users online
RIP Sophie
First Page 2
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-02 19:26:05  

I’ve always disliked dogs. Since I was in middle school mainly because of bad experiences but as I got older (27ish) I got to take care of my moms shitsu which is a little dog. Made me realize how special dogs are but I still had issues with big dogs. Then I met my fiancé and she had a huge black dog named Sophie. After being together for 5 years so far I also really loved her big dog. Made me realize how cute and loving they are. Whenever I came over she got up and did her “happy dance” when she saw me. She was 10+ years and lately she was not doing so hot especially with her leg in a lot of pain. I had a feeling it was close to her time and I was hoping to see her this weekend. But after I got out of work I got the call and I was sad to hear they had to put her down today most likely cancer in her leg. She’s an hour away and the place closed in 30 mins and rush hour traffic. I’m devistated I didn’t get to say goodbye to a dog that really help me get over my dislike for big dogs. People don’t need to say sorry for your loss or anything really. All I’m saying is no matter how long or short your experience you have with a pet sPend as much time as you can with it. RIP Sophie you were a good girl.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-07-02 19:33:25  
I wanna say something positive but I can't... that's horrible, man. Good to hear she changed your mind about dogs though! Female dogs are the best anyway!

RIP
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-02 19:35:52  
Sorry to hear. I had a golden retriever for over 10 years was the best dog ever. I was upset for quite a while when he passed away.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-02 20:48:16  
my boy is almost 18, going to be rough when I lose him. :(
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-07-02 20:50:59  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Spoil that dude ROTTEN!
[+]
 Odin.Kealoha
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-07-02 22:00:49  
My condolences man...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-07-02 22:18:05  
It was tough when my parents moved 5 hours away with our black lab. My brother and I kept him in town for a few months but it was way too unfair. We both work full time and our parents are retired in a new house with a pool.

Easy choice, he's in the pool more than anyone else and there's always someone home with him. 5 hours isn't that far.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-02 22:53:45  
I got a better picture but this is when her leg was pretty bad that she sat down more. Basically, go wherever you are and sit near you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-02 23:15:56  
Josiahkf said: »
"Best Doggo does the shopping"

That made me smile :)
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-02 23:56:30  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Spoil that dude ROTTEN!
I have been since I got him
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-07-03 00:27:29  
The only thing I think about when someone posts on forums about a death:

[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-07-03 01:00:16  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-03 07:00:14  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

I’ve never seen this one before but damn. Lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-03 07:40:37  
Candlejack said: »
Sorry for the loss. Mine is around 10 years old, a relatively healthy Shih-tzu mix who probably has another five to eight years left in him, with care, who I can't imagine being without. Pic related, myself with my little buddy from last October. Before anyone asks, yes, I drag him along with me when I hunt ghosts.

Damn, you're 30min from me.

As per the topic, I too wasn't big on dogs for most of my life. A neighbors golden had bit me while we were playing football one day, and my only other common dog experience was my childhood best friends chihuahua, so not exactly the most pro-dog background. But then I saw a post on my local subreddit, guy had two dogs and the older started having some health issues where he couldn't really handle playing anymore, so he found someone to take the younger dog, but story goes that dog bit one of the womans kids and got sent back to the earlier owner. He still couldn't keep the dog because of his own dog, and now he can't put him in the shelter or they'll probably euthanize him for being aggressive. So he took to the internet, my girlfriend has always been a dog person and used to work in a kennel, so I YOLO'd it, and it's the best decision I've ever made. He's a great dog, and when I bought a house I put in dog doors so he can go in and out whenever he pleases, very different from his original situation which showed him chained to a tree. He's around 8 years old now, and I just know I'm going to be in a deep depression should he ever pass.

Pic since that may be where this thread is going:
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-07-03 07:51:18  
Candlejack said: »
Sorry for the loss. Mine is around 10 years old, a relatively healthy Shih-tzu mix who probably has another five to eight years left in him, with care, who I can't imagine being without. Pic related, myself with my little buddy from last October. Before anyone asks, yes, I drag him along with me when I hunt ghosts.

Interesting. I live about 20-25 minutes away from you. In Virginia! Purcellville/Roundhill
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-03 08:44:42  
Dogs are the best people. Sorry for your loss.

My girls:

[+]
By Zeota 2018-07-03 09:09:26  
So sorry for your loss!

Dogs are truly a blessing we humans don't really deserve!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-03 09:27:39  
Sorry about your loss.

I firmly believe that the best way to honor the memory of a beloved pet is to rescue another pet. It works for me.

My current dog.

After my previous dog died it took me MONTHS to find this one. But I'm picky. He had to be at least as special and wonderful as the last one.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-07-03 10:23:41  
Quote:
Sorry about your loss.

I firmly believe that the best way to honor the memory of a beloved pet is to rescue another pet. It works for me.

Love this. Love dogs. When something happens to mine I will be a wreck.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-07-03 12:13:54  
just recently lost my chinchilla Sophie as well. Whether its your first pet or 1000th... it always sucks..

[+]
By aisukage 2018-07-03 13:49:53  
Sorry about your loss, it's tough i understand i still miss my dog to this day.

Casper joined my family when i was 7 years old. 12 years later we discovered a lump after he had been acting weird. He couldn't control his bladder and needed help standing on his feet. We were given the option since it was a couple weeks before Christmas if we wanted to wait till after Christmas. as much as i would have loved to have him around for Christmas he was obviously suffering so we made the tough decision so he didn't have to suffer anymore. I have friends that never understood how he was classed as a family member mainly because they never had pets. I'm sure though that everyone here who has a pet understands just how much of a family member they are.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-07-03 15:25:42  
Dumping some milk bones out for all the lost puppers~
[+]