What Kind Of FFXI Youtube Content Interests You?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?
What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-10 00:54:52  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
To be completely honest, though, FFXI should have had a Youtube Presence/Podcast something like 5-8 years ago. I remember talking to my brother about the idea of having a monthly show (Kind of like how the FGC has "Wakeup Shoryuken") where people from the community are invited on to the discussions and such. Talk about updates, things in the game, etc.

There was somehing like this years ago. If I remember correctly, there was a podcast called "Limit Break Radio" and they actually did invite real players on to talk about FFXI stuff. It might have been back when the FFXI forums on Allakhazam was still a thing. I distinctly remember listening to it a few times, but we're also talking about the late 2000's and podcasting was practically the wild west back then.

On a side note: I would love to see a video series where someone showcased the different server's communities. And by that I mean the actually good parts of them. Hang out, do content with, and talked to some of the more noteable(?) players that post here on the forums. Maybe shine a light on some servers that more than likely have room to spare for a few extra players.
By Afania 2018-10-10 01:15:58  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

On a side note: I would love to see a video series where someone showcased the different server's communities. And by that I mean the actually good parts of them. Hang out, do content with, and talked to some of the more noteable(?) players that post here on the forums. Maybe shine a light on some servers that more than likely have room to spare for a few extra players.

That's twitch.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-10 01:20:48  
Yes. I was trying not to say it, but yes, Twitch. Anyone who watches the FFXI streams on there already knows some of the more watched channels.
 Cerberus.Genoside
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-11 05:02:09  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Ok this is my first steps of my Customizing before I buy. I am customizing my logo now in adobe and rendering it to be 3d and to say my Channel Name, what do you think of the opening music and pol viewer type style intro? Feedback is great it helps me in the long run. Channels name will be Dead Plays Games, I will be posting games like, Final fantasy 11, Scrap mechanic, Ark, ffxiv, upcoming new games, all with their own intro and a majority of my videos will be talking about every job in final fantasy 11, when I first played them my first time unlocking them, and my favorite past times of the job. Also Job guides, which will be collaboration of all the guides I have read and then my own spin. Sorry for the long run on sentences but I am hunkering down and getting this up and running as soon as possible.
Any current tubers that can offer advice that would be great too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-11 06:46:00  
Eiryl,

players copying only 1 strategy is because they are players who will not strategize themselves. That will not change.

They will just nag other ppl to get them a strategy and use that one exclusively.

I try to work a pet strategy out of pretty much any fight no matter what. I like playing pet style.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-11 07:02:59  
Don't really have the time/personal presence to have a successful Twitch/Youtube channel. I think that's a problem a lot of people have.

Besides that, just watching someone's omen farm runs or ambu isn't all that entertaining though is it? Unless they're really carrying the programming by being interesting.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-11 07:08:53  
Quote:
What kind of FFXI Youtube content interests you?

Basically what Ruau's been doing.

Demonstrated expertise + knowledge dropping + out of the box thinking + that smooth as silk Cumberbatch voiceover.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 07:10:03  
Imo, to make things worse, the "popular" ffxi youtubers that we did have, have all moved onto other mmorpgs or quit. Heck, look at Mr. Happy's Omen video he did a lil' while ago. Look at all the views lol. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCGCP_zDLI

Another example is how ffxi OST became popular through Minecraft Diaries: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1rlHgJLdsFA&list=PLgQ8_aElQmkjwG-kvpbw2Fh4cTtQ_iKZL&t=0s&index=2

Go to 13:10 ^

Unless ffxi gets a shout out from a popular YouTuber, it is unlikely someone will get a lot of views posting ffxi content. Making people reluctant to make videos for it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-11 07:21:57  
From an active player point of view, I'd say that what we are missing in term of youtube content would be something as trivial as an "update summary" (since the updates are small, it's rather easy to cover them, see this as something similar to a champion spotlight on LoL), something like "breaking news" where stuff like the WSD bug would be explained and easily shared with the community (in the most objective way possible), that's all I can think of right now.

As a non player/freshly returned player, guides about "FFXI nowadays" would be extremely useful as this information is scattered across Discord, various unrelated topics on various forums, BG/clopedia wiki comments/guides or are completely missing.

The videos like the ones mentioned above (hunting4games and people of the same style), I watch them maybe 1 minute and then never open any of their videos ever again. I can see the appeal to people who don't play and are nostalgic, I can see the appeal for a new player but I really don't understand their point as a general FFXI player. So, to each their own, but maybe this niche is already taken and other more informative videos could be made instead.

I have absolutely no clue how to edit videos properly but if I could, I'd focus on making guides for returning players so they can catch up while focusing on the stuff that actually matters in regard to their specific situation. That's I think the #1 thing the community is missing, seeing how people are still as misinformed as ever despite certain efforts (BG guides, centralizing information is the most important thing) and how a lot are still not informed at all.

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Imo, to make things worse, the "popular" ffxi youtubers that we did have, have all moved onto other mmorpgs or quit. Heck, look at Mr. Happy's Omen video he did a lil' while ago. Look at all the views lol. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCGCP_zDLI
In all honesty, Mrhappy and his content is one of the few examples of things we should really strive not to replicate/do.

FFXI is the kind of game where, if you make videos, you're either targeting existing players or people who used to play. There is no third category, even if Bjergsen or Ninja start playing FFXI intensively tomorrow, the game will never have a rebirth from it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 07:26:33  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
From an active player point of view, I'd say that what we are missing in term of youtube content would be something as trivial as an "update summary" (since the updates are small, it's rather easy to cover them, see this as something similar to a champion spotlight on LoL), something like "breaking news" where stuff like the WSD bug would be explained and easily shared with the community (in the most objective way possible), that's all I can think of right now.

That's actually an interesting idea. Hmm, yeah even just a very quick review showing the changes on a monthly basis would work. I don't think it would need to have the Ambuscade strats or anything either lol.

The only issue I could see with this is that you would bacially be rehashing the update notes as released by SE. I mean, unless you managed to figure out the battle strategies to content in a rather brief period of time lol.
By Justuas 2018-10-11 07:54:45  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Is there any FFXI Youtube content other than Ruau?

Oh and I guess Huntin4Games or whatever, who called THF one of the worst jobs in modern FFXI, making him irrelevant.
Don't be so harsh. You know he doesn't know the current state of the jobs.
By Justuas 2018-10-11 08:00:07  

Best ffxi Youtube content creator right here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-11 08:03:40  

That's actually an interesting idea. Hmm, yeah even just a very quick review showing the changes on a monthly basis would work. I don't think it would need to have the Ambuscade strats or anything either lol.

The only issue I could see with this is that you would bacially be rehashing the update notes as released by SE. I mean, unless you managed to figure out the battle strategies to content in a rather brief period of time lol.
It would essentially be a video version of the patch notes, yeah. The problem with the patch notes is that they sometimes leave us with questions, so having it in video format would allow to 1) list those questions and 2) why not answer them right away (this would require a certain knowledge).
But the point would also to put the patch notes into perspective: what those this or that change mean exactly? Where are we headed? Even if there is barely any change, it's still interesting I'd say.

The last couple Dynamis updates were interesting.

Regarding the Ambuscade of the month, I think it's borderline "needed". I see people spewing ***like "PUP is needed" (when it's merely much more convenient), whatever, there is way too much *** being thrown left and right every month about Ambuscade and I don't even play on Asura, I guess it's even worse there.
The monthly thread on here is either read half assedly or seen as the holy bible, there is absolutely no place for nuance and the fact that it's several pages long mean nobody will read the nuanced posts.

It would be R E A L L Y helpful to 1) simply explain the VD Vol 2 strategy (this goes hand in hand with the "knowing who you are talking to" I explained above) so people know and 2) explain Vol 1 N and D/VD strategies or, if we don't have a specific strategy, at least share the minimum knowledge we have at this point.

I think people tend to dismiss certain categories of players and certain event as "not worth mentioning/thinking about" and that is precisely why we have people still misinformed, not informed or completely left in the dark and not renewing their sub at the end of the month.
The same way, certain aspects of the game are given an importance that is completely exaggerated and isn't helping the person in need of help at all (prime example are JPs). I think it would be REALLY helpful to explain the nuance of "need" versus "NEED" for every job.

I'm sure other players have their own list of little things they encounter frequently and that could be addressed. But there is definitely an audience for this kind of stuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 08:08:38  

It would essentially be a video version of the patch notes, yeah. The problem with the patch notes is that they sometimes leave us with questions, so having it in video format would allow to 1) list those questions and 2) why not answer them right away (this would require a certain knowledge).
But the point would also to put the patch notes into perspective: what those this or that change mean exactly? Where are we headed? Even if there is barely any change, it's still interesting I'd say.

Regarding the Ambuscade of the month, I think it's borderline "needed". I see people spewing ***like "PUP is needed" (when it's merely much more convenient), whatever, there is way too much *** being thrown left and right every month about Ambuscade and I don't even play on Asura, I guess it's even worse there.
The monthly thread on here is either read half assedly or seen as the holy bible, there is absolutely no place for nuance and the fact that it's several pages long mean nobody will read the nuanced posts.

It would be R E A L L Y helpful to 1) simply explain the VD Vol 2 strategy (this goes hand in hand with the "knowing who you are talking to" I explained above) so people know and 2) explain Vol 1 N and D/VD strategies or, if we don't have a specific strategy, at least share the minimum knowledge we have at this point.

I think people tend to dismiss certain categories of players and certain event as "not worth mentioning/thinking about" and that is precisely why we have people still misinformed, not informed or completely left in the dark and not renewing their sub at the end of the month.
The same way, certain aspects of the game are given an importance that is completely exaggerated and isn't helping the person in need of help at all (prime example are JPs). I think it would be REALLY helpful to explain the nuance of "need" versus "NEED" for every job.

I'm sure other players have their own list of little things they encounter frequently and that could be addressed. But there is definitely an audience for this kind of stuff.

Hmmm, I'm trying to think of a realistic means to publish such a video in a timely manner. Like, taking this month's "update". It would be very easy to simply show the changes to SR, Vagary, and Ergon AG.
But publishing the established strat to ambuscade immediately would be rather difficult since a lot of the time the "best strat" is decided weeks into the month lol. Even if you ignore ffxiah's strats, like I do most of the time, people tend to follow multiple different method based on their friend's jobs. So I suppose a "possible method" could be presented, but it would need to be taken with a grain of salt haha. Meh, i'm probably over thinking this.
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-11 08:14:15  
Justuas said: »

Oh and I guess Huntin4Games or whatever, who called THF one of the worst jobs in modern FFXI, making him irrelevant.

There's also Cloudchief Arcade. His content is pretty decent / relevant for 2018. 130 FFXI videos
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 08:16:44  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Justuas said: »

There's also Cloudchief Arcade. His content is pretty decent / relevant for 2018. 130 FFXI videos

I've been rather impressed with Cloud's devotion to publishing on a rather consistent basis. His videos have helped a lot of people for sure, including myself. <3
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2018-10-11 08:40:26  
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 08:44:15  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »

Well, he's better at Drg then I was when I started lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-11 08:45:42  
Best youtube video of ffxi; imo.

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-11 09:42:08  

Hmmm, I'm trying to think of a realistic means to publish such a video in a timely manner. Like, taking this month's "update". It would be very easy to simply show the changes to SR, Vagary, and Ergon AG.
But publishing the established strat to ambuscade immediately would be rather difficult since a lot of the time the "best strat" is decided weeks into the month lol. Even if you ignore ffxiah's strats, like I do most of the time, people tend to follow multiple different method based on their friend's jobs. So I suppose a "possible method" could be presented, but it would need to be taken with a grain of salt haha. Meh, i'm probably over thinking this.
You can split them.

First you release an update video which will place the context, then, if needed/relevant, you release videos about specific elements.

This way, you could keep a monthly activity that would both follow the life of the game and, if you have time/want to do that too, you could tackle some older points that will help returning players.
By Foxfire 2018-10-11 10:36:03  
ah yes pwnsalot

the guy who adds a comment in his video that reads:

Quote:
and one last thing. it's very important that you realize spicyryan doesn't have anything constructive to say. much like most ff11 players, people who don't create youtube content but do know a thing or two about the game like to (for whatever reason) bash on streamers/youtubers who know JUST AS MUCH about the game - saying things like "all this information is wrong etc etc" you people need to know i'm a pro at this game. anyone in the comments section talking ***about a video that i still have posted is clearly being ridiculous. if my video is still posted, that means i didn't take it down because it's *** right. i'm a boss. that is all.

claims to know "just as much" as other players, yet has 2hrs worth of wrong information

but we can't complain because he made youtube content

he's like butch hartman, only dumber and poorer
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-11 10:50:21  
Let's Play videos are always nice too, but youtubers need to be cognizant of how long their videos are. I tried to watch a let's play of FFXI the other day and it was like 6 hours long. Break that up into 10-20 minute videos, edit the content. Only use longer videos to show content that actually takes you a long time. No reason to show 4 hours of video with 1 hour of content and 3 hours of messing around in town / shouting / farming / talking to twitch followers.

If done right, FFXI Let's Play videos could be really good.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-11 11:02:49  
Those "Let's Play" videos are some of the most boring ***i've ever seen. For rare nostalgia, I might occasionally go back and watch a Mystaria: Realms of Lore or Final Fantasy Tactics "Let's Play". Sometimes a Syphon filter or whatever, but the current 'in' games let's play have always been super boring and I could get the same thing from watching a live stream.

Man, I think there needs to be something innovative and interesting. But since many of the "elite" players are all on ego trips, they'd never collaborate and work together on anything that would be entertaining, so you have a bunch of "HEY ERRYBODY IT'S ME AGAIN BACK WITH ANOTHER FFXI VIDEO ON HOW TO TANK CARGO CRAB COLIN" clout chasing videos that aren't even relevant.

Like I said, there's maybe 2 people who have made good videos with music/dialogue that I found really well put together (please watch Rua's Puppetmaster Video; it's unbelievable).
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-11 11:07:06  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Those "Let's Play" videos are some of the most boring ***i've ever seen. For rare nostalgia, I might occasionally go back and watch a Mystaria: Realms of Lore or Final Fantasy Tactics "Let's Play". Sometimes a Syphon filter or whatever, but the current 'in' games let's play have always been super boring and I could get the same thing from watching a live stream.

Man, I think there needs to be something innovative and interesting. But since many of the "elite" players are all on ego trips, they'd never collaborate and work together on anything that would be entertaining, so you have a bunch of "HEY ERRYBODY IT'S ME AGAIN BACK WITH ANOTHER FFXI VIDEO ON HOW TO TANK CARGO CRAB COLIN" clout chasing videos that aren't even relevant.

Like I said, there's maybe 2 people who have made good videos with music/dialogue that I found really well put together (please watch Rua's Puppetmaster Video; it's unbelievable).

That's kind of what i'm saying. Let's play videos can be good but they have to be done correctly. A well made let's play series is worth watching. A long, drawn-out, boring one is not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-11 11:24:39  
There is no transparency for the FFXI community. The "Hush Hush" mentality is prevalent. If you go to fighting game videos, there are people breaking down how to perform unblockable setups, 1-frame links, most damaging combos etc. for RPG videos, people go into detail breaking down secrets and interesting tricks and tips that the average player might not know of. It's different for FFXI community. Where I may know of very workable strategies to solo fights or content, your average/returning player might not know how far and to what limits you can take a job. Everyone who plays a job is just assumed to know "Job can do this. This job is a weak dps. This job rocks resolution spam" etc. Nobody is breaking down barriers to educate anyone, and all of this "elite" knowledge is, more often than not, latent.

Examples:

- There are people to this day who still are shocked that Monk and NIN can be very good for specific things, despite not having resolution. NIN can outdps mages in CP MB setups. Your average player is mindfucked with this simple concept.

- There are people to this very day who are shocked that literally every job can effectively solo omen cards. I had to break this down, word for word, to someone recently and explain exactly what to do here. You don't have to wait for an omen farming shout.

- There are people who don't realize the limits a high level player can take a job (any job) because they have not "seen" it. And then, when someone "average" dares to make a video about it, all those previosuly missing high level players immediately appear like candyman, and hop in the forums talking about "who cares if MNK can beat Kin in 4 minutes" "so what, what's the point of this" "we already knew this was possible 3 years ago". Literally every time there's a discussion about something and a video made to showcase it, this is what you will find.

Is it any wonder why nobody cares to make videos like this anymore? The people who could probably make the best ones end up tearing each other down. Cuz egos and ***.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-10-11 11:26:07  
because not everyone wants to sink that kind of amount of time and gil into NIN when they can half-*** blm and still be good in a cpmb group
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-11 11:38:21  
That's...not the point? It was an example of a not-known trick that might be helpful to others, and would break down a lot of perception and misconceptions about what does/doesn't work, to your average player from a higher level player. There are others I just didn't list.

Funny, people complain about that very thing with Rua's videos only giving one strategy that everyone copies and tunes out any other possible strategy. The people making videos aren't hindered by time/gil. It's the information that is not being shared widely.

(That's part of the misconception right there, that it actually costs a lot of time/money to build a set. Even a half-assed NIN can compete with a half-assed BLM in CPMB groups if you can read and gather basic gear that says "Magic Attack Bonus". Most of the gear is acquired from other jobs anyways.)
[+]