyssea and leveled all jobs to 99 and had plenty of things to accomplish the whole time.
By axetofall 2018-03-18 04:08:44  
Slowly rolling out the level cap and making a lot of old gear redundant is what pissed people off more than the easy leveling. Personally at that point in the game’s life cycle I didn’t give a ***.
By geigei 2018-03-18 04:21:08  
No.
By aisukage 2018-03-18 04:32:58  
I did the whole HNM scene and ran Event LS's like sky and honestly nah, Although people will disagree abyssea/VW was some of my favorite years in the game. I use to hate making parties just to go looking to rep a member to end up disbanding cause it has to take him 30 minutes to get to party and then someone else having to go.

Level sync made it easier but it still sucked balls unless you were solo BLM/BST or a WHM or BRD.

Abyssea gave people lots to do, Leveling means, Lot's of NMs to kill, plenty to farm that you didn't need alliances for. It was a lot of fun.

VW imo had a great system, i remember shouting daily either me or my friend would take turns and the whole your chest your loot was great imo. It did suck knowing someone got a item you were after that you knew they already had but that was just the luck of the draw and had to keep at it till you got your own. But it meant no ninja lotting or people sending me tells complaining about why he should be the one to lot on a specific gear. You either got it in your chest or you didn't.

Either way i had tons of fun during abyssea/VW era and after experiencing that i wouldn't dare go back before then. Honestly only thing i miss from those days was the huge community.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4