Why Is Invincible Shield A Rising Unity Trust?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Why is Invincible Shield a rising Unity Trust?
Why is Invincible Shield a rising Unity Trust?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Resetti
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-06-26 21:56:21  
Is there something I'm missing? For some reason Cerberus has always had Apururu on top even though Yoran-Oran is a better healer. Out of nowhere Invincible Shield has started rising in the ranks for Unity and is currently in second place. Here is Cerberus' current ranks:

1. Apururu 177pt
2. Invincible Shield 134pt
3. Yoran-Oran 99pt
4. Pieuje 96pt
5. Sylvie 55pt
6. Jakoh Wahcondalo 18pt
7. Ayame 16pt
8. Naja Salaheem 16pt

I still think Yoran should be on top but am now curious about Invincible Shield
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-06-26 22:37:31  
If this is a server related thing wouldn't you know better than us? As far as I know he is still at the bottom on asura.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-26 22:40:59  
The funny thing is our top unity has 99 points. lol.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-26 23:01:35  
The RMT army all join the same UC so they can clear ROE's en masse to farm Sparks. On Shiva, they're with Sylvie. On your server, maybe they're all w/ Invincible Shield.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-06-26 23:14:41  
Also, if a lot of people are CPing, they may be using him to gain the CP bonus.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 00:12:26  
So awhile ago to encourage people from just all using the same unity they made it so that lower unities get bonuses to cp and accolades. For people not needing the unity leader itself this is a pretty good deal to change each week
[+]
By Elizabet 2018-06-27 03:34:18  
Invincible shield is a voke based Tank (instead of flash) that gets boosted stats (unity leader) making him probably the go to / best tank trust for leveling new jobs. Especially good for newer players or returning one that don't yet have all the better trusts.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 09:39:04  
This reminds me of the time back in early FFXI when the 3-starter nation's primary field zones would occasionally be 'stolen' right before the conquest tally. Angry JP hordes would all spam Expeditionary Force throughout the week and spam crystal trades right before the conquest tally, and would take Ronfaure/Gustaberg/Sarutabaruta. I still have these outposts available. Kind of funny to see strange trends like that.

I do think Arislan is right on the money. If they are RMT, generally, they aren;t wasting time spending points or doing quest obtaining the best available Trust. They would just pick whichever Tank Trust they have easily available via Unity. Just so happens Invincible Shield is the only UC Tank on the list, so that may very well be why he's being chosen over other options. And as others have stated, if new players are looking for a tank, Invincible Shield is probably the easiest to use.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-06-27 11:31:47  
Cerberus.Resetti said: »
For some reason Cerberus has always had Apururu on top even though Yoran-Oran is a better healer.
All hail Apururu!!!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2018-06-27 12:09:15  
Buuuuuuuuuukkkkkiiiiiiiii's wrapped
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-27 13:46:24  
Cerberus.Resetti said: »
Is there something I'm missing? For some reason Cerberus has always had Apururu on top even though Yoran-Oran is a better healer. Out of nowhere Invincible Shield has started rising in the ranks for Unity and is currently in second place. Here is Cerberus' current ranks:

1. Apururu 177pt
2. Invincible Shield 134pt
3. Yoran-Oran 99pt
4. Pieuje 96pt
5. Sylvie 55pt
6. Jakoh Wahcondalo 18pt
7. Ayame 16pt
8. Naja Salaheem 16pt

I still think Yoran should be on top but am now curious about Invincible Shield
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-27 13:55:11  
It might be a racial conspiracy to make galkas the only true superior race?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 14:06:19  
Pretty sure the only race to be enslaved isn't the superior race. Also no naughty bits
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-06-27 14:43:27  
Tarutaru = Master Race. Sorry

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 14:52:18  
Galka are slowly rising up to power. There was a Vanadiel Day that turned all of the moogles in Galka. Coincidence? I think not! The trump administration has done more to unite than divide us, and this is just another dog whistle being heard across the servers. Won't be long until Ferreous will refuse to Raise 3 dead comrades; Invincible Shield won't provoke when Mithra are about to die; AAGK will purposely interrupt your 5-step Radiance and make you rage; This will not be a happy time. Progress is not overnight, but the presence will be felt. You have been warned.

tldr; https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/74532
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-27 15:03:08  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Galka are slowly rising up to power. There was a Vanadiel Day that turned all of the moogles in Galka. Coincidence? I think not! The trump administration has done more to unite than divide us, and this is just another dog whistle being heard across the servers. Won't be long until Ferreous will refuse to Raise 3 dead comrades; Invincible Shield won't provoke when Mithra are about to die; AAGK will purposely interrupt your 5-step Radiance and make you rage; This will not be a happy time. Progress is not overnight, but the presence will be felt. You have been warned.

tldr; https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/74532
Facts. Need Alex Jones on the case
[+]
By Draylo 2018-06-27 15:10:47  
I wish they unlocked all the unity trusts but only gave bonuses to the one you're affiliated with. I never got to play with the others.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 15:21:56  
Draylo said: »
I wish they unlocked all the unity trusts but only gave bonuses to the one you're affiliated with. I never got to play with the others.

Holy ***Draylo said something a rational person would agree with. Mark the calendars.

Putting the only good whm(s) and the actual only geo as unity is dumb. And the whole unity bonuses matter phase is pretty much over. I think I still use 1 piece of unity gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 15:23:05  

Outside of Yoran, Apururu and Sylvie (my choice for best UC all-around trust), what other UC Trust is even reasonably close and as-useful? Pieuje? Perhaps Naja for Peacebreaker? They others aren't that good. AAGK is already better than Ayame in terms of dps (translation: both suck, but aagk sucks less). I still don't know what the hell Maat even does. What trusts would you really use outside of the top 3 I mentioned? I actually had to go to the Trust BG wiki page to find out who the other Trust UC's were, because I've never once seen Flavira, Aldo, or Jakoh ever once not ever. SE made the picks for UC sooo one-sided, it's kind of like you almost don't have a choice to begin with.

They should have just made Cornelia a UC. I'd trade 50 of the trusts in my list to get her back.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-06-27 15:33:23  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Outside of Yoran, Apururu and Sylvie (my choice for best UC all-around trust), what other UC Trust is even reasonably close and as-useful? Pieuje? Perhaps Naja for Peacebreaker? They others aren't that good. AAGK is already better than Ayame in terms of dps (translation: both suck, but aagk sucks less). I still don't know what the hell Maat even does. What trusts would you really use outside of the top 3 I mentioned? I actually had to go to the Trust BG wiki page to find out who the other Trust UC's were, because I've never once seen Flavira, Aldo, or Jakoh ever once not ever. SE made the picks for UC sooo one-sided, it's kind of like you almost don't have a choice to begin with.

They should have just made Cornelia a UC. I'd trade 50 of the trusts in my list to get her back.

I've honestly never got a chance to play around with the others because I've been on Apururu since day 1. However, I always liked the idea of some of their unique traits like Naja as you said.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 15:34:04  
I'd happily trade in 90/108 trusts for Cornelia

DD trusts are 100% useless. Only Gimmick ones matter. All but 2 of the "tanks" are hot garbage. Selhteus/Arciela I/Iroha II and Shantoto II if you need magic
[+]
By Draylo 2018-06-27 15:35:42  
Who are you to say that? I have never heard of you and don't care to look into what other name you've had. Only see your hate filled posts all the time lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 15:46:16  
Naja Peacebreaker is cool, if you rig the system to force her to only use that. Perhaps for a few fights she might be useful. But to what extent is what I'm questioning. If she TPs that much that she would interrupt my skillchain, then is her -50% mdef/def that useful? Her QA TA and STP traits make it impossible to inhibit her from gaining TP at an accelerated rate, especially if you run with haste buff NPCs that will cap you out. She'll get capped as well.

I just think the whole concept of Unity Concord Leaders being anything but mages or support was a bad idea because no DD trust could ever keep up with a human DD in any capacity (even Shantotto II, though she's useful for things). On the other hand, a support trust, healer trust, or even August (when properly supported) can be useful in end-game scenarios and actually is used in a few strategies. He tanks Gin like an absolute boss, and if you hit him with Dark Carol/Fade, he literally cannot die to anything but Bravado + Fullers. There isn't a DD trust that compares or contributes to a party the way a healer or support trust can contibute, even with the +5 levels. And August, Amchuchu, and AAEV (sometimes AAHM) are the "best" tanks for their situation, and they aren't even UC. It's a horrible balance entirely.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 15:50:58  
Ayame does some fun skillchain stuff and will often give you tp.

Flaviria likes to start fights of with Angon.

Naja spams ws and you can pick which one she does.

Pieuje is a solid healer that can remove a lot of debuffs fast

Honestly most situations half of that is more useful for me solo/triboxing and even when I need a healer bush emperor is more than sufficient
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 15:59:24  
Ayame will give you tp as often as Shikikoyo timer is up, which brings her usefulness for that niche factor a bit down. She's always been a cool SC partner though. But a choice for UC? hmm

Flavira using Angon, she's a DRG, with an ability tied to a timer as well. Does she come with a wyvern? Why does she have Super Jump, honestly? Why didn't they give her innate Fly-High ability? Spirit/Soul Jumps? It's not like any of them are good DPS anyways. what would it hurt? Does she use Super Jump wisely to avoid harmful tp moves, or only when she has hate (aka never)? I'm asking because there's little information on her. DRG UC as a top choice? Can't see it either.

Naja is debatable and that might be an interesting option if you're looking for a debuff down move, or you need someone to constantly spam aoe MP cure for party. Otherwise, another DD trust that will interrupt your SC and not contribute in a meaningful way.

Pieuje is the one I would agree with that would be useful. The catch with him is that he will stand in range, and does not possess the magic evasion bonus that Yoran does. Yoran can resist silence like a true boss, and then fix everyone else up. If Pieuje's claim to fame is standing in range and getting hit with silence aoe, he's just as useless in that regard. If the majority of content you do has harmful status effect, yes, I can see him having a use. They should have given any healer trust who stands in range a native -50% dt, because they will inevitably die to anything that's aoe. Might pick him, but not really enough to convince otherwise.

Unless there's something neat about the others that I don't know about, the reasonable options are simply Apururu, Yoran-Oran, and Sylvie. The only way they can make UC DD trusts good is if they give them the innate ability to create radiance/umbra just off of logic. Otherwise, they are garbage.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-27 16:13:03  
There is something neat you don't know about.

Other people play the game and have different set ups and play styles and needs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 16:16:20  
That would be true, if the other trust options didn't offer something similar or better and didn't require them to be locked into a unity to obtain access to them. When you have to pick only one, the list is narrowed down. Outside of the Unity Bonuses you receive from picking them, outside of a few anomalies, nearly nobody is picking those other UCs. If that was the case, this thread would not seem so strange to the OP and we'd see more fluctuation in the ranking.
First Page 2