Long Term Maintenance

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Long Term Maintenance
Long Term Maintenance
Offline
Posts: 20
By emiledge 2019-01-07 19:36:23  
This is on the official fourms Jp side of it. I did a google translate but its not always that reliable. Does anyone else see at the bottom where he says in awhile long term maintenance is coming? Does that mean like a day? or weeks? Cause it sounds too me like he is saying in order to bring all the equipment current they will need to have the game down for a long time. Which can be a good thing for FFXI in the long run if they want to expand and do another expansion in the future.

12-28-2018 07 : 09 PM # 947
Yoji_Fujito
Dev Team
Yoji_Fujito's Avatar Join Date
Mar 2011
Posts
333
Hello.

It was only a few days after I left 2018.
Everyone, how are you feeling?
There was a happening that influenza was beginning to become popular and members of the development team suffered from type A alone.
Even if you actively wash your mouthwash, the probability remains, so it is a stubborn place.
I would like to pay enough attention.

Well today I decided to comment on the greeting at the end of the year.
In the matter of job adjustment, I can see the comment of scolding "The reply is late, what are you doing", but
Matsui producer intends to talk in his own mouth, New Year January 9 (Wednesday) It is decided to explain at the " 43rd Mega Matsuri Vana Dale " scheduled to be broadcasted to.
So, maybe a moment please.

In addition, I gave the general discussion " I've set up a report thread from STF on misconduct ".
This is because we are afraid that the content will weather if you do not comment on a regular basis and that "what you are doing now" will not be transmitted.
Since STF is a secret unit, there is no such thing as to be able to say what you are doing indefinitely, but on the
contrary it seems that you are not doing anything because it is too quiet, or if you do not say it It is not good to make air that is advantageous for the contractor at.
Salalaruru posted on behalf of the thread setting, but since it is never impersonated, accept that point and proceed to allow you to review the postings that follow.
I think that it will be about once a month.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

...... And, as for business affairs talks in this circumstance, it is said to lightly look back in 2018, as
"Final Fantasy XI" Implementation plan of "Dunamis - divergence ~" and implementation of "AMAN Trobe".
With this as the main axis, I think that the campaign-like movement ("Yamie's day") stand out conspicuously.

Speaking of the campaign is a welcome back campaign & discount campaign.
And it is " FFXI ReFriender " which started deployment in conjunction .
I reunited with my old friends from here. Or I found out. I heard the story saying.
Since it is a function to develop continuously, I think that you can use it successfully in the future.

And after all it is holding a real event as an experience.
This plan was also a one-year plan, so I think that it was great as a movement.
I think that the content was made because the organizer was KADOKAWA.
KADOKAWA was proud of the development of media mix such as exposure in multiple magazines, Web and Twitter, lively raising with NicoNico Live broadcasting, and various kinds of goods development.
Especially Famitsu-san, Dengeki's dream tag by two magazines. Who could have imagined if this happened?
More than anything, everyone was motivated.

On the day of the event, the afternoon department was filled up early and it seems that a considerable number of industry stakeholders came to the enthusiastic players.
I have heard that many people later fell into event loss.
The influence that "Final Fantasy XI" exerted as the epicenter was an event that I grasped with my own understanding that it was really big.

At private, there were 4,020 g of children's bombs, etc. It was a year that somehow managed to surrender with discomfort due to weak physical fitness and exhaustion, but still managed to surrender.


...... something really, there are so many things that just time passes like fast forward. . .

//////////////////

That's why I will tell you a bit from now on.

The development team is currently trying to strengthen the aging footwalk.
It's not a very flashy work, but it's an important task to prevent something from being broken and suddenly losing Vana deal.
Long-term maintenance is scheduled to come in a while, but I would like to pardon that point.

In addition, in 2019, we will continue to do our best to develop and manage all teams so that we can deliver good news even a little.
And I would like to continue to patronize "Final Fantasy XI" in 2019.

Hello everyone, please have a good year.
(43)
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-07 19:41:49  
Taking a (couple) day(s) to do extended maint to fix a ton of things that are bad would be incredible, so of course, that's absolutely what they WON'T do.

Considering the 5(?) times they've "exchanged" server equipment...
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1092
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-01-07 19:44:10  
Quote:
The development team is currently trying to strengthen the aging footwalk.
It's not a very flashy work, but it's an important task to prevent something from being broken and suddenly losing Vana deal

This is the part that caught my eye. Seems as though, and this is just a guess on my part, is the server equipment is aging and is in dire need of updating. And if it isn't done, there's a chance something catastrophic may happen to the game up to and including losing FFXI entirely.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1367
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-07 20:42:58  
combined with the devkit issue that they mentioned publicly a few years back, I find this public admittance of instability amazing. I wonder, what would it take to truly bring the hardware of ffxi into the modern age? Is it even possible with their current budgets?
 Odin.Slore
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
Posts: 963
By Odin.Slore 2019-01-07 20:50:10  
I do not see this on official forums in jp section. Did someone link?
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-07 20:54:41  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30078-%E3%83%95%E3%82%B8%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%E3%82%8A%E3%81%94%E3%81%A8%E3%80%82?p=612019#post612019

or

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.square-enix.com%2Fffxi%2Fthreads%2F30078-%25E3%2583%2595%25E3%2582%25B8%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2581%25AE%25E3%2581%25B2%25E3%2581%25A8%25E3%2582%258A%25E3%2581%2594%25E3%2581%25A8%25E3%2580%2582%3Fp%3D612019%23post612019
 Odin.Slore
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
Posts: 963
By Odin.Slore 2019-01-07 20:59:28  
thxs i'll whip it up in a bit. try to clean it up
Offline
Posts: 20
By emiledge 2019-01-07 21:11:57  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30078-フジトのひとりごと。?p=612019#post612019
Offline
Posts: 9887
By Draylo 2019-01-07 23:19:37  
Wow, imagine if the entire game just gets deleted and everyones stuff. Would be some incentive to remaster the game at least lol
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-01-07 23:23:40
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-08 00:14:39  
Draylo said: »
Wow, imagine if the entire game just gets deleted and everyones stuff. Would be some incentive to remaster the game at least lol

Id laugh so damn hard if all character data was wiped and unrecoverable. The explanation to follow would be gold.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
Posts: 423
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2019-01-08 00:51:49  
No mention of player data or data in that post. Probably back end things that would need to be maintained. I wouldn't be surprised if POL were to fail the game may not be accessible and that's something that's not part of the main game and not glamorous work as Fujito put it.
 Asura.Divinas
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Divinas
Posts: 1
By Asura.Divinas 2019-01-08 01:11:18  
What does this mean exactly? Sorry I just started two months ago.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
Posts: 423
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2019-01-08 01:49:55  
Asura.Divinas said: »
What does this mean exactly? Sorry I just started two months ago.

Game is old and has spaghetti code. Fujito is saying they're laying the ground work to maintain the codebase so they don't accidentally wreck the game world by doing something with unintended consequences. The machine translation isn't clear but the thought process seems clear enough. No mention of data deletion.

He talks about a long term maintenance which I assume it's a heads up for an unusually long maintenance in the future. Or it could also mean a plan over the long term to maintain the game.
Offline
Posts: 109
By Monko 2019-01-08 05:40:57  
If they took down servers for a long period and just reinstated tetra master back into the Pol viewer that whole time I wouldn't even care.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2
By Divinas 2019-01-08 06:41:16  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Asura.Divinas said: »
What does this mean exactly? Sorry I just started two months ago.

Game is old and has spaghetti code. Fujito is saying they're laying the ground work to maintain the codebase so they don't accidentally wreck the game world by doing something with unintended consequences. The machine translation isn't clear but the thought process seems clear enough. No mention of data deletion.

He talks about a long term maintenance which I assume it's a heads up for an unusually long maintenance in the future. Or it could also mean a plan over the long term to maintain the game.
Thank you for the clarification :)
Offline
Posts: 248
By kireek 2019-01-08 07:22:23  
Maintenance in relation to ffxi now has nothing to do with game code itself, maintenance is done for hardware that the servers run on (and possibly even the furniture around the servers from what I read, the shelving etc). Keep in mind how long this game has been running.

Also the game does of course have backups of the main database (not just one, they even have multiple backups of the backups including backups in other locations if the building burned down) that are taken from the database hourly, not that it matters too much because the game is incredibly stable and the database isn't anywhere near as complex as for more modern mmorpgs anyway (those hour/ day game waits help a lot in reducing load in changes written to the database).

Examples of things they could be doing are changing components (ie. changing drives - these things aren't run to failure) to updating the duplication software that backs up the database, to literally just replacing all the shelving infrastructure the servers are sitting on.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1367
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-08 07:34:33  
kireek said: »

Examples of things they could be doing are changing components (ie. changing drives - these things aren't run to failure) to updating the duplication software that backs up the database, to literally just replacing all the shelving infrastructure the servers are sitting on.


I could easily see a bunch of programmers,techs, and specialists seeing what would boil down to some dusting and building IKEA shelves calling tasks like that "boring" and not glamorous. Think about your own job...I know I put off work that might be necessary but isn't exactly in my job description.

example: I repair musical instruments for a living, but someone still has to order parts, maintain inventory, handle billing, and clean up the repair shop, but none of us WANT to do those things...we'd rather just do what our specialty training allows us to do better than a guy off the street. I can completely believe that the same mentality is prevalent in just about every work environment.
Offline
Posts: 135
By karusanyoshi 2019-01-08 19:52:34  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Draylo said: »
Wow, imagine if the entire game just gets deleted and everyones stuff. Would be some incentive to remaster the game at least lol

Id laugh so damn hard if all character data was wiped and unrecoverable. The explanation to follow would be gold.
Ps2 limitations.
 Asura.Arico
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
Posts: 109
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-12 01:54:31  
kireek said: »

Also the game does of course have backups of the main database (not just one, they even have multiple backups of the backups including backups in other locations if the building burned down) that are taken from the database hourly, not that it matters too much because the game is incredibly stable and the database isn't anywhere near as complex as for more modern mmorpgs anyway (those hour/ day game waits help a lot in reducing load in changes written to the database).

You give SE a lot of credit...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2143
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-12 05:50:40  
Camate says you have nothing to worry about in regards to data getting lost, and laughed at you people for thinking so.

It'll be a longer maint than it's been but there's no confirmation it'll be multiple days or anything. He thinks he read some more information somewhere else but can't remember where it is. But he said this is pretty core stuff and likely be a good bit longer than it usually is.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-19 21:55:21  
Quote:
All Worlds Maintenance (Jan. 21, 22)

[Date & Time]
Jan. 21, 2019 19:00 to 23:30 (PST)
Jan. 22, 2019 3:00 to 7:30 (GMT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Details]
- Replacing server equipment
- Addressing Issues

Oh look, replacing server equipment, again. During Gain-Money, again.
Offline
Posts: 5653
By Pantafernando 2019-01-20 01:19:53  
Sigh
 Asura.Chaostaru
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-20 05:59:48  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
All Worlds Maintenance (Jan. 21, 22)

[Date & Time]
Jan. 21, 2019 19:00 to 23:30 (PST)
Jan. 22, 2019 3:00 to 7:30 (GMT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Details]
- Replacing server equipment
- Addressing Issues

Oh look, replacing server equipment, again. During Gain-Money, again.
[+]