New PLD Priorities?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » New PLD priorities?
New PLD priorities?
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-30 19:59:01  
so me and 2 friends recently returned to the wonderful world of Vana'diel, i have been back for about a month now however we have noticed some difficultly with most of the content. we currently do not have a tank job. so i decided to take up PLD,
my question for anybody who is familiar with the job. what is,
what are my high priorities for a new PLD?

obviously the set of shields. Ageis and Ochain. these are something i will earn over the next month or so (causal play) but other than that. is there gear i should go out of my way to try to get ASAP?
ideally with my friends who aren't exactly fully equipped.

normal difficult AA-EV is about the extent we can go. its not much. that's why i'm wanting something that can take more of a beating. we have been rolling around on misc jobs, none of which are a tank. so yea.

TLDR: other than ageis/ochain what are my top priorities?
content would be prefered to able to be trioed by returning players.
By Taint 2018-12-30 20:35:55  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Souveran_Armor_Set_%2B1

NQ is fine too.

You can literally PLD tank 99% of the game in this.

ItemSet 351556
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-30 21:00:57  
Goading belt is a nice easy option to pair with souveran as well, caps haste for recast and has a little bit of enmity to it. You don't NEED ochain for anything right now, and like Taint said that set will pretty much cover the entire game. PLD is by far the easiest job to gear to a standard that will perform.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-30 21:15:25  
Taint said: »

NQ is fine too.

ItemSet 351556

i don't have vagery clear. how much better is this set over AF or relic?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-30 21:39:24  
those are abjuration pieces, not vagary
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-30 21:46:39  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
those are abjuration pieces, not vagary

vagery is necessary to +1 empy peaces.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-30 21:47:41  
those aren’t empyrean pieces
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-30 21:49:43  

NQ is fine too.

ItemSet 351556

also. i don't exactly have 108 million gil to blow on accessories.
this tottaly has "new player friendly" all over it >.>
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-30 21:59:50  
Bismarck.Danz said: »

NQ is fine too.

ItemSet 351556

also. i don't exactly have 108 million gil to blow on accessories.
this tottaly has "new player friendly" all over it >.>

looking into the NQs is a huge savings.
17.9 mil hopefully gil comes faster for endgame content if i want to take the job further.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-30 22:01:12  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
those aren’t empyrean pieces

oh i see that now. awesome. gonna look into the content necessary to get.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-12-30 23:52:13  
If you're a new paladin, do this quest:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Children_of_the_Rune

Then make this weapon:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Aettir

You'll thank me later, trust me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-12-30 23:52:58  
Of all the jobs that were suggested to you in your other thread, you chose *** Paladin?
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-31 01:17:01  
Asura.Sirris said: »
If you're a new paladin, do this quest:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Children_of_the_Rune

Then make this weapon:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Aettir

You'll thank me later, trust me.

you suggesting RUN is better than PLD?

how would you rate them? on a scale of 1 to 20 on survivability
with only 2 other PCs and 3x trusts
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-31 02:24:26  
how would you rate them?

One of the best job in the game.

with only 2 other PCs and 3x trusts

If you have plans to invest that much into pld, to the point to work on both rema shield then trusts nor pc number doesnt matter at that point.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-12-31 05:58:01  
PLD is the better tank while RUN is the better job.

PLD is tanking in basic mode: you'll do the job easily but nothing more. RUN is tanking in advanced mode: you'll have to juggle with lots of things and it has less room for errors, but it brings more to the table because it can tank, DD and support defensively your party too.

That's your choice, what's better for you? A solid tank that does nothing more than that or another that can do the job and more but at a price?
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-12-31 08:14:08  
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
RUN is the better tank

Fixed for you.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2018-12-31 08:23:02  

PLD is tanking in basic mode: you'll do the job easily but nothing more. RUN is tanking in advanced mode: you'll have to juggle with lots of things and it has less room for errors, but it brings more to the table because it can tank, DD and support defensively your party too.

That's your choice, what's better for you? A solid tank that does nothing more than that or another that can do the job and more but at a price?

Lmao pls. The only reason people say pld is the better tank is cos they've never seen a player play RUN properly and they are probably squishy as hell. Literally rune tanks anything better than a pld can do when the right player is in control.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-31 08:29:02  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
RUN and PUP are the better tanks

Fixed for you.

Fixed even “moar”
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-12-31 08:33:39  
I absolutely love Paladin, always will but right now in the current state of game, RUN is the better tank.
 Shiva.Talryn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Talryn
By Shiva.Talryn 2018-12-31 08:42:51  
It's easier and safer to tank on pld while drinking though. This is an important fact to consider when faced with the prospect of spending 2 hours in dynamis divergence as a tank.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-31 08:44:25  
Shiva.Talryn said: »
It's easier and safer to tank on pld while drinking though. This is an important fact to consider when faced with the prospect of spending 2 hours in dynamis divergence as a tank.

This is also very true.
By Taint 2018-12-31 08:45:49  
RUN is absolutely the better tank, but RUN takes more gear/skill/focus/button pushes.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-12-31 08:48:32  
Straight up facts.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-12-31 08:58:07  
I know you're joking, but that's the reason I say PLD is the better tank: it's easier and safer. No one can go wrong playing PLD, even a lab monkey can Flash a mob and hide behind Aegis/Ochain/Priwen. But that's everything PLD does and being easier and safer is the only advantage it has over RUN.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-12-31 09:15:03  
I know you're joking, but that's the reason I say PLD is the better tank: it's easier and safer. No one can go wrong playing PLD, even a lab monkey can Flash a mob and hide behind Aegis/Ochain/Priwen. But that's everything PLD does and being easier and safer is the only advantage it has over RUN.
Big thing for me is holding hate and since levelling RUN I have gained a big love for /BLU as I can spam blank gaze indefinitely for enmity generation and providing I'm not using my runes for any sort of elemental resistances, I can have 3x Tenebrae and pretty much never run out of MP which is super useful for the Aspir spamming Omen bosses.
 Shiva.Talryn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Talryn
By Shiva.Talryn 2018-12-31 09:15:34  

And I actually agree with your original comment, for the reasons you just stated. I actually do tend to stick with PLD for most content, if there's no necessary reason to bring RUN. I also like to drink a lot when I play. :)

Apologies for contributing to the sidetracking of this thread. I've played PLD so long though that I don't know where to begin with offering new gear advice. Aegis (I wouldn't bother with Ochain...I hardly bother to use it anymore), Dring, and cap PDT (there's lots of options). Get decent phalanx and enmity sets. If AoE tanking, /blu and SIRD (not really applicable for trioing though). I think for trio content, RUN is a much better option as a tank, possibly even when drinking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-31 09:16:15  
hmm thought title meant "New Priority for PLD" instead of "Priorities for new PLD"
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2018-12-31 09:40:34  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

Lmao pls. The only reason people say pld is the better tank is cos they've never seen a player play RUN properly and they are probably squishy as hell. Literally rune tanks anything better than a pld can do when the right player is in control.

My favorite thing is watching a RUN kill themselves to an Orc in Dyna Sandy-D thinking they need to DD to hold aggro and they get countered to death by 3 triple attack procs w/ capped haste.
[+]
First Page 2