Vere Afterglow And WS: Am I Missing Something?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Vere Afterglow and WS: Am I missing something?
Vere Afterglow and WS: Am I missing something?
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2019-01-26 03:54:06  
Ok, I’ve been on TerpGlowDNC for a while and coming back to my VereGlowMNK and I have to wonder if I’m missing something important, or if TerpGlowDNC’s WS damage output just has me spoiled.

Just doing Arrapago II farming and my Rudra’s and Pyrrhic Kleos can rack up, by themselves, 13-20k damage (not talking selfchaining, just th individual WSs). But I’m lucky to get 6k on a VSmite. When I look at my current gear, I’m getting a base of about 1130 accuracy, 1300 attack, while my Dancer is at 1230 Att/Acc main and 1210 acc/1100 att off. I almost wanted to think it could be the accuracy not causing all 4 strikes of VSmite to hit, but this is on the Salvage bosses, not current content. My individual hits are around 5-700 per, not counting cries or the aftermath triple damage from Vere, but WSs are just not impressing.
By jahn 2019-01-26 04:13:42  
I haven't really touched monk since the days of abyssea, but from what I recall, victory smite requires a lot of critical hit to be good, which was one of the reasons Atma of Razed Ruins was so good for it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-26 06:41:08  
Not enough info, but generally PK is much stronger than Vsmite. What makes Vsmite strong is Impetus and Bhikku body +1. Without Impetus stacks the damage drops by a lot. Without Impetus you should use quite a lot of critical hit rate gear too (cape, relic+3 legs, Ryuo hands +1 and possibly Kendatsuba body +1 (most ppl will argue to use AF+3 body, but both armors are almost equal in sheet).
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-26 11:02:12  
Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
TerpGlowDNC
VereGlowMNK

Please stop.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-26 11:03:50  
lucky to get 6k on a VSmite.

This is a troll thread, just some retard who wants to plug how awesome he is for accumulating TWO afterglows.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-26 11:10:22  
Hard to tell if actually troll or genuinely stupid tbh, both are highly likely
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-01-26 11:58:41  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
lucky to get 6k on a VSmite.

This is a troll thread, just some retard who wants to plug how awesome he is for accumulating TWO afterglows.

Nah pretty sure he's just an idiot from what I've seen
By abdhaljs 2019-01-26 12:51:57  
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-26 13:46:10  
Two afterglows is a huge accomplishment! Don't let others here discourage you. Congrats DUDE!

My guess is your damage is bad because the rest of your gear is garbage and or you're underbuffed. Which judging from your FFXIah profile is probably both. VereGlowMNK needs a lot of VereGlowGoodWSSETGearMNK to be good.

Hope this helps.