Mythic Question

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Mythic question
Mythic question
By sefalon 2019-02-14 08:27:02  
Ok so I am back after not playing in 3 years and I was hoping someone can give me a realistic time frame to make a Tizona. Assuming I am starting from scratch how long would it take to make now?
By kishr 2019-02-14 08:35:45  
Depends your available time of playing of course.
1 or 2 weeks rough estimate. Depends how fast you spam.
It's vague question without explaining your play time.
By SimonSes 2019-02-14 08:43:02  
250 hours of play time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-14 08:46:55  
sefalon said: »
someone can give me a realistic time frame to make a Tizona

You're not going to get one. Realistic is commensurate to the player. People will hop in here and tell you you can finish one in 4 days if you go hard at it. Realistic is all relative. Player, time, gil, concentration, time-gates, skill (the OTHER kind), etc.

In my opinion, if you are a returning player after a long hiatus, who cares how long a weapon will take you to make? You're probably not anywhere near being ready for any end game content, so you should have plenty of time to focus on making the weapon you want. There's also a handful of upgrades you need to do after you get the base weapon, so mentally psyching out yourself on whether to make the sword based on time is silly. Just do the quest at your leisure and get it done when it gets done. Doesn't matter if it takes 5 days or 5 months. You won't care how long it took to make when you're getting enjoyment out of using it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By sefalon 2019-02-14 08:58:45  
Well ty for the response and I am not in a rush. I should have replaced realistic with easier obtainable maybe. I am transitioning to nights at my job so I will many hours to play at work lol so I will catch up on everything. I have ilvl 119 almace in the meantime. It was more of a question of easier to obtain than before I guess. But I appreciate the help ty guys and it’s good to be back.
By sefalon 2019-02-14 09:01:31  
Is it possible to finish one without help of others?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-14 09:04:14  
Yeah, it's "easier". It's just annoying all the hoops you have to go through, but it's not bad. It's a quest they've dumbed down tremendously (assuming you have all the RoV enhancements). You can spam all but einherjar back to back (1 hour entry, requires bodies i believe), so points there is not an issue. Assaults will take some time if you do them legitimately, but again, not "hard". The only hard part of these quests is after an extended period of time, not just saying "Ok FK this, im buying an Ergon with all this alex cash".

It will actually go by pretty fast if you just chip away at it incrementally. When I was making Verethragna, I decided to do absolutely nothing besides that, and when I got to the more lengthy NMs, I did it in my off-time. It didn't take long at all, 3 weeks maybe playing 3-4 nights a week for 2 hours. With your schedule, it should go quicker.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-02-14 09:05:39  

if you have two alternate accounts.

edit**** nope, looks like I'm wrong, everything is solo entry-able, will just take you a while.

I thought einherjar was still 3 to enter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-14 09:12:05  
Ok my mistake on Einherjar. Edited that point
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-02-14 09:18:28  

Yes. That being said, Nyzul and a handful of Assaults will be easier with additional characters or players.

While not part of the initial creation (and not required as you can just buy scoria) if you elect to kill Pandemonium Warden it'd be a good idea to have backup.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-02-14 10:23:49  
Speaking from the perspective of just having completed my first mythic.

Do you have a job that can solo Salvage v2 efficiently? You are building a Tizona so I imagine you have BLU =p it's generally considered the best job for mythic farming so you are in luck.

If you can bang out a salvage v2 in 30 minutes or less you can make a mythic. It's just about being patient and consistent. I believe this is the biggest thing to consider....everything else you can group up for (assaults, einherjar, nyzul, znm's).

Do an Einherjar T3 > do preferably TWO salvage v2 farms while you wait for the 1hour einherjar cool down > Einherjar again > repeat for days. If you can only do 1 salvage in between (which would be super slow) then so be it. Just hack away at it little by little. Once you are done with Einherjar it's just about farming the alex.

Assaults are easy...just tedious. Shout for the ones that are better to do with multiple people (lebros supplies, orichalcum survey, azure ailments, etc.) I personally knocked out all my assaults first and then started the einherjar > salvage x2 > einherjar > salvage x2....train.

Use ambu points on alex & sellable stuff to buy more alex. Throw everything you can at Alex and turn them in little by little. You may be surprised how fast it can actually go.

I finished mine in a month this way. Granted that month straddled two separate ambu updates so I got to double dip on the 1750 alex x2 and all the other ambu sellables.
By Shichishito 2019-02-14 10:53:53  
assuming you have a job like BLU or BST rdy to farm salvage and you chip away at it consistantly around 2-3 months is realistic i'd say.

you'll pull around 100 average (conservative estimation) each run from the linen and singles in alex, maybe a little more if you get lucky on cottens and second linen. depending on how well your farming job is equiped (movement speed equipment, job master, enough punch to kill stuff in 1-3 spells) you can finish one salvage in as low as 18-22 minutes and if you time it right you can do around 3 consecutive runs befor you run into cooldown. so a good hour each day just for farming alex.

of course you'd have to spend more time each day to also get some of the other tasks done but main bottle neck is still the alexandrite if you farm them.

for a few assaults and nyzul token farming i recommend to do with a party of 2-3 people, nyzul farming is much faster with 3 and a few specific assaults are very luck dependant to solo.

thats just for the lvl 75 stage tho, magian trails are also quite a bit of grinding - maybe another week. if you farm the scorias yourself and you know your way around to the pop spots and already have the zeni you can build a popset within a hour or two but if its your first mythic chances are you have to look up a lot of stuff on the wiki and it will take a lot longer.

augmenting and afterglowing are a different story. imho augmenting is still to expensive and you better of just selling that currency but you'll have to afterglow tizona asap as its not worth much of a damn without AG.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-14 10:56:09  
Hasn't been mentioned but if you can do Nyzul with a group and have good friends they can port your group up meaning you won't even spend tokens and 100%of what you earn in that run goes to the cause.
By sefalon 2019-02-14 11:19:27  
Ty again for the responses. I am at work right now so I need to check where I am at in quest or if I even started it. I could have sworn I made a Apoc but i can’t find it but have I lvl 119 RNG relic and I can’t remember making that so I have a lot to do.

I still had about 230 million Gil so that’s nice to see it was still there when I logged on.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-02-14 11:34:34  

I still had about 230 million Gil so that’s nice to see it was still there when I logged on.

Well this would have been helpful info LOL

You just need to do assaults and einherjar then. You can get it done in about a week or two if you grind it out.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-02-14 12:18:18  
If you have the gil, Einherjar is the only time gate. Nyzul can be finished in a day, ZNMs can be finished in a day, and assaults can be finished in a day. Alex is the biggest hurdle for most people, but with your gil the biggest time sink on that side will just be finding 30k Alex at a decent price. 100k Ichor, however, will take a minimum of 51 hours, and probably a good bit more if you're on a populated server, since T3 are often occupied and you'll either have to settle for a T2 or wait.
By SimonSes 2019-02-14 13:09:17  
Dont rush buying alex. Dont know Asura prices but r15 tizona from scratch costs like 290-340M so its better to find alex, beitetsu and swart at decent price. Or farm some of that and save for +2 neck and gear like adhemar +1
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-14 13:19:49  
Asura.Finbar said: »
If you have the gil, Einherjar is the only time gate. Nyzul can be finished in a day, ZNMs can be finished in a day, and assaults can be finished in a day. Alex is the biggest hurdle for most people, but with your gil the biggest time sink on that side will just be finding 30k Alex at a decent price. 100k Ichor, however, will take a minimum of 51 hours, and probably a good bit more if you're on a populated server, since T3 are often occupied and you'll either have to settle for a T2 or wait.

The fact that t3 ein takes 5 min to clear and it takes 5-30 minutes to get into an open t3 Einherjar on Asura is the most infuriating part of this.

Its mind boggling, almost CONSPIRACY, that people refuse to team up. One guy said sorry we like our party setup as it is? Im like dude we dont even have to be in a party or an alliance. Its crazy
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-14 13:44:00  
Asura.Toralin said: »

The fact that t3 ein takes 5 min to clear and it takes 5-30 minutes to get into an open t3 Einherjar on Asura is the most infuriating part of this.

Its mind boggling, almost CONSPIRACY, that people refuse to team up. One guy said sorry we like our party setup as it is? Im like dude we dont even have to be in a party or an alliance. Its crazy

Wow. that is crazy. Another reason I'm glad I'm not on Asura :P
I would think I would team up as much as possible. but maybe there is a block on that?
... has anyone tried, having 2 characters, each buy their own lamp. then only activate 1. both ppl go in. Then upon exiting and dropping used lamps, activate the second?

Its probably been tried. but i'm curious how its blocked.

if not.. then I would think ppl would team up alot to get around the time gate.
By SimonSes 2019-02-14 13:50:37  
Its not about lamp. Its personal limit on your char.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-14 13:53:02  
I bet right now there is 5-10 people spamming the gate for t3 on asura
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-02-14 13:56:15  
“Assaults are easy”
Hmmm...

I distinctly remember like 5 Assaults being very difficult to clear solo just because of *** lol...

Of course there are... “wayz” around that but idk man.. still annoying lol

To Buukki’s credit though he’s right; just do it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-14 13:57:24  
It's not conspiracy, just the nature of the Asura greed beast. Most of the population here is multi boxing everything from Sparks to voidwatch to ambuscade and everything in between, and botting is just as common. The end result is a bunch of people who don't feel the need to interact with real human players or groups of players at all unless they need their assistance. Simply adding an extra body to your entry, whether it be einherjar or card farming or UNM/VW is somehow encumbering, and they'll just pretend you don't exist, even if it would benefit everybody in general to bring an extra person along.

If you're on Asura, this is just one of the things you'll have work around whatever goals you have. It's a slight annoyance but a small price to pay for other benefits of a large server. The good thing is, it appears to be the worst only some times vs all of the time if you plan it properly.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-02-14 14:00:02  
Helpful tip:
If you happen to have a healer alt that you use, do all of it’s mythic requirements at the same time.

That way you’re doing the legwork for Tizona as well as Yagrush/Carwenhein at the same time. You’d only need to farm Alex again, that’s all

Yagrush on a mule is SUPER useful
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-02-14 14:32:58  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Helpful tip:
If you happen to have a healer alt that you use, do all of it’s mythic requirements at the same time.

That way you’re doing the legwork for Tizona as well as Yagrush/Carwenhein at the same time. You’d only need to farm Alex again, that’s all

Yagrush on a mule is SUPER useful

I did this in reverse while making a Nirvana on one of my alts, but I've been dragging my feet on the Alexandrite to finish Yagrush.
By Jetackuu 2019-02-14 15:20:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Wow. that is crazy. Another reason I'm glad I'm not on Asura :P
I would think I would team up as much as possible. but maybe there is a block on that?
... has anyone tried, having 2 characters, each buy their own lamp. then only activate 1. both ppl go in. Then upon exiting and dropping used lamps, activate the second?

Its probably been tried. but i'm curious how its blocked.

if not.. then I would think ppl would team up alot to get around the time gate.
There's a 1 hour RL wait regardless of who uses the lamp. Aside from a few particular assaults that are annoying, one of the worst parts, imo.
By kishr 2019-02-14 17:52:23  
How this turn into spamming a t3 door?

Question was how long, he got answered, let thread die.... Damn
By Jetackuu 2019-02-14 18:05:59  
Ok so I am back after not playing in 3 years and I was hoping someone can give me a realistic time frame to make a Tizona. Assuming I am starting from scratch how long would it take to make now?

Well considering you have the money, about a week or more depending how fast/slow you are.

Assuming you don't have captain, nyzul 100 clear, zone boss titles, yeah about a week or so. The hardest timelock is the einherjar, well that and assaults if you don't have the Rhapsody KI.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-02-18 10:14:43  
Two minor details, having someone say "it'll take you a week, a day, a month, whatever" is very relative to your playtime. Playing 12 hours a day? Yep sure, you can knock out assaults from scratch including getting captain. Playing 2? You're looking at a week. Estimations of course, but you get the idea.

Other detail, people like to assume the best gil/hour to aquire alex is to um, farm alex. For many that just isnt the case. If you can make 4M an hour doing something else, it's probably worthwhile to do that and just buying the alex. Especially, around the time new ambu launches when people often offload them for a bit cheaper. Alex really isn't one of the most profitable things to do, but it is one of the easiest, hence the normally decent supply/prices.

All the rest, carry on. It is mind numbing. I did captain rank the other day and spend around 4 hours to do the last 75% or so. I was burning through them, but there are alot and a handful just take more than a few mins as it's some gimmicky stuff rather than just kill whatever is in front of you. For instance the last round for captain where you kill NMs only was by FAR the fastest set. Those took like 30 seconds each tops once inside, most of the time was spent getting KI and walking to the portal > entrance.