Am I Playing Wrong?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Am I playing wrong?
Am I playing wrong?
 Fenrir.Iiana
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-01 14:24:35  
Job versatility helps immensely. Make some goals for yourself. The item database is massive these days but you can still push yourself in the right direction with the right steps. I don't know much about Bahamut as a server, but a server change may help, too if you're truly stuck. Keep at it~
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-09-02 14:49:06  
Just weighing in because I've been there. Took me about a year to get out of that position. Now I run one of the more successful linkshells on the server.

Here's what I did:

1. Level relevant jobs (BLU, WHM, GEO, RDM, PLD in my case)

2. Start gearing those jobs based on guides found here on FFXIAH. You can solo to a decent gear level without problems.

3. Learn how to play those jobs

It might seem nonsensical, but you need to actually learn how to support a party if you're going to play support. Learn all the little idiosyncrasies for each job. You learn this by reading, talking with experienced players, and actually generating the experience yourself.

Last thing is be prepared to put the time in. Chances are you'll get called bad at some point and actual progression comes slowly.

Some players help new/returning players all the time - it's just about making friends and talking to people. You see someone with a badass AG setup idling in town and you play that job? Strike up a conversation.

I personally help new/returning players, all I ask is that they gear a job that will help me eventually lol. WHM is my go-to when asking people because WHM is easy to heal on and is relatively easy to gear.

P.S. Ambu is annoying this month. Only way you're getting into any efficient party is being a really geared COR, RNG, SMN, GEO, or PLD,RUN.
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2018-09-02 21:29:50  
So did you find a linkshell? If not send me a /tell in game and i’ll see if i can get you a pearl to GhostRiders
[+]
By Aramyth 2018-09-04 14:47:47  
aigulfe said: »
Yeah, probly same advice as others... I came back almost 3 years ago as a lvl 75 and it took a while to get to the point where I could contribute. Using a support job to gear itself and others is a good way to go. I was a COR main back in the day and when I came back, being a COR, even a poorly-geared one, got me into a lot of stuff right away. Then I added GEO to that and same thing. Obviously the end goal is to become a complete player and have melee sets, ranged sets, various WS sets, Quick Draw sets on COR... nuking, enfeeling, curing, enhancing etc sets on GEO but even a roll-only COR or bubble-only GEO can provide some value.

Other advice would be to level BLU, gear it decently, learn the relevant spells and hit up salvage for a decent chunk of gil that you can solo easily.

Thanks! I had to create a new character and start over. Sadly, my original character doesn't exist anymore. :(

I'm working on leveling my BRD to do in group content. I was a COR back in the day as well, one of the first 75's on Hades at the time.