PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)
PUP Gearswap (Testers Needed)
 Phoenix.Latravant
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Latravant
By Phoenix.Latravant 2019-02-28 06:15:56  
never mind i figure out whats wrong with my problem. nothing lol, i just misunderstood the lua.
By Arrchie 2019-03-01 14:34:03  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Couple things I noticed while playing with it

When using Valoredge head and body it seems to always want to default to TANK even after I've set it to DD spec it'll switch back most often after a weaponskill, even defaulting to Master only doesn't fix this issue. This is also without having any actual tanking attachments on.

Is there a way to turn off mode prediction? I was looking through the commands and I see Alt+F6 but it seemed more like it was forcing an update to the prediction so I assume it's not meant to turn it on/off.

Without kiting mode on it seems to often forget to equip my hermes sandals, even though it's in my idle sets, not too hard to work around but definitely annoying if I forget to set it in town.

Hmmm, I'll definitely check into where this might be resetting you.

Currently, the prediction is called when:
  • F12 to force a refresh of gear and predictions

• When activating

• When using Deus Ex

• Changing Sub job

• Deus Ex Automata

• //gs c predict

• Alt-F6

Besides those, we tried to keep using the prediction as little as possible to prevent this from happening while fighting. The fact it's resetting you after you a weapon skill is quite odd. We do no predictions around that area.

That's also strange about the hermes sandals being in the idle sets and it not equipping. There are also different idle sets based if puppet is out or not. It would be easiest for me to see your gearswap to double check a few items. I haven't had this issue yet, maybe a bit harder to recreate.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-01 14:40:29  
Arrchie said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Couple things I noticed while playing with it

When using Valoredge head and body it seems to always want to default to TANK even after I've set it to DD spec it'll switch back most often after a weaponskill, even defaulting to Master only doesn't fix this issue. This is also without having any actual tanking attachments on.

Is there a way to turn off mode prediction? I was looking through the commands and I see Alt+F6 but it seemed more like it was forcing an update to the prediction so I assume it's not meant to turn it on/off.

Without kiting mode on it seems to often forget to equip my hermes sandals, even though it's in my idle sets, not too hard to work around but definitely annoying if I forget to set it in town.

Hmmm, I'll definitely check into where this might be resetting you.

Currently, the prediction is called when:
  • F12 to force a refresh of gear and predictions

• When activating

• When using Deus Ex

• Changing Sub job

• Deus Ex Automata

• //gs c predict

• Alt-F6

Besides those, we tried to keep using the prediction as little as possible to prevent this from happening while fighting. The fact it's resetting you after you a weapon skill is quite odd. We do no predictions around that area.

That's also strange about the hermes sandals being in the idle sets and it not equipping. There are also different idle sets based if puppet is out or not. It would be easiest for me to see your gearswap to double check a few items. I haven't had this issue yet, maybe a bit harder to recreate.
I'll take a look through my gearswap again when I get home from work just to make sure I didn't miss something.

Does it recalculate frame/head even if Activate isn't actually used, as in if you already have a pet summoned? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm hitting something by accident. Actually I think this is exactly what's happening, completely makes sense based on previous gearswaps.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-01 19:09:40  

All my Idle sets aside from puppet engaged look to be setup with hermes. I'm sure there's probably something I'm missing.
By Arrchie 2019-03-02 18:12:12  
One item I noticed was

sets.idle.Town has feet="Hermes' Sandals"

while the other sets have feet="Hermes Sandles"

Does the ' need to be in both? Or removed?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-02 21:19:53  
Arrchie said: »
One item I noticed was

sets.idle.Town has feet="Hermes' Sandals"

while the other sets have feet="Hermes Sandles"

Does the ' need to be in both? Or removed?
That's probably it, along with the even simpler issue that you also pointed out... Sandles intead of sandals... *facepalm*

I'm going back into my hole.

Thanks for the help!
By Pholo 2019-03-08 14:39:20  
Thank you for this excellent lua.

Is there any way for defense sets to prevail over pet.engaged sets while master is not engaged and pet is engaged?
By Arrchie 2019-03-11 08:53:25  
Pholo said: »
Thank you for this excellent lua.

Is there any way for defense sets to prevail over pet.engaged sets while master is not engaged and pet is engaged?

If you are wanting Pet Defensive sets, then you would change your Hybrid Mode (CTRL+F9 to cycle) to DT which would activate sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.DT (which means you are idle and your pet is engaged). If you see a move by a mob you know you want to be in a pet defensive set then (ALT+D) will activate the emergency set for your pet which is sets.pet.EmergencyDT. When ALT+D is active it will block all gear swapping till you deactivate with ALT+D again. You can also use (F10) to activate PetDT if the defense mode is set to PetDT. (ALT+F12) to deactivate. This mode would still allow gear swapping to occur.

If you are wanting to activate a DT set on yourself then you would set the Defense Mode to MasterDT (CTRL+F10 to cycle)and then hit (F10) to activate. This mode is more or less designed to be an emergency set, not really one you would want to stay in full time. To clear this you would hit (ALT+F12).
 Sylph.Gaspard
サーバ: Sylph
user: kotomaru
By Sylph.Gaspard 2019-03-12 15:12:25  
Hi all!

A bit new to this level of complexity in gearswap, and I have a few questions concerning this one!

I've noticed when playing and testing out my sets that when my pet is active and deployed, and I melee along with it, I see in chat log "Idle mode is idle" and it equips my idle set (with regen rings and Hermes sandals... not exactly tp stuff). I've tried to change that with ctrl+f12 which puts it at MasterDT, but while it seems to work when cycling, it goes back to Idle mode is idle and equipping my idle set whem I engage a mob along with my pet.

Also, and not related, is there anyone else having issues with aftercast? For example, when doing a maneuver, I stay in my overload - gear and not requipping my melee tp set.

Possible I am overlooking stuff, but since I am not making any sense of this alone, figured I'd ask!
 Shiva.Funf
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2019-03-12 17:28:06  
id jump in the discord channel and ask there, u will get a faster response
By Arrchie 2019-03-13 08:48:54  
Sylph.Gaspard said: »
Hi all!

A bit new to this level of complexity in gearswap, and I have a few questions concerning this one!

I've noticed when playing and testing out my sets that when my pet is active and deployed, and I melee along with it, I see in chat log "Idle mode is idle" and it equips my idle set (with regen rings and Hermes sandals... not exactly tp stuff). I've tried to change that with ctrl+f12 which puts it at MasterDT, but while it seems to work when cycling, it goes back to Idle mode is idle and equipping my idle set whem I engage a mob along with my pet.

Also, and not related, is there anyone else having issues with aftercast? For example, when doing a maneuver, I stay in my overload - gear and not requipping my melee tp set.

Possible I am overlooking stuff, but since I am not making any sense of this alone, figured I'd ask!

Greetings!

No worries, this gearswap has a bit of learning curve to it, but with the many options we have as a Puppetmaster this is flexible enough to cover any basis you would want.

For fighting alongside your pet, you want to make sure you are in OffenseMode MasterPet and this will then activate the base set sets.engaged.MasterPet. If you want to be in TP set then its OffenseMode(F9 to cycle) MasterPet and Hybrid Mode(CTRL+F9 to cycle) TP this then uses the set sets.engaged.MasterPet.TP.

For pet only sets you would use the sets.idle.Pet.Engaged. This means you the player is idle and the puppet is engaged. Also, this again will let you cycle through the Hybrid Mode(CTRL+F9) to access the other sets like TP (sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.TP).

If you are not switching out of the Aftercast gear then you may not have the set defined you are trying to go back into. Which sounds like sets.engaged.MasterPet may not be set up for you.

As Funf said, feel free to join our discord (invite on the first post) usually someone is available to help out. I try to check back here on the forums when I can, but usually more available on discord (unless I'm sleeping of course lol).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By Phildo8506 2019-04-29 18:59:37  
I've got a bit of an issue I can't figure out also.

The situation is master and mage DD engaged. With the prediction, it correctly sets Master mode when I am engaged with mage pup. I only have an elemental spell set listed in the lua. When I engage, chat log message says that I am in Master only mode and has the correct master tp gear set, and it correctly swaps to my WS gear also when WSing. The problem is it does not swap to pet mage gear when using elemental spells. I tried copying that elemental spell set into the top set for the base mage casting gear and it then did change to the mage gear when it casted, but then never changed back to my tp gear when finished. I've not tested it with only pet engaged, but that's not a huge deal as I can just stay in elemental gear the whole time in that case.

Edit: I wanted to add that after trying to play around with it more. I decided to plug in my master only tp gear to the hybrid regen set, then set it as MasterPet with Hybrid regen set so that I could tp in my master only gear with mage pup and have the lua swap in the correct casting gear. It worked... until the next mob when I engaged and it automatically set me back into MasterOnly, and I had to cycle through all of the hybrid sets to get it back to HybridRegen set.

Can I lock this somehow, or get it to stop changing me from MasterPet to Master every time I engage a new mob?
By Arrchie 2019-05-01 08:31:03  
Phildo8506 said: »
I've got a bit of an issue I can't figure out also.

The situation is master and mage DD engaged. With the prediction, it correctly sets Master mode when I am engaged with mage pup. I only have an elemental spell set listed in the lua. When I engage, chat log message says that I am in Master only mode and has the correct master tp gear set, and it correctly swaps to my WS gear also when WSing. The problem is it does not swap to pet mage gear when using elemental spells. I tried copying that elemental spell set into the top set for the base mage casting gear and it then did change to the mage gear when it casted, but then never changed back to my tp gear when finished. I've not tested it with only pet engaged, but that's not a huge deal as I can just stay in elemental gear the whole time in that case.

Edit: I wanted to add that after trying to play around with it more. I decided to plug in my master only tp gear to the hybrid regen set, then set it as MasterPet with Hybrid regen set so that I could tp in my master only gear with mage pup and have the lua swap in the correct casting gear. It worked... until the next mob when I engaged and it automatically set me back into MasterOnly, and I had to cycle through all of the hybrid sets to get it back to HybridRegen set.

Can I lock this somehow, or get it to stop changing me from MasterPet to Master every time I engage a new mob?

For those interested, a discussion is happening on GitHub https://github.com/atperry7/pup_gearswap/issues/10

Also, the development version ( https://github.com/atperry7/pup_gearswap/tree/development ) that is being tested right now contains an updated UI window that is draggable (does not save that location at this time). A few have also requested an Auto-Deploy feature, which when you engage or switch targets while you have this turned on it will attempt to deploy your puppet on the mob you are currently fighting. Another feature, on by default in development, is the ability to log your puppets damage into a text file. It tracks TP, multi-hits, etc... Nothing too crazy, I simply wanted an easier way to track and go back later to see this information. Some plans for this, but nothing set in stone at this time.
 Asura.Elizabet
サーバ: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-07 11:44:35  
Line 1305: Looks like else condition is a copy pasta bug? Should be sets.midcast.Pet.WSNoFTP
Code
                if pet.tp >= 1000 and Pet_State == const_stateEngaged and justFinishedWeaponSkill == false and petWeaponSkillLock == false then
                    if state.SetFTP.value then
                        equip(set_combine(sets.midcast.Pet.WSFTP,{main="Ohtas"}))
                    else
                    end

startWeaponSkillPetTimer()
                end
By Arrchie 2019-05-07 14:06:28  
Asura.Elizabet said: »
Line 1305: Looks like else condition is a copy pasta bug? Should be sets.midcast.Pet.WSNoFTP
Code
                if pet.tp >= 1000 and Pet_State == const_stateEngaged and justFinishedWeaponSkill == false and petWeaponSkillLock == false then
                    if state.SetFTP.value then
                    else
                    end

startWeaponSkillPetTimer()
                end

Nice catch. Totally would be. Have fixed on both main and development branch.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-26 01:35:10  
Line 1634
Code
if pet.isvalid and 
            (state.PetStyleCycle.value:lower() == "spam" or state.PetStyleCycle.value:lower() == "dd") then

Shouldn't it be
Code
if pet.isvalid and 
            (state.PetStyleCycle.value:lower() == "spam" or state.PetModeCycle.value:lower() == "dd") then

or am I missing something?
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2019-05-26 04:56:53  
I seriously wish I could understand this *** :\ It's REALLY hurting my damage..
By Arrchie 2019-05-26 08:30:49  
Cerberus.Jiko said: »
I seriously wish I could understand this *** :\ It's REALLY hurting my damage..

Well, you are welcome to join us on discord listed on the first post. We would be happy to help you better understand this. Most have seen jumps in their damage and can give you plenty of advice. I'm usually around as well to help too. :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Faites
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Faites 2019-08-05 15:59:29  
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an enmity gear swap for the Selindrile's lua's

Can anyone help?
By Arrchie 2019-08-06 08:02:47  
Bahamut.Faites said: »
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an enmity gear swap for the Selindrile's lua's

Can anyone help?

I am not familiar with Selindrile's lua. So, our implementation may not work quite correctly in Selindrile's.

We have our own timers we utilize to determine when to swap in enmity gear based on when the pet used provoke/flash. As well as the ability to swap in weapon skill gear with timers to prevent staying in the weapon skill gear for long periods of time.
 Asura.Cherished
By Asura.Cherished 2019-08-07 20:45:08  
Been using the file for a few weeks now. Great job by the way guys. It makes playing PUP extremely fun and rewarding.

Wanted to let you know that sometimes when changing jobs, not just PUP, in my mog house and when zoning into my MH it crashes and immediately closes the client w/o warning. I would say about 12% of the time. Not a huge deal, and it's only in my Port Windurst Mog House. I haven't tested other places, except Norg moogles, Mhaura, Selbina and Windurst Walls Mog House. So far, only Port Windurst has produced crashes.

EDIT: Also, the client only crashed AFTER I had played PUP since starting the client. I run 3 clients at once, and the other 2 are fine, and I don't use PUP on either of those accounts.
 Asura.Arrchie
user: Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-08-09 08:22:10  
Asura.Cherished said: »
Been using the file for a few weeks now. Great job by the way guys. It makes playing PUP extremely fun and rewarding.

Wanted to let you know that sometimes when changing jobs, not just PUP, in my mog house and when zoning into my MH it crashes and immediately closes the client w/o warning. I would say about 12% of the time. Not a huge deal, and it's only in my Port Windurst Mog House. I haven't tested other places, except Norg moogles, Mhaura, Selbina and Windurst Walls Mog House. So far, only Port Windurst has produced crashes.

EDIT: Also, the client only crashed AFTER I had played PUP since starting the client. I run 3 clients at once, and the other 2 are fine, and I don't use PUP on either of those accounts.

Glad you are enjoying the gearswap! Pup is an awesome job!

This is the first we have heard about the gearswap causing crashes. Have you disabled all other plugins except gearswap just to make sure it actually is the gearswap? I hope we don't have conflict with another plugin. I will have to test this out in Windurst to see if I can reproduce it.

Also, we did release a new version on 8/6, so if you haven't upgraded yet it may worth looking into, maybe it won't have that issue. lol
 Bahamut.Butmunch
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-08-15 00:56:54  
idk if its just me but i cant get any of the sets to work. if anyone has any thing that could help, would love it ^^
 Asura.Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-08-16 14:44:56  
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
idk if its just me but i cant get any of the sets to work. if anyone has any thing that could help, would love it ^^

First post we have a link to our Discord. Plenty of people that can help ya out.

To get the basics working. You want to make sure to fill in all your sets.idle.Pet and sets.idle.Pet.Engaged... These are used when you are not fighting and the Pet is fighting (or if your OffenseMode is set to Trusts).

For tanking, you will also want to make sure to fill out sets.pet.Enmity -- this is automatically swapped in when Provoke/Flashbulb is ready.

Another set you could fill in is your pet Weapon skill set. sets.midcast.Pet.WSNoFTP and sets.midcast.Pet.WSFTP.

Second set is the sets.engaged.MasterPet... these sets are used when you and your pet are both fighting together. They would be your hybrid sets.
 Asura.Cherished
By Asura.Cherished 2019-08-22 16:15:22  
Asura.Arrchie said: »
Asura.Cherished said: »

Glad you are enjoying the gearswap! Pup is an awesome job!

This is the first we have heard about the gearswap causing crashes. Have you disabled all other plugins except gearswap just to make sure it actually is the gearswap? I hope we don't have conflict with another plugin. I will have to test this out in Windurst to see if I can reproduce it.

Also, we did release a new version on 8/6, so if you haven't upgraded yet it may worth looking into, maybe it won't have that issue. lol

The only other "new to me" addon I enabled since this gs file has been the one that checks a player's equipment and reports various stats in chat. I really don't remember the name of it.

But since posting about the issue and after the ffxi client update I've had no more crashes. Granted, I'm not using port windurst mog house any more (east aduolin mog house now) but I try not to purposely crash my client.
 Asura.Bitesized
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2019-08-27 09:28:08  
Maybe it's already been answered here and I missed it. But Is there any way to get auto maneuvers to cast just before losing the buff instead of after?
 Asura.Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-08-31 18:47:57  
Asura.Bitesized said: »
Maybe it's already been answered here and I missed it. But Is there any way to get auto maneuvers to cast just before losing the buff instead of after?

I've not had issues with it refreshing just after the maneuver falls off. What issues are you running into with this?

To do this before the buff falls off would require a rewrite of how that currently works.
By Brynach 2019-09-14 16:25:05  
There are a couple things ive found recently that I wanted to bring up to get better understanding.
Since this latest update, any time I engaged and fight, when the mob dies I get an error message from the pup-lib.lua. Line 974: attempt to index a nil value. This doesnt happen when only the pet is engaged.
Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:102:
User Event error: [directory]/Gearswap/libs/pup-lib.lua:974: attempt to index a nil value.

Second thing ive found is with a VE/SS dd auto, using firex2, light maneuvers, the ws prediction is Armor Shatterer, but the auto uses Arcuballista.
 Asura.Arrchie
By Asura.Arrchie 2019-09-14 20:27:04  
Brynach said: »
There are a couple things ive found recently that I wanted to bring up to get better understanding.
Since this latest update, any time I engaged and fight, when the mob dies I get an error message from the pup-lib.lua. Line 974: attempt to index a nil value. This doesnt happen when only the pet is engaged.
User Event error: [directory]/Gearswap/libs/pup-lib.lua:974: attempt to index a nil value.

Second thing ive found is with a VE/SS dd auto, using firex2, light maneuvers, the ws prediction is Armor Shatterer, but the auto uses Arcuballista.

Just to double check, you are getting the 974 error only during AutoDeploy correct? Looks like we need a better check here if that is the case.

For those weapon skill predictions we don't actually look at the current lights used and those have mainly been a best guess. Sounds like we may need to check lights as well at some point to give more accurate prediction.
By Brynach 2019-09-14 20:42:32  
Asura.Arrchie said: »
Brynach said: »

Just to double check, you are getting the 974 error only during AutoDeploy correct? Looks like we need a better check here if that is the case.

For those weapon skill predictions we don't actually look at the current lights used and those have mainly been a best guess. Sounds like we may need to check lights as well at some point to give more accurate prediction.

I get the message when the mob that I am fighting dies. But it does only happen when the auto-deploy function is on. Once I turned it off, the error no longer appears.