Area Not Loading (sometimes)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Area not loading (sometimes)
Area not loading (sometimes)
First Page 2
By Shiroimin 2018-09-18 00:11:54  
I have this issue happen to me occasionally. I will load into an area (mainly happens in Sandy and Qufim), and everything loads except the ground. I also can't move from the spot. If I teleport (warp, home crystal or otherwise), and come back it is still broken. I have to completely close out of PO and come back.

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-18 01:53:16  
Wow, that's super weird. I'd like to think Windower is to blame, but I have no clue. Try playing without windower for a few times and see if you still get it. If you do, then it's not windower. If you don't, it means some Addon is screwing with you. But again, I have no clue and am just spouting ideas.
 Asura.Vienner
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2018-09-18 01:59:35  
First thing to always do is run a filecheck from pol.
By Staleyx 2018-09-18 02:17:54  
That is a new one. I would try what Vienner said, looks like a corrupt file?
By gdiShun 2018-09-18 02:28:31  
Had this issue with an Nvidia 970. Never found a fix. For me, it happened with and without Windower/Ashita/DGVoodoo.

EDIT: It also happened pretty frequently for me. Maybe once every few hours.
By aisukage 2018-09-18 02:30:21  
It's not new. I have had this issue for a year. It doesn't happen often maybe like once a month. When it does happen like you said you have to completely log out. I have seen other friends had this happen to as well. Don't know what causes it but it's not new and my POL has been updated multiple of times since the first time i witnessed this.

Most likely a windower issue i just couldn't tell what causes it.
 Bahamut.Shiroimin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shiroimin
By Bahamut.Shiroimin 2018-09-18 06:34:55  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Wow, that's super weird. I'd like to think Windower is to blame, but I have no clue. Try playing without windower for a few times and see if you still get it. If you do, then it's not windower. If you don't, it means some Addon is screwing with you. But again, I have no clue and am just spouting ideas.
I have tried without any addons loaded and also without Windower completely, and it still happened :(

Asura.Vienner said: »
First thing to always do is run a filecheck from pol.
I have reinstalled my whole computer (fresh install of Windows), and had nothing else on the computer besides the game, and still happened.

The problem is, if it was a corrupt file, then it would happen all the time. It can happen anytime between 3 times an hour to once a day to not at all for 2-3 days :(...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-09-18 07:04:07  
eslim said: »
maybe your CPU and GPU are losing packets and carrying too much latency ? or your GPU/CPU is/has melted a bit..

I can't even with you right now...
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-09-18 07:35:45  
Did you download any of the HD zones?
 Bahamut.Shiroimin
By Bahamut.Shiroimin 2018-09-18 08:04:52  
Cerberus.Drayco said: »
Did you download any of the HD zones?
I did, but I was getting this issue even before I did that.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-09-18 08:08:23  
could be drawdistance too. have you tried messing with your settings in game? config > misc. 2 > clipping plane
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-18 09:04:45  
How old is your system? This looks like it's failing to load the area at all. Dying hardware maybe?
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-09-18 09:25:32  
Failing hardware.... That just magically fails to load background only. Loads everything else just fine, just not background.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-18 09:29:31  
Only happens on one machine, happens after a reinstall, what the *** else is it supposed to be?

Only other thing would be the graphics drivers, which graphics card do you have?

We can't diagnose ***if you only go "well this happens sometimes" and don't provide any details. What version of Windows? What processor? What graphics card? Graphics card driver date?

edit: So it happens with and without windower. It's probably either a) bad hardware or more likely b) bad drivers. So gonna need more info on graphics card. Someone else mentioned an Nvidia 970, I have the same card and have never, ever, seen this.
 Bahamut.Shiroimin
By Bahamut.Shiroimin 2018-09-18 09:42:49  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
could be drawdistance too. have you tried messing with your settings in game? config > misc. 2 > clipping plane
I will try that.

Asura.Suteru said: »
Only happens on one machine, happens after a reinstall, what the *** else is it supposed to be?

Only other thing would be the graphics drivers, which graphics card do you have?

We can't diagnose ***if you only go "well this happens sometimes" and don't provide any details. What version of Windows? What processor? What graphics card? Graphics card driver date?

edit: So it happens with and without windower. It's probably either a) bad hardware or more likely b) bad drivers. So gonna need more info on graphics card. Someone else mentioned an Nvidia 970, I have the same card and have never, ever, seen this.
System is about 4 years old, updated over the years.
By Jetackuu 2018-09-18 09:54:34  
I'd probably remove the older gpu.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-18 10:11:45  
Yep, that is a super weird setup. Try seeing if it happens without the 650, or with only one of the 980s.
 Bahamut.Shiroimin
By Bahamut.Shiroimin 2018-09-18 10:14:31  
The 2x 980 are in SLI and the 650 is for PhysX dedicated. I have tried using just 1 single 980 (taking the rest out and trying both 980 by themself). I have not tried using the 650 by itself though...
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-18 10:16:09  
So it still does it in single 980 mode?
By Jetackuu 2018-09-18 10:16:16  
Fair enough, honestly it sounds like a driver issue.

Have you tried dgvoodoo?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2018-09-18 10:25:59  
I had same problem with a 980 and with/without DGvoodoo. A reformat ended up "fixing" the problem.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-18 10:27:48  
i wanna say it's probably something to do with the FPS difference in your CPUs, 2 of them are 60FPS and 1 of them is 144FPS, if u dont have vertical sync on- it'll just process w/e threw whenever it does, which is probably where the lost packets happen or don't process.

i got an i7 7820HK nvidia1080 at 120fps laptop and if i don't use vertical sync then ffxi tries to process my zoning at 1000fps, which then crashes me.

This is complete nonsense. What are you even trying to say?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-18 10:54:07  
go google vertical sync if you don't understand, would of saved u and me the time.

tf is a helping....

Vertical sync means delivering frames to the monitor to match that monitor's refresh rate: So it only gets a frame each time the monitor refreshes. Without vertical sync, a new frame comes in halfway through the graphics card drawing the last frame, so it begins drawing the new frame mid-refresh cycle, so you get the top part of the monitor showing one frame while the second half showing the other. There's no "packets," which is a term for bits of data traveling through a network, not anything between the GPU and the monitor.

Refresh rates (or as you like to call it, "FPS"), depend entirely on monitor, not CPU/GPU. You can set the actual FPS in Config, which it sounds like you had uncapped, causing problems.

Since it happened without Windower, I don't think having Vertical Sync off made any difference, since the game is capped at 30FPS no matter what.
 Bahamut.Shiroimin
By Bahamut.Shiroimin 2018-09-18 11:03:33  
Asura.Suteru said: »
go google vertical sync if you don't understand, would of saved u and me the time.

tf is a helping....

Vertical sync means delivering frames to the monitor to match that monitor's refresh rate: So it only gets a frame each time the monitor refreshes. Without vertical sync, a new frame comes in halfway through the graphics card drawing the last frame, so it begins drawing the new frame mid-refresh cycle, so you get the top part of the monitor showing one frame while the second half showing the other. There's no "packets," which is a term for bits of data traveling through a network, not anything between the GPU and the monitor.

Refresh rates (or as you like to call it, "FPS"), depend entirely on monitor, not CPU/GPU. You can set the actual FPS in Config, which it sounds like you had uncapped, causing problems.

Since it happened without Windower, I don't think having Vertical Sync off made any difference, since the game is capped at 30FPS no matter what.

More missing information :)

I have tried this on a 1080p 60hz, 1080p 144hz, 4k 60hz, single monitor, dual monitor and triple monitor setup. I have tried older versions of drivers and latest.

Either way, thank you for your replies guys. I will just wait till I purchase the new RTX 2080ti, at that time I will format the computer again and use only that single card.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-09-18 11:25:03  
@OP: You could always throw a second drive in and throw an OS on it and give it a whirl as-is, as you probably have the parts lying around.
First Page 2