Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-11 17:25:15  
fonewear said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
we will not be replaced
All the monks play on Asura. Normally we have a monk parade at 7 PM every night we run around Jeuno naked going monk is great. Then we *** about the game having no new content in a year...

Soon as all the hardcore quit Asura which seems likely. Asura will be the best noob server there is.

There are more welcome back or returing player linkshells. You would think the game is in 2008.
... do you monks run around with tiki torches screaming, “we will not be replaced. Playing monk is great!” Or “We are making monk great again!”

Live look in at Asura

gahhhahaha. Now were the monks educated on where tiki torches are from and country? Or did they get them from bazaarmart?
By Afania 2018-06-11 17:27:03  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You really are preaching to the choir here trying to convince these players to "build" elsewhere.

Not at all. I'm providing different pov, instead of making assumptions on who would benefit from it and who would not.

I could stay silent if I want, and why not. But then nothing gets changed and those who doesn't know how ffxi community works still assume whoever don't play on Asura just watch moogle spins.
By fonewear 2018-06-11 17:31:14  
The FFXI community is amazing. Definitely meet up with these people in real life what could go wrong.

I created a Asura Anonymous group so we can all *** about how terrible we are.

And strive to become better people.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-11 17:35:18  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Fonewear, your jokes are as stale as a bag of supermarket brand chips lost under the seat of a 1960's stoner wagon sitting in a used car lot still today.

Anyways, this thread was pretty much dead. I only revived it as a way to try and suggest someone sell Jinxed Gamashes on Bismarck. So I just want to reiterate that those boots are the real reason I'm here. I didn't mean for things to get heated again.
How many boots?
Bring at least 5 pairs. I'm sure I won't be the only person buying them.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-11 17:51:13  
Brought the last pair
Gotta be quicker fam
[+]
By volkom 2018-06-11 19:10:45  
Valefor is the best server. Then again I'm biased
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 19:16:26  
volkom said: »
Valefor is the best server. Then again I'm biased

Valefor is a ghost town, to even give it that much credit is insulting to ghost towns...

Third smallest "active" (according to the stats in this database, which aren't super accurate, but paint a reliable picture)

16k for asura, the bottom four could merge and still be roughly equal to that.

I really believe that a "free transfer" campaign, one time to a totally new server (so no one can hold/lose their names, since you guys care about that so much) could really make something happen. One of the closed ones, just open it back up with fresh data.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-11 19:27:49  
Just a little over 400 people on Shiva right now. Only 24 in Mhaura so I assume only 100 people actually playing lol. Oddly enough when I checked yesterday was around 300 people online but 80 were in mhaura

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-12 09:52:03  
Ghost town server

Be the fun the server needs. Make friends. Gear up and try to help people

Or be someone who gets carried and quits 2 months later because they need to be spoon fed
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-06-12 10:03:06  
clearlyamule said: »
Just a little over 400 people on Shiva right now. Only 24 in Mhaura so I assume only 100 people actually playing lol. Oddly enough when I checked yesterday was around 300 people online but 80 were in mhaura

Shiva , like a lot of these allegedly smaller severs, seems to have bigger and better JP populations. Lots of JP players on twitter are from servers that rarely get talked about
Shiva, Leviathan, Siren, Sylph, Bismarck etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-12 11:14:41  
No amount of subscription fees paid would ever make me go back to a ghost server. Lakshmi wasn't quite ghost town, but with my late and often erratic play times, there was no way I could stick around there to make events with the group I was in. I wasn't about to adjust my RL obligations to make room to log in to play a game, since that's just not always possible nor reasonable. And there are not many linkshells that operate from 10PM EST - 2AM EST, so that wasn't going to fly.

If I could speak Japanese fluently and had the JPN client of the game, would be a different story. The move to a different server makes sense and is on a "by case" basis.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-12 12:03:49  
Funny... thought the same thing... until I said f it and just grinded my butt off and stopped blaming the population for my inability to beat content.

With a play time of 4 hours a day you can accomplish alot...

Like i said... spoon fed or bust for some
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-12 12:25:08  
Year 15 for me, not grinding ***anymore. Most of what I get done I initiate it and don't sit around, so i still accomplish a lot in the same time frame. Was a different story shouting for hours for bodies, can get the same done in 10 minutes. I have nothing to prove anymore, not grinding for anything. Like I said, Asura is the easy and lazy option, but that's quite alright for some of us. It's just a game for recreational enjoyment after the fact.
By axetofall 2018-06-12 16:37:52  
Asura needs to be plaguebombed. Might just transfer to Odin. Can’t understand anyone cause I don’t speak Japanese but that’s a plus in my book.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2018-06-12 16:38:49  
Did you join Fenrir yet?
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-13 00:15:26  
Year 15 for me, not grinding ***anymore. Most of what I get done I initiate it and don't sit around, so i still accomplish a lot in the same time frame. Was a different story shouting for hours for bodies, can get the same done in 10 minutes. I have nothing to prove anymore, not grinding for anything. Like I said, Asura is the easy and lazy option, but that's quite alright for some of us. It's just a game for recreational enjoyment after the fact.

I don't think being lazy/casual has anything to do with server size, lol. It's not like I sit around in town either.
 Lakshmi.Igadget
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-06-13 01:28:42  
Caerda said: »
When I transferred from Lakshmi over a year and a half ago there were usually 200-400 online. Maybe see 2-3 /yell in an entire day. Nothing on the auction house, bazaars about the same. No active linkshells anywhere, most had 3-4 people and no one ever spoke. You couldn't even put groups together to do delve or vagary... I would imagine its still the same there but after going to Asura I would never want to go back to a "ghost town" server.
No amount of subscription fees paid would ever make me go back to a ghost server. Lakshmi wasn't quite ghost town, but with my late and often erratic play times, there was no way I could stick around there to make events with the group I was in. I wasn't about to adjust my RL obligations to make room to log in to play a game, since that's just not always possible nor reasonable. And there are not many linkshells that operate from 10PM EST - 2AM EST, so that wasn't going to fly.

If I could speak Japanese fluently and had the JPN client of the game, would be a different story. The move to a different server makes sense and is on a "by case" basis.

Lakshmi is a hell of a lot more dead now than it was a year ago. I probably only recognize a handful of people anymore. Even so you couldn't pay me to transfer to the cancer server known as Asura. I'd rather solo until the servers merge again or the game shuts down. There's still plenty of stuff I can get done on my own and not have to deal with all the retardation.
 Odin.Spoiled
サーバ: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-06-13 01:49:54  
Transferring from Lakshmi was the best decision I've made during my time playing this game.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-16 19:23:34  
Actually this is more like Asura:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-16 19:29:32  
Actually this is more like Asura:

YouTube Video Placeholder
Pretty much a FF11 documentary about Asura.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-16 21:13:54  
Candlejack said: »
we will not be replaced
All the monks play on Asura. Normally we have a monk parade at 7 PM every night we run around Jeuno naked going monk is great. Then we *** about the game having no new content in a year...

Soon as all the hardcore quit Asura which seems likely. Asura will be the best noob server there is.

There are more welcome back or returing player linkshells. You would think the game is in 2008.
... do you monks run around with tiki torches screaming, “we will not be replaced. Playing monk is great!” Or “We are making monk great again!”

Live look in at Asura

gahhhahaha. Now were the monks educated on where tiki torches are from and country? Or did they get them from bazaarmart?
Were they also educated on where their white polos were made?
Lol

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Numquam 2018-06-17 08:47:11  
Asura is the best. Come play.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-06-17 10:38:25  
Lockstyle is the true endgame, come to Asura and get all those precious shiny's for that fresh look.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-17 11:03:00  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Just keep in mind that the size of your server population doesn't matter, it's how you use it.

It's about the motion in the commotion.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-17 11:09:51  
Asura.Azriel said: »
Afania said: »
fix the problem because escaping isn't an option.

Something noone ever said in a PUG in Asura. Sadly.

Pug members are

DNC, DRG, SAM, SAM, WHM/RDM, and a COR

You can't fix that and that's the majority of failed groups. Biggest reason for failures is improper setup, second is the leader doesn't know the content but thinks they do because they saw someone else do it. That person is going to waste a lot of everyone else's time before admitting they were approaching it wrong. In the era of trusts, if something is sufficiently difficult to necessitate a group then it's sufficiently difficult to necessitate a proper group. Otherwise just walk away and save the frustration.

On Asure the majority of high end players are in linkshells and groups, they only do PUG's when their bored. The key to getting all content done is to find some of these people and get in with them. Ghost town servers don't have the population for PUGs and instead have the same high end players controlling access to content. So if there is a team of high end players already ready to take someone in, then it's feasible to move to a low population server.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2018-06-17 13:15:30  
I'm on Lakshmi and never had an issue :) There is no wait time for stuff at all and plenty of people I have found to play with ^^ I hope you find a good server soon!
[+]