Choose-your-boss Sinister Reign

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Choose-your-boss Sinister Reign
Choose-your-boss Sinister Reign
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5570
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-12 16:09:04  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Martel's numbers (13/136) put it at 9.56% with a 95% confidence interval of 5.19%~15.79%.
13 decanters isn't nearly enough to make any sort of guess at the rate of armor and rate of max augment on said armor from decanters though. The rate of decanters dropping being in that range is dismal, but the difference between 7% and 13% is colossal and we have essentially no idea on the rates of armor from decanters.

(I'm sure you know all of this, just saying it anyway in hopes that people don't run away using your confidence intervals to back up the negativity.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Online
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
Posts: 1139
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-12 16:49:56  
Yeah, for sure. I stated it earlier but nobody really knows the augment distribution properties of the existing fight either. An eyeballed max value rate of 10% was thrown out there at some point but never verified. We only really care about the max anyways (so maybe worrying about the exact kind of distribution properties isn't that concerning). Verifying the existing max drop rate wouldn't be too unreasonable. A group of 6 players gets somewhere around 15~? samples per run. 200 samples is only like 13~14 runs.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1715
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-10-12 17:26:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is this a party of 6 Dabackpack? You're saying it takes 3 minutes to kill one monster with 6 people, and 7 minutes to kill 3 monsters with the same group? I killed Ingrid in 1:30~2min solo on MNK after casting trusts and engaging right away, without buffs (besides trust ***). Can't see a 6-person fight taking 3min to clear it, that seems high.

It's a full end-to-end run --- getting KI, entering, loading screen, buff (maybe), fight, loading screen, talk to Balamor for item, get KI, repeat (which actually takes longer if you're with a party)

That takes around 3 minutes even with a party

The fight by itself only really take 1-2 minutes depending on party size.

EDIT: This additional overhead of waiting, loading screens, etc factors into whether one method or the other is faster. With the individual routes, you have effectively three times more "waiting" times (i.e. most of your time isn't actually fighting the boss), whereas most of your time with the full run is actual fighting.

The full run is better even for targeted drops imo.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
Posts: 233
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-13 12:08:33  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is this a party of 6 Dabackpack? You're saying it takes 3 minutes to kill one monster with 6 people, and 7 minutes to kill 3 monsters with the same group? I killed Ingrid in 1:30~2min solo on MNK after casting trusts and engaging right away, without buffs (besides trust ***). Can't see a 6-person fight taking 3min to clear it, that seems high.

It's a full end-to-end run --- getting KI, entering, loading screen, buff (maybe), fight, loading screen, talk to Balamor for item, get KI, repeat (which actually takes longer if you're with a party)

That takes around 3 minutes even with a party

The fight by itself only really take 1-2 minutes depending on party size.

EDIT: This additional overhead of waiting, loading screens, etc factors into whether one method or the other is faster. With the individual routes, you have effectively three times more "waiting" times (i.e. most of your time isn't actually fighting the boss), whereas most of your time with the full run is actual fighting.

The full run is better even for targeted drops imo.

I have come to believe that the original method is better as well. It takes 3 minutes for a normal 3-boss run and less than a minute for a targeted boss run (for the same party). The problems with targeted runs are the time it takes to zone in and out and the delay between selecting a run and actually being take in. I cannot even I imagine the congestion on Asura given that it sometimes takes forever to zone in on a low population server with no one else even in zone.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3235
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-13 14:55:53  
Yeah this was such a poor update to SR that I think the only way SE will get the message is if people stop doing it. Clearly they wanted more people doing this content, but if the activity stays roughly the same (than before update) they might .. just get the hint.

I'd very much like a perfect Samnuha Tights, but I can't be arsed getting a party together to spam it. The solo method could've been nicer, as I would've slowly picked away at it for a week or two til I got it. I'd rather get a group together to do dyna-d, omen or geas fete then spam original SR for the very slim chance of perfect augs on gears I still need them on.
 Sylph.Darkside
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
Posts: 216
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-19 09:50:05  
Yeah. So I am curious if anyone else has had this experience. So a multi boxing buddy and myself have done probably close to 15 runs just picking away at this to get Max Augments and literally only 1 character has gotten any drops from this new way. 5 characters are 0/15 while the whm is like 3 or 4/15.

Anyone else have weird ones like that? maybe I should be curing myself? lol
 Asura.Sirtaint
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
Posts: 109
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-19 10:21:44  
I’m 0/31 since I’ve been counting and i did 10ish on top of that.

Just to be clear you kill the mob and the item drops after he fades away and then you get the 6 minute message?

I disliked the old SR but this “new”
Method is straight garbage.
 Shiva.Francisco
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
Posts: 342
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-10-19 11:49:39  
Drop rate is really weird on this.

Went 0 for 21, then followed that up by going 8 for 12. No TH or strategy change, except maybe changing one or two trusts.

Of my 8 drops, three have been identically augmented samnuha tights: STR+9 DEX+8 DA+2 TA+2
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
Posts: 216
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-19 13:26:44  
Asura.Sirtaint said: »
I’m 0/31 since I’ve been counting and i did 10ish on top of that.

Just to be clear you kill the mob and the item drops after he fades away and then you get the 6 minute message?

I disliked the old SR but this “new”
Method is straight garbage.
None of my characters have ever gotten a drop buy my buddy's whm is the only one that did and yes it does just go into your personal pool after the mob fades and get 6min message from what he told me.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4758
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-19 14:10:22  
Shiva.Francisco said: »
Drop rate is really weird on this.

Went 0 for 21, then followed that up by going 8 for 12. No TH or strategy change, except maybe changing one or two trusts.

Of my 8 drops, three have been identically augmented samnuha tights: STR+9 DEX+8 DA+2 TA+2

What if the trick to the drop rate was to summon the Boss you intend on fighting (Ingrid trust during Ingrid)? Can we get Mythbusters SR edition 2.0 on the case?
 Sylph.Darkside
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
Posts: 216
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-19 14:30:55  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shiva.Francisco said: »
Drop rate is really weird on this.

Went 0 for 21, then followed that up by going 8 for 12. No TH or strategy change, except maybe changing one or two trusts.

Of my 8 drops, three have been identically augmented samnuha tights: STR+9 DEX+8 DA+2 TA+2

What if the trick to the drop rate was to summon the Boss you intend on fighting (Ingrid trust during Ingrid)? Can we get Mythbusters SR edition 2.0 on the case?
At this point I am willing to dance naked in Lion Springs Tavern for some Max Augment Samnuha Tights. But lets do mythbusters first. Nobody wants to see my dancin... yikes
 Cerberus.Boogs
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
Posts: 233
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-20 12:56:00  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
1/18 finally got a decanter. Samnuha tights: STR+5, DEX+7, T.A.+1%

Utter garbage.

Wasted some more time on this over a few days (because I got annoyed at the drop rate)... did an additional 20 runs with 0 decanters. That puts me at 1/38.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Offline
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
Posts: 9236
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-20 13:11:16  
Some of these have to be exaggerated. The longest streak I've gone without a decanter is 9 and I've dumped millions of bayld into soloing it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-20 13:37:06  
From all the posts, it seems like only one person(maybe two at most) gets a decanter, no matter how big the party is.

It would make sense to have a "good" drop rate solo. while people are going 1/30 in parties.

Or random being random. 10/10 0/1000 no difference.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
Posts: 233
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-20 19:51:13  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Some of these have to be exaggerated. The longest streak I've gone without a decanter is 9 and I've dumped millions of bayld into soloing it.

What I would give for you to be right. My second streak of 20 being empty handed was done solo with trusts. These reports do seem extraordinary because they are. Why else would we report them unless they were out of the ordinary?
 Ramuh.Austar
Offline
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
Posts: 9236
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-20 19:52:48  
same reason people would say they were 0/30 on argus

and i’m not saying a bad luck streak isn’t possible, just think a lot of these claims are a bit exaggerated
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 616
By Nyarlko 2018-12-07 13:48:23  
Normal SR drops have 5x set augments IIRC. I haven't popped a ton of decanters yet so far, since drop rate sucks to begin with, but have yet to get the bottom 2 tiers of augs for any of the armor pieces that I've seen so far out of the 12x that I've opened.

Can anyone confirm that they've gotten the truly bottom rank augs out of a decanter?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 423
By Felgarr 2019-01-18 12:32:54  
I did about 50-60 runs against Ingrid and saw roughly the top 3-4 augments in items that Ingrid is allowed to drop. That bottom 4th (or is it 5th augment? I dunno) is pretty sad. Also, if you try to hold onto a Cipher: Ingrid to prevent yourself from getting one when using a Decanter, you'll get a whopping 1,000 gil.

This is such a joke. :/
 Asura.Meliorah
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
Posts: 145
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-01-18 13:09:26  
Pretty sure it was agree'd day 1 that it's a ***system not worth the 5k bayld to fight 1 thing and get nothing in return for clearing it. At least with OG SR you can get 1k Bayld back .. :)
Offline
Posts: 2055
By Taint 2019-01-18 14:06:19  
I’ve been using it to test DPS, SCs and trying to beat my own times.

Drop rate is complete garbage and really hurts what could be a fun addition to SR. I’ve done 160ish runs and haven’t gotten a single capped item.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3235
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-18 14:20:41  
Much like Taint and I said before, this "choose your boss" version of Sinister Reign is so disappointing you're better off not using it. The less people use it, the more likely SE might figure out why no one's using it. And it's a shame .. as I'd farm for a couple of pieces if the drop rate wasn't so incredibly, mind-numbingly terrible. Avoid at all costs. Reach out to people and wreck the normal version instead.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: SNK
Posts: 83
By Sylph.Snk 2019-01-27 17:58:59  
This new version of SR is just *** awful. Why would anyone would do this is beyond me.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 5502
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-28 01:51:00  
If you need multiple drops from a single boss and NOTHING from ANY OTHER BOSS I think that it can be slightly better/faster than doing default SR.
Granted you'd probably spend more Bayld but when you want something that bad probably you're at the point where you don't care about Bayld anymore.

Personally I only need things from Teodor, I'd be glad to spam it like there's no tomorrow but I need to find a friend or two. With my jobs I can solo Teodor fine but it takes a bit too much to make it efficient. With a couple of friends it would go down in seconds, literally, making the process faster.


...I also haven't bothered because the chances of finally obtaining perf Samnua Coat/Tights are so low it doesn't exactely help in "motivating" me, so to say.
 Asura.Cambion
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
Posts: 314
By Asura.Cambion 2019-01-28 02:17:37  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Personally I only need things from Teodor, I'd be glad to spam it like there's no tomorrow but I need to find a friend or two.

I need to farm Bayld, but I could be your friend for this.
[+]