users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Macro Help!!
Macro Help!!
 Odin.Teeroy
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: phanna
By Odin.Teeroy 2018-03-19 02:00:55  
Ok, so i am no computer guru.. I know weird.. so here is my concern. I really like to play cor, and pld. Problem is my macros are rough, and typically for every function i macro, there is 1 equipset for that macro. Ive played with /wait times and cant seem to get it worked out to have pre/mid/final gears all working. Is there anything i can do with the equipset functions to make this work? Ive read a little about notebook macros that were used pre-equipsets, is there a format that works and is reliable that works with this that doesnt require me to spend months on end writing cpu code (which i cant do anyways?) I dont require perfection, i would just like it to work better so my numbers are a little more competitive, and overall quality of game play is better. At times i feel like im playing on atari vs. You guys playing on home built pc's that rival nasa computers.. please help
 Odin.Kealoha
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-03-19 02:55:17  
I would suggest using gearswap but by the sound of it, you want to play vanilla? I mean, are you willing to try gearswap? If so, that would open up more possibilities for you. Just saying..
 Sylph.Citrelautame
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-03-19 02:56:51  
Using SE's macro system will always make this difficult but possible (mostly). W/O gear swap, you will not be able to get a mid cast set in place. But pre and after are rather easy, i have tested it many times, no delay between pre equip and the JA/WS works about (estimating here) 80% of the time. Do use a delay between ja and post equip though. (you can get mid cast sets to work but its a huge pain w/ se's system)

I highly say to use windower though, Don't worry about the complexity of the gearswap codes when you google it, It is very simple to create (PM me if you want more information) those super advanced codes are way over kill for most players.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-19 03:10:39  
Odin.Teeroy said: »
Ok, so i am no computer guru.. I know weird.. so here is my concern. I really like to play cor, and pld. Problem is my macros are rough, and typically for every function i macro, there is 1 equipset for that macro. Ive played with /wait times and cant seem to get it worked out to have pre/mid/final gears all working. Is there anything i can do with the equipset functions to make this work? Ive read a little about notebook macros that were used pre-equipsets, is there a format that works and is reliable that works with this that doesnt require me to spend months on end writing cpu code (which i cant do anyways?) I dont require perfection, i would just like it to work better so my numbers are a little more competitive, and overall quality of game play is better. At times i feel like im playing on atari vs. You guys playing on home built pc's that rival nasa computers.. please help

With all due respect, you're talking in circles here and it's not really intelligible. A wall of text and you're not really explaining what you need help with.

What are you trying to pre/mid/end. Shooting? Fast cast? We need specifics. What's happening? Is your second set not loading? Do you need to understand the format on how to write it?

For instance, I use vanilla. You don't need to understand code so much, it's just about writing it properly.

Simple range shoot macro on Corsair using equipset 1 and 2 for snap shot and midshot

/equipset 1 <wait 1> --this is your snapshot line
/ra <t>
/equipset 2 --this is the set for landing your shot

You can even add another line to go back to an idle set, if you prefer. The first <wait 1> is extremely important because it shoots your shot in the snapshot set, the wait in between being there to allow you to use your second equip set.

Keep in mind you cannot use two equipsets in a macro without using a 1 second wait in between. However, you CAN use an equipset AND an /equip back to back without a wait

So say you have one snapshot set, but want to use it for both ranger and Corsair.

/Equipset 1 --still your snapshot set
/equip legs "Orion Braccae +3" <wait 1>--this week equip only legs After your equip set loads
/Ra <t>
/equipset 2 --still your shooting set
/equip back "Belenus's mantle"

Note how you don't require waits in between equipset and/equip. Only if you are using the same two macro types back to back. This same logic and macro format applies to fast cast as well. Fc can be a little more tricky though

Hope this helps
By TEEROY 2018-03-19 04:04:17  
sorry, wrote that on very limited time. ok, for shooting I was having a problem where snapshot gear would equip for /ra, and my shooting set wouldn't equip until after the shot landed. So I was thinking that maybe the /wait 1 was too much time and I somehow needed a smaller unit of measure. Additionally, I've read of people using shooting set as "mid set", and equipping 3rd set for +crit %/dmg as a landing set..

so in short yes your response helps, i'll have to look at the macro's, but I believe I may have used the /wait command wrong and its not allowing time for it to actually change the gear.

As for pld and fast cast, this will help tremendously as well, I think in was trying to pack too much info into the macro and just need to simplify it a bit.
Thanks!
By TEEROY 2018-03-19 04:09:41  
I would be totally open to using gearswap. I think I was just intimidated by the complexity of some of the codes I've seen people post on here. I've always been a fairly basic player, and really want to improve my overall experience. Changing up the SE equipset macro's will help some, but it seems if I can get some help getting gearswap working, it would be a much larger improvement, and take a lot of work out of doing some pretty basic stuff.
By Afania 2018-03-19 04:10:22  
Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
no delay between pre equip and the JA/WS works about (estimating here) 80%

Im pretty sure JA/WS works 95%+ of time with equipset, if it works 80% of time like you said, then my WS avg would be 80% of another equally geared GS players, which isn't the case. I haven't notice any huge WS avg drop on parse.

There is a risk that if you use equipset for DT- right before 1000 TP on oh ***moments, then quickly click WS macro, you could WS in DT- set instead, due to the 1 sec equipset delay.

Occassionally there's also the risk of doing QD in equipset, then chain WS right after QD by smashing the macro fast, and ended up WS in QD set because of lag. I usually counter this issue by making my light shot dia4 macro not swap any gears(since I don't need Macc set for dia4 anyways) so I can do light shot x2 then follow up with a WS immediately to minimize JA delay DPS lose.

As far as JA/WS macro not working with equipset, Lag and DT- set problem is really all I can think of.
By Afania 2018-03-19 04:15:36  
TEEROY said: »
sorry, wrote that on very limited time. ok, for shooting I was having a problem where snapshot gear would equip for /ra, and my shooting set wouldn't equip until after the shot landed. So I was thinking that maybe the /wait 1 was too much time and I somehow needed a smaller unit of measure. Additionally, I've read of people using shooting set as "mid set", and equipping 3rd set for +crit %/dmg as a landing set..

It's better not to /wait 1 for FC and snapshot, especially for faster spells. The most risk free way to do it is

/equip <slot name> <item name(FC or snapshot gears)>
/ra <t>
/equipset <midshot set>

It's not possible to mid shot in a 2nd ranged set then end shot in 3rd set and get the advantage of 2 sets afaik.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-03-19 10:54:57  
Is there a way to macro in different ambu backs without using GS?
Sorry, I know a Lil of topic.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-19 10:58:49  
Equipsets can properly specify which back you're equipping, but you can't do it with just basic /equip macros on their own.
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
サーバ: Bahamut
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2018-03-19 11:04:06  
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Is there a way to macro in different ambu backs without using GS?
Sorry, I know a Lil of topic.
If you put the capes in different places, you can specify location:
/equip back "NAME" #
where # is 0 for inventory and 1-4 for wardrobes 1-4
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-19 11:14:48  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Equipsets can properly specify which back you're equipping, but you can't do it with just basic /equip macros on their own.

Actually you can, as long as they are in different bags.

So if you have 5 Geomancer capes, 1 in Inventory, and 1 in Mog Wardrobe 1-4 each. You macro it like this

/equip back "Nantowhatever cape" 1 --mog wardrobe 1
/equip back "Nantowhatever cape" 2 --mog wardrobe 2
etc

I believe just doing:
/equip back "<cape>" 0
defaults to your inventory cape, but that I'm not certain. Either way, you can specify which bag you want the specific item pulled from, with only /equip.

Of course, this all does not work if you have 2 of the same items (with different augments) in the same bag. So say you have 2 BLU capes in Inventory. One is DEX/ACC ATT/STP, other is DEX/ACC ATT/ CRIT, if you are using a standard /equip back "Rosemerta's cape" macro, it won't know which specific cape to select. So it will arbitrarily choose whichever cape at any given time.

The best way to handle this, though, is to just use equipsets. As long as you do not move your item out of the bag, it will register 'that' item to that set, and will always work when you trigger the macro. If you move it out, and then back into the bag, you have to 're-register' that item to the equipset. This happens to me literally every day, where i have 4 ambu capes per job. I have to re-set the macro every time i move them back into my inventory.

So really, the absolute easier way to never have to keep toggling your macros is to organize your bags. Only put augmented items you know you don't want to have to re-set in your wardrobe. Any non-augmented items can go in your inventory, since moving that in and out will have zero impact on your macro sets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-03-19 12:59:10  
Interesting, thanks for helping...time to make more capes. Thenaybe learn how to use GS >.<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [175 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2018-09-10 15:32:53  
Is there a resource for gear swap? It seems really complicated though.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-10 15:42:43  
there's a GS help thread on here.
 Odin.Kealoha
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-09-10 16:13:26  
It’s not as difficult as others make it out to be. Make a basic one and test it out. That’s really the best way to learn it. Then keep tweaking it by adding a little more here and there. Can even send me a PM if you want more help. Good luck bro!
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-09-10 21:37:35  
Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
Using SE's macro system will always make this difficult but possible (mostly). W/O gear swap, you will not be able to get a mid cast set in place. But pre and after are rather easy, i have tested it many times, no delay between pre equip and the JA/WS works about (estimating here) 80% of the time. Do use a delay between ja and post equip though. (you can get mid cast sets to work but its a huge pain w/ se's system)

I highly say to use windower though, Don't worry about the complexity of the gearswap codes when you google it, It is very simple to create (PM me if you want more information) those super advanced codes are way over kill for most players.

It's not that hard.

/equipset #1 <wait 1>
/ma "Spell Name" <t>
/equipset #2 <wait ?>
/equipset #3

#1 is pre-cast, #2 is mid-cast, #3 is idle

Use that template for when your pre-cast gear causes the action to activate into mid-cast gear "too fast." As an example, a BLU casting Subduction with max fast cast would want to use this template. The second wait would vary depending on the JA, WS, or spell being cast.

For actions that you need to activate immediately (and generally don't require a pre-cast), you can just do:

/equipset #2
/ja "Ability" <t> <wait 1> (also works for weaponskills)
/equipset #3