What Should I Do With My Ryunohige?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » What should I do with my Ryunohige?
What should I do with my Ryunohige?
First Page 2
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-08 15:02:12  
So I recently came back to the game about 3-4 weeks ago, after being gone since around late 2015 / early 2016. DRG was my main job back then and it's always been my favorite job. But here's my dilemma... since Ryu (which is the only REMA I have for DRG) isn't the top weapon anymore, is it worth it to even invest in upgrading it to 119 Afterglow? Or should I just invest that money into other jobs I play (COR / THF) and upgrading gear, and just focus on Trishula?

I'm already able to access everything to make a Trishula, it's just question of how long it will take.

Would upgrading my Ryu for (50m or so on Asura) be worth it in the meantime?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-10-08 15:14:27  
Just my opinion - if I had mythic for my favorite job already done, I'd bring it to the finish line and build sets around it and just enjoy it.

There are some good Ryu sets here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs

----

Aeonics can be pretty quick to make if you have friends that are familiar with clearing the escha zones and a job that can contribute to T3/T4 reisenjima. You're on Asura so you can always merc a T4 Reis clear if you are able to clear everything else up to that point on your own/with friends/through shout groups, which will run you about the cost of AGing your Ryu.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-08 15:29:14  
I know there's sets that will push it as far as it can go, but that's not necessarily my question. I've looked over Spicy's guide in great detail. The nostalgia of using Ryu is certainly strong as well – I have an attachment to it. I was able to use it for what was the highest tier content at the time and obviously it was extremely expensive (450ish million + 100 or so days of time). It took what felt like forever to make.

It's good to know that mercing tier 4 would only cost about the same as AGing my Ryu. That's certainly a piece to the puzzle. I'm fairly certain I could get tiers 1-3 done.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-08 15:33:35  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
since Ryu (which is the only REMA I have for DRG) isn't the top weapon anymore, is it worth it to even invest in upgrading it to 119 Afterglow?

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
if I had mythic for my favorite job already done, I'd bring it to the finish line and build sets around it and just enjoy it.

^This. I really wish more people had this mindset when it came to playing their favorite job. Just because it's not the "best" weapon doesn't mean it's not unique and can't still dish out the pain to a certain extent. I know many people are really only concerned about highest DPS potential, but mythics are really cool and show a lot of time, effort, and dedication. I hardly see many of them around anymore for certain jobs. 52M is truthfully not a lot of money tbh. Thats a month worth of ambuscade rewards and 3-4 Dynamis wave 1-2 runs, selling your heroism crystals and medals.

Upgrade your weapon and fly high, my friend. And make a trishula if you want. Or make an aeonic for another job, so you have a rema for a few of your jobs finished.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-08 15:41:10  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
^This. I really wish more people had this mindset when it came to playing their favorite job. Just because it's not the "best" weapon doesn't mean it's not unique and can't still dish out the pain to a certain extent.

I can understand that. And I've been a main DRG since back at the 75 days with Gae Bolg and whoring yourself for SH+1, etc. And during that era, most of the time I was asked to come as something else. (WHM)

I'm not going to get rid of my Ryu, I'm just debating whether or not I should spend the money to make it competitive.

You mentioned making another Aeonic or REM for other jobs I play, and that makes sense too. But that's also part of this equation and I should have mentioned it before. I'm already about 8k alex into making my Death Penalty. I also enjoy playing WAR and BLU. 50m gil goes a long way towards other things, while Trishula doesn't cost any money if I could find a good group.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-08 15:57:52  
Death Penalty is an amazing investment, I'd encourage that project because its so utterly powerful when fully upgraded, and beyond...

Trishula is great, I have one. I don't get many opportunities to play DRG, that's for sure. It's a fun job that I started taking breaks on just until I finish some other projects. All I was saying is that you can work on both over time and see what you get.

If you feel like it's not worth the effort, skip it. I did something similar with Masamune: I figured amassing 1500 plaets/cinders/stones was far too much work compared to just doing Doji, and I never looked back. I still have a Lv90 Masamune that's unfinished. Maybe one day I'll finish it one day, it does kind of bug me that I spent all that time and never finished it.

If you're eyeballing Trishula, make it. Wont cost you anything but time. Mythic is a cool trophy piece IMO, i'd use it just because I went through all the trouble of making it. But I can understand cutting your losses at some point and moving on, because I've done the same. You won't be ridiculed if you pick Mythic Lance over Aeonic if you just care about playing a fun *** job.
[+]
 Asura.Suzanoo
user: Suzanoo
By Asura.Suzanoo 2018-10-08 16:50:28  
I have an AG Ryu and I love it! That being said I also do not have Trishula. Trishula is king right now for drgs but believe me when I say that it by no means, means ryu isn't worth finishing. With the right STP afterglow and just a little haste you'll tp so fast (This is only less appleaing now because of the access to all the buffs from geo and cors) my drakesbanes can do 20-30k and my gear is by no means perfect and with camlann's torment you can camlanns-drakes-camlanns for back to back light skillchains. Trust me you wont be disappointed with Ryu and it'll be a fun piece to have til you can get trishula.
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-08 18:17:26  
Finish it, play with it, and rock it proudly.

Each of the 4 DRG REMA is viable and has their own personality and play style. And the newest upgrades (20% more Ryu dmg, WSD impacting multihit ws)actually bump Ryu up the dps foodchain some. While there are differences in spreadsheet results, the fact is if build your sets around the weapon you can do plenty of dps in all content regardless of which weapon you are using. It's a game, meant to be fun. If you like it and it works (which it does) go for it. You can do your job (dps) reliably with any of the 4 weapons as long as you give all of your gearsets the tlc they deserve.
[+]
By Tehdoze 2018-10-08 19:26:12  
just drop it
[+]
 Asura.Tonn
user: Tonn
By Asura.Tonn 2018-10-11 11:36:47  
BRB TRYING TO LOGIN, TEAM 7 is back??
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-11 12:44:54  
Asura.Tonn said: »
BRB TRYING TO LOGIN, TEAM 7 is back??

I'm certainly back!

Would love for you to join me man
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2018-10-16 15:11:27  
I see DRKs reporting Liberator doing great dmg with Insurgency. Maybe DRG can do some insane numbers with Ryunohige and Drakesbane, using WSD gears?
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2018-10-16 15:27:16  
You're in a similar boat I was in when I came back to the game. I would finish Ryuno and pick up Trishula. Trishula will cover you in most situations. If you have any interest in Geo or Run, start your coalitions as soon as possible.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-16 18:13:38  
If the WS attached to the Weapon itself has "Damage Varies with TP" or similar then it's worth the investment.

At least that's how it's going for the moment.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-10-16 20:26:12  
I dropped mine four years ago and never looked back.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2018-10-16 22:58:47  
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-17 00:28:06  
Ryu's pretty legit.

Trishula's a monster, but Ryu's no slouch anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-10-17 09:08:41  
So I recently came back to the game about 3-4 weeks ago, after being gone since around late 2015 / early 2016. DRG was my main job back then and it's always been my favorite job. But here's my dilemma... since Ryu (which is the only REMA I have for DRG) isn't the top weapon anymore, is it worth it to even invest in upgrading it to 119 Afterglow? Or should I just invest that money into other jobs I play (COR / THF) and upgrading gear, and just focus on Trishula?

I'm already able to access everything to make a Trishula, it's just question of how long it will take.

Would upgrading my Ryu for (50m or so on Asura) be worth it in the meantime?

Donate it to the Salvation Army it will help keep Old Man Winter at bay.
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-10-22 11:45:21  
Quote:

It looks rad on a Mannequin.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-22 12:05:02  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Quote:

It looks rad on a Mannequin.

It does indeed

I'm going to AG it though. After playing for the past two months it's pretty obvious that making gil is the easiest aspect of this game right now. 50-60m to make it a useful weapon again is fine.
[+]
 Asura.Iiana
By Asura.Iiana 2018-10-22 13:07:35  
/toss
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-22 13:30:42  
I know people are joking but still....I wouldn't toss if I were OP, lol. REMA hierarchy changes all the time every update. If 2 years later mythic become BiS again it would be PITA to make a new one.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-10-22 14:23:01  
Yeah, I mean didn't a recent interview state that the developers were looking into balancing REMA weapons further? Ryuno would be good if it was just updated to have more reasonable DMG, Drakesbane damage was buffed further (attack penalty dropped plz) and maybe some kind of augment to -ALL- Jumps. But yeah also another issue is how much OA2-3 is de-valued with all the free DA we get from gear and gifts and how powerful ultimate skillchains are. Nothing will ever be as fun as WS spam during Ryuno heyday era. I remember being nearly on par with RagnaWARs and RagnaDRKs in Legion with it. Good times.
By Odinz 2018-10-22 15:05:35  
Staying on topic.

/toss it and lvl SMN.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2018-10-22 16:39:32  
Lol @ the idiots saying toss it. So what if it's not best weapon for DRG, it's a close second to aeonic. Mythics are still really fun to play with. #TeamBuukki. Wrapped.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-22 16:54:43  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Lol @ the idiots saying toss it. So what if it's not best weapon for DRG, it's a close second to aeonic. Mythics are still really fun to play with. #TeamBuukki. Wrapped.

Nah, you're wrong about that. It's about 15% behind aeonic. I'm constantly parsing against a mythic drg and win by 15% every single time.

Your one job as a DD is to put out good DD. Mythic is a terrible weapon for DRG to choose to do that.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-22 17:06:47  
well, your one job is to *** stay alive. Putting up numbers is secondary to that.

Obviously don't drop it for real you're only one random update away from Square making it the absolute best weapon in the game again on a whim.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-10-22 17:07:19  
15%? Because you parsed against a guy a few times. He using the same gear and lua? No one test the actual difference between the two?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-22 17:19:20  
Sim project it being closer to 4% behind, assuming perfect play and without Jumps, WSDMG change/bug, and Fly High being a factor.

Once those are taken into account, Ryu should gain a pretty good amount of DPS relative to the others.
[+]
First Page 2