フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dynamis (D) Wave 3
Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-05 16:12:31  

I'm hoping we can avoid arguments in this thread and instead focus on making the wiki accurate for this content.

Items:
- Jeuno's Obstatrix kill allows you purchase Moldy h2h, dagger, axe, and great sword from Aurix.
- Mega boss kills prior to the update also fulfill the requirements to buy Moldy weapons and synthesis materials from Aurix.
- However, it appears the food synthesis items are not purchased. We observed one dropped from Obstatrix (goblin offering).
- Wave 3 fodder drops old identification cards, 100 = 1 demon's medal.

Content:
- Killing mega boss Obstatrix in Jeuno causes all wave 2 mobs to despawn, and Volte (job type) mobs to appear. Time extend seems based off of how many statues killed in Wave 2.
- Enmity isn't alliance wide, so you are able to sac pull if needed, or twilight zombie etc. (may be useful later when people start acquiring the new weapons)
- Accuracy requirements can be high for DPS and mages (depends on the mob's job), around 1700 was needed to hit everything comfortably, mages struggled in general with magic accuracy.
- Normal enemies are similar to Wave 2 level wise, but in every group there is a job name synonym (for example, Volte Sniper instead of Volte Ranger) which is a much higher level.
- NIN mob does Mijin Gakure on a single target only, not AoE.

- Mob groups spawn surrounding an Elemental Circle. We were not able to sleep them. Pets were slept without issue even from the higher level mobs.
- Damage to the elemental circle caused a Disjoined Mithra ??? to appear, half invisible. This is not to be confused with the actual boss, Disjoined Mithra.
- The elemental circle does not do damage unless it is triggered and then it will AoE for about 300-500 damage to a wide radius (current trigger theory is due to elemental ws/magic aligned with the element) Defeating the elemental circle causes the Disjoined Mithra ??? to die.

Mega Boss notes:

- For Jeuno, Disjoined Mithra is at the zone to Upper Jeuno.

Assume these notes are applicable to every zone boss, but its possible they all have different gimmicks:
- "Seems to spawn 4 jobs at every 20% (to summon one of every job in it's 100%?)"
- "We saw it use Shin Zantesuken once, perfect dodge once, Mighty strikes once. Beware of the WAR add, it wrecked 5 people with a double Fell Cleave"
- /NIN appears ideal for melees due to it being a long fight.
- Beaten with alliance of 18, but people are reporting it is possible to do with less than 18.

*** I will edit and update this post as information is shared.

<3 Thank you in advance to anyone who contributes.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-05 16:18:09  
does this come with another 30 min time extension now? or no?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-05 16:20:30  
Wave 2 boss gave you the moldy access.

There is a new 30 minute extension but the update notes SE released tells of how it works because there is different ways to get part or all of it.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-07-05 16:20:59  
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281227734

Bastok wave 3 mega boss is Disjoined Galka. Dual wields with Aymur main hand. They killed only the fire fetter, so it seemed to be vulnerable to fire. Absorbed all other elements.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 17:17:51  
Ummm..for some reason my wife has access to all the weapons except bow and bolt, and demon's medal under windurst. We have killed all the mega bosses before and have n ot entered dynamis since update.

AKA prior megaboss kills count? (we've only fought/killed Yagudo once, and done Halphas at least a dozen times, the other two half a dozen times)

But yeah...we already have access to the wave3 ***

*edit I have access to all the weapons and neck pieces, and crystals, not sure why my wife does not, we've done the same amt of Megaboss Kills and Dynamis runs in the past
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-07-05 17:19:31  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Ummm..for some reason my wife has access to all the weapons except bow and bolt, and demon's medal under windurst. We have killed all the mega bosses before and have n ot entered dynamis since update.

AKA prior megaboss kills count? (we've only fought/killed Yagudo once, and done Halphas at least a dozen times, the other two half a dozen times)

I seem to as well.
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2018-07-05 17:22:41  
Bastok wave 3 mega boss is Disjoined Galka. summon during Astral flow the Master trial Odin, he used Shin Zantetzuken and we didn't see the end of the tunnel..
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-07-05 17:34:29  
Quote:

*edit I have access to all the weapons and neck pieces, and crystals, not sure why my wife does not, we've done the same amt of Megaboss Kills and Dynamis runs in the past

Have they tried going thru all the dialog of the goblin?
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2018-07-05 17:40:54  
Staleyx said: »
Have they tried going thru all the dialog of the goblin?
Turns out I was on the mule for that Windy megaboss run. Checked and the "Windurst (D): demon's medal" is in their list instead!
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 17:41:11  
K she did the one Yagudo kill we attempted on her alt, sooo i guess clearing the wave 2 MBs even in the past gives u access.

*Edit RIP she just posted that ^
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 19:18:03  
Just entered 20mins ago, on 2nd circle will post results when run is over
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 20:07:52  
Killed all 8 circles, about to try Galka now. Aurix randomly spawns sometimes when u tag circles.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-05 20:29:24  
Killed wave 3 in Sandy (the Wave 2 mobs and Halphas seemed like they hit much harder than normal).

Ice fetter popped a Disjoined Elvaan with an Almace, so if they're separated by zone, Sandy is Empy.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 20:31:49  
So now you know where each weapons "trials" will be

Lastok has the mythics, San has the emps, jeuno has the aeonics and windy must have the relics

(unless it randomly shifts)
By Nyarlko 2018-07-05 20:37:42  
Would someone mind checking the other medal/material categories? Curious about how the food materials are obtained.
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 20:40:19  
Bastok's Galka had Aymur mainhand but what we think was Excal offhand, are they 100% separated by type?

Nyarlko said: »
Would someone mind checking the other medal/material categories? Curious about how the food materials are obtained.
I think it's after defeating all wave 2 bosses? I'm only missing jeuno "demon medal" (read: wave 2 megaboss) category and I don't have any of the offerings on my listings.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-05 20:41:10  
So, on the Water Fetter, it popped two types of Volte mobs other than the NM.

Volte (job name) was fragile, with like 50k HP.
Volte (job name synonym) was much more durable, with upwards of 800k 1 million HP.

The Ice fetter right SE of Halphas's spot popped Volte Priest and Volte Twirler.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 20:58:06  
Did Bastok cause Zone buff thing. Galka NM, killed all 8 circles.

Ok we got it to 40% in 23mins of fight time. techically, got it to 20% but a Wildcard from a COR add healed it for 20%.

Seems at roughly every 25% 20% it will spawn 4 volte adds with various jobs. WHM benediction did not heal it for much.

From our numbers, guy has about 15 mil HP.

Parties were:

1) WAR DRK COR BRD WHM GEO
2) BLU WAR COR BRD SCH GEO
3) PLD GEO GEO WHM COR THF

All the REMA toys and all 4 GEO were Idris.

We rotated BRDS and CORs to have fighters/chaos/hunter/Samurai rolls, and when Soul Voices were down, H. march, V.March, 2 mads, rest were attack songs i think and maybe scherzo(10 songs).

tank party GEOs were frail/torpor/entrust vex, Wilt/fade/entrust haste. DD party GEos were fury/atunement, entrust barrier.

We saw it use Astral Flow, summon Odin and Shin Zanetsuken once, perfect dodge once, Mighty strikes once. Beware of the WAR add, it wrecked 5 people with a double Fell Cleave, think the GEO was slow in tagging wilt on it.

The fight is so long that pretty much all your DDs will cap their hate, I recommend /nin, or using barrier in your DD parties. (along with wilt somewhere). I also think that Hybrid RUN tanks are a better bet cause DPS, me on PLD was a total waste of a slot. We killed the adds that spawned at the HP intervals in place. I recommend you have someone take them away and kill them elsewhere (at least do this for the COR cause Wildcard for 3mil Hp....recovered........)

It did not use the Cloudsplitter Variant in the dat files, as far as we know. We think this happens under 25%?

With a few adjustments (we didn't need atunement at all up to the point we got him too) and a bit more time, he should be killable.

BIG EDIT THAT WE FORGOT AND Mischief figured out!

When u fight the earth circle, for example, do not use any Weapon skills that have scission/gravitation/darkness properties, and it will NOT do heavy AoEs. I think it did NOT do ANY aoes

[+]
By Afania 2018-07-05 21:05:24  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

- Accuracy requirements are high for DPS and mages, around 1700 was needed to hit comfortably, mages struggled in general.

The acc requiment for wave 3 mobs really varies. with acc food and rema brd madrigal x2, On leader mob of each group I still need 1200 in gears AND use Hunters roll to cap. On thf leader I had to use 1275 set and still not capped. On regular mob 1160+food, Hunter and rema songs caps it, on circles 1084 caps acc and doesn't need hunters.

So basically when it comes to acc requirement, thf leader > normal leader > normal mob >>>>>> circles.

Some tank mobs like to flash too, so that also changed acc requirment if you get hit with it.

So yeah, lots of acc tier swaps are required. Could even swap rolls around. I usually remove hunters before we engage circle.

Wave 3 and mb really reminds me max ilv incursion in 2014.......

Edit: btw, leaden dmg was crap for me on wave3, unsure if mage buffs would change it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 21:14:12  
And what Afania said, acc requirements did vary for us, but 1700 is a good starting point.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-05 21:20:32  
Here's the weapons of the Sandy boss:

Funnily enough, he doesn't aggro.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-05 21:36:15  
Please do. Less arguing and more on topic, fact-based posts
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-07-05 21:41:26  
This was the Jeuno Mithra.

Seems to spawn 4 jobs at every 20% (to summon one of every job in it's 100%?)

Got Shin Zantetsuken'd at 75% and that was the end for us. Pretty low evasion and magic evasion. Started with dread spikes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-07-05 22:00:54  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Did Bastok cause Zone buff thing. Galka NM, killed all 8 circles.

On that topic, did galka NM pop every time you engaged a circle? just had someone tank it while you killed circle im guessing? or sac'd it to the side
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14