users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » my joining Asura experience
my joining Asura experience
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-12-14 04:48:49  
I suck and I'm angry Asura won't carry my terrible ***.

-The OP
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-12-14 07:10:19  
joining Asura was your first mistake.

the only server worse and more toxic is Nasomi.
[+]
By mhomho 2018-12-14 07:20:17  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Asura

the only server

ftfy
[+]
By volkom 2018-12-14 07:27:54  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
joining Asura was your first mistake.

the only server worse and more toxic is Nasomi.
[+]
 Bismarck.Affinty
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dsuza
By Bismarck.Affinty 2018-12-14 08:02:11  
I AM DANZ!!!!!
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-14 08:46:26  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
I suck and I'm angry Asura won't carry my terrible ***.

-The OP

The problem is that when the majority of people think about the future, they think mostly about positive things to reaffirm their own decisions.

However the math us pretty simple More People = More ***
and Bots.

Also, like everyone else the OP is trapped in the prison of his own perception. "These good/bad things are happening to me personally"

and thirdly they unknowingly answered their own question. Other people aren't helping them because they are also sitting around waiting to be helped by someone else.

ASK NOT WHAT ALTANA CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK INSTEAD WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SERVE THE GODDESS
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-14 09:01:12  
Yo just to hit on point 3, no, I wish it was that god damn simple.

You can blacklist lritten(for example), but what you can't do is blacklist all the morons that reply to him. Blacklists aren't big enough. The morons that reply to him are worse than he is.

It's one thing for one idiot to say dumb ***. It's a whole different thing for 60 morons to argue with him after it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-14 11:19:17  
mhomho said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
DD's are dime a dozen. Come suck our epeens cause our DD's are so much better. Let us groom you to be our cheerleaders. We don't care what you like to play or about you as people.

I'd rather buy clears from Philly or beg KG to give me a shot then play with trash like you.

For you, the day Saevel graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-14 11:57:35  
For you, the day Saevel graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

wait.... you mean to tell me that you haven't been spending every waking moment of the last six years preparing for the return and asuran arrival of The Danznukem? /gasp

But... you've had all this time to build a linkshell specifically designed to carry him to greatness, help him by answering every dumb question he's too lazy to look up on bg wiki and WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY MORE IMPORTANT than catering to his every whim and desire/? he's Danznukem

I mean Sure you have done all this content over and over and over and over and over again until you're blue in the face but Danznukem needs to do it NOW and I mean right now. There couldn't be a more important roll that holding Danznukem's hand and tenderly guiding him through his glorious return to the game,

I just can't believe you aren't ready and willing and able to drop whatever it is you are doing to help a returner as deeply devoted to the game as Danznukem when he has spent the last fifteen years doing absolutely nothing for you or anyone else.

Who could possibly be more deserving of all of our focus and attention than Danznukem? There are people RIGHT NOW grievously injuring him when he tries to cleave in escha zi'tah
why haven't you stopped them?

I mean... AT LEAST turn all the bots on asura off when he logs on, that should be a piece of cake for a person of your stature and notoriety. a simple shout or yell would probably whip all the rmts right into shape. just add the lines /autosearch for Danznukem /stop whenever Danznukem logs on.

no problemo.

I mean...c'mon he came all the way here to complain.

and it's Danznukem just look at all of the wonderful things he has contributed to site!

he has 11 posts.

Don't you understand how valuble he is to our community

maybe I need to spell it out for you.... ELEVEN bro...

c'mon....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-14 12:13:20  
DirectX said: »
3. If you block 3-5 people (including Frod and Lritten) you will avoid 98% of all annoying yells and spam.

I see the shouts that everyone does, but it's actually less work to ignore it than read it, get triggered and respond to it. It's literally just a bunch of people trolling, having fun, joking around, arguing about nonsense, debating nothingness. But it's hardly something someone should be bothered enough about to actually make it into a bullet point about "my Asura experience so far". I get that most of you are kind of joking about how "annoying" these shouts can be, but are there really players who are actually booty harmed over it? Ignore it and move on, or read it and laugh/shake your head.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-14 12:17:18  
I just see them as homages to my greatness. I shall build a monument to by greatness using their tears for my mortar.
By Afania 2018-12-14 12:30:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
DirectX said: »
3. If you block 3-5 people (including Frod and Lritten) you will avoid 98% of all annoying yells and spam.

I see the shouts that everyone does, but it's actually less work to ignore it than read it, get triggered and respond to it. It's literally just a bunch of people trolling, having fun, joking around, arguing about nonsense, debating nothingness. But it's hardly something someone should be bothered enough about to actually make it into a bullet point about "my Asura experience so far". I get that most of you are kind of joking about how "annoying" these shouts can be, but are there really players who are actually booty harmed over it? Ignore it and move on, or read it and laugh/shake your head.

It's more about the real function of yell that can't be utilized properly. If people chat/joke in public channel, and have LOTS of conversations going on, whoever shout for pt recruitment or buy/sell messages will be erased, or people can miss these messages between conversations.

There's discord, ls or forum etc for social purposes, so just use that to chat or joke. Personally, I prefer to see clean public channel so I can see all the buy/sell or recruitment message going on when I afk. If I want to chat I can do it on discord lol.

I guess it's similar to other mmo that public channel are often used to chat and social. It was just never a thing in ffxi history, and I guessing it's because most of the servers were JP dominant, who tend to view chatting and joking in public channel not a good thing to do because reason listed above. But Western players are used to chatting in public channel in other games so eventually it become a thing on big English speaking servers.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-14 12:35:02  
Afania said: »
I prefer to see clean public channel so I can see all the buy/sell or recruitment message going on when I afk.

I'll get to work on that right away for you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-12-14 12:58:51  
Only insecure people get butthurt when someone discusses a topic.
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

wait.... you mean to tell me that you haven't been spending every waking moment of the last six years preparing for the return and asuran arrival of The Danznukem? /gasp

But... you've had all this time to build a linkshell specifically designed to carry him to greatness, help him by answering every dumb question he's too lazy to look up on bg wiki and WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY MORE IMPORTANT than catering to his every whim and desire/? he's Danznukem

I mean Sure you have done all this content over and over and over and over and over again until you're blue in the face but Danznukem needs to do it NOW and I mean right now. There couldn't be a more important roll that holding Danznukem's hand and tenderly guiding him through his glorious return to the game,

I just can't believe you aren't ready and willing and able to drop whatever it is you are doing to help a returner as deeply devoted to the game as Danznukem when he has spent the last fifteen years doing absolutely nothing for you or anyone else.

Who could possibly be more deserving of all of our focus and attention than Danznukem? There are people RIGHT NOW grievously injuring him when he tries to cleave in escha zi'tah
why haven't you stopped them?

I mean... AT LEAST turn all the bots on asura off when he logs on, that should be a piece of cake for a person of your stature and notoriety. a simple shout or yell would probably whip all the rmts right into shape. just add the lines /autosearch for Danznukem /stop whenever Danznukem logs on.

no problemo.

I mean...c'mon he came all the way here to complain.

and it's Danznukem just look at all of the wonderful things he has contributed to site!

he has 11 posts.

Don't you understand how valuble he is to our community

maybe I need to spell it out for you.... ELEVEN bro...

c'mon....
Calm your ***. His one post contributed more than the ***talking you did. It was ultimately a discussion on the pro's and con's of an overactive server. I didn't see him complain. He's just calling it as he sees it. Also, posting on this website is not a badge of honor unless you prefer quantity over quality. He said more, with less, than you did.
By volkom 2018-12-14 13:30:46  
love these threads ~

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-14 13:44:31  
Remember I tossed your shell,

Que dramatic music

Seriously I have no idea who this is or why they think they are important to the rest of us.

Didn't think this dude would actually prove the Mr. Bison reference true.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-14 13:53:17  
Seriously I have no idea who this is or why they think they are important.

I'm crestfallen... it's hard to even imagine ever being able to find the strength to go on...

I tossed your shell

[+]
By lhova 2018-12-14 14:03:48  
Asura was so lit when I left Lakshmi years ago. People shouted and helped with everything now most things are merced. Miss the old days but lucky to have a great linkshell.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By abdhaljs 2018-12-14 14:33:46  
Requesting the mods rename this thread 'The Asura Experience Simulator'.
[+]
By Kreed89 2018-12-14 14:34:37  
This is sort of why I didn't bother joining Asura. In all games, the most populated servers are pretty similar.

You're now a small fish in a big pond. No one owes you anything. If you want to get ahead, do what you're told and you'll get there probably more efficiently than you would have in your old server, but it shouldn't be a shock that people aren't willing to accommodate every new person to join Asura.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-14 14:36:20  
my point

[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-14 14:36:55  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Or come to a smaller server where we're always very welcome and will try fit you in on jobs you like to play as we do our best to adapt to what you enjoy playing. Of course it always helps to be versatile, you won't always get to play what you want, and on a smaller server it's even more crucial to have several jobs. Don't need a big server to get things done and enjoy it. You just need a little extra patience as you can't join random PUGs and achieve right away. It's more work, but probably way more fulfilling unless you're looking to collect every major thing in the game

All of this very much exists on Asura, you're just going to be stuck with groups that generally aren't very good and you'll struggle to progress at times since the top "talent" opted for the speedier approach by joining the big groups.

This is one thing I simply don't understand from the smaller server folks, they seem to think they have this special community that only exists for them. That's 100% not true at all. Asura is huge, it has just what the small servers think they have on lock, it has high end players, it has mid-end *** that think they're high end players, it has bots, it has yell trolls, and everything in between.

Hell we have multiple LS's made specifically to help out new players (assuming Nyarlko is still active, that's the easiest one to see) and we have people shouting to advertise their social LS where people will ask to team up for Unity and Zitah NM's.

Small servers aren't special on that front. The difference between a small server and Asura is the small server doesn't have yells, where Asura has merc and troll yells, and the small server doesn't have as many bots or AH activity, whereas Asura has both in droves. That's the personal preference between the two. But the community on Asura has all levels.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-12-14 14:39:59  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bismarck.Chasuro said: »
Calm your ***.

go *** your mother, I'm all finished up and she says it's your turn next.

I totally forgot about random trolls!! Thanks for the reminder. Asura Experience Go!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9