Schah Melee Burn 36s
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-27 19:51:05  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Probably a more consistent strat as long as you have the firepower since Asylum will ensure you don't get pegged with amnesia? Unless there was a mewer being used in the SMN strat.

Not sure Asylum can block amnesia (xiu got hit with it) the premise was using asylum to block dispels

Monetia's and other tonics have made < 2min melee burns possible on some of the more annoying status effect fights like Vinipata/Albumen by making you immune to certain status effects for 30s or so.

We usually use tonics for the first 30, then odyllic subterfuge for the next 30, then asylum for the last bit. Asylum will block amnesia.
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2019-02-27 20:57:16  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Asylum will block amnesia.
Amnesia landed on me about 10 seconds after Asylum was applied.

(Edit: Poor quantifier in your statement.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-27 21:49:46  
Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »

The effect is basically the same as Elemental Seal but for resistances. Elemental Seal doesn't make it so your spells land guaranteed, it just increases your MACC by a lot.

Imagine it as "Resist all status effects+" like Staunch Tathlum with a high value.
By Afania 2019-02-27 21:58:40  
Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »

The effect is basically the same as Elemental Seal but for resistances. Elemental Seal doesn't make it so your spells land guaranteed, it just increases your MACC by a lot.

Imagine it as "Resist all status effects+" like Staunch Tathlum with a high value.

From my experience if a status ailment is design to land asylum will never work and vice versa.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-27 22:08:10  
I consider Albumen to be a more serious Amesia fight. With fire buffs and the method described (Moneta's, Odyllic, Asylum), amnesia is generally not an issue.

Could also do double RUN DD since it's easy to cap attack on RUN in Escha. Rotate Odyllic and keep runes and you'll not get amnesia.
By Draylo 2019-02-28 00:30:56  
MS zerging is just as boring as AC zerging, honestly don't see a difference to be some point of pride thing. Slowly creeping to the point where we were, when like 3 DD were king and the rest were causalities. Yet nobody going around creating a billion threads for those jobs, like usual. But cool vid.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-02-28 01:30:11  
Asura.Frod said: »
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
^
By SimonSes 2019-02-28 03:47:34  
Draylo said: »
MS zerging is just as boring as AC zerging, honestly don't see a difference to be some point of pride thing. Slowly creeping to the point where we were, when like 3 DD were king and the rest were causalities. Yet nobody going around creating a billion threads for those jobs, like usual. But cool vid.

Pretty sure Lex was just surprised by this outcome rather than proud.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-28 04:06:58  
SimonSes said: »

Pretty sure Lex was just surprised by this outcome rather than proud.
Guess it's because we don't know him as well but he sounds proud rather than surprised.

I don't mind either way personally.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-02-28 04:35:52  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Guess it's because we don't know him as well but he sounds proud rather than surprised.

Both to be honest, surprised that it actually worked, and proud and happy that we did this. We were bored and looking for some fun and something different to do :o It was pretty damn fun. I can't speak for the others who were there but joy/lols were the prevalent emotion for me anyways.

Judging from our parse I don't think MS WARs are necessary but obviously would need top tier skilled DD/buffs/timing/situational awareness/etc and a bit of luck to replicate this without MS.
By SimonSes 2019-02-28 05:39:36  

Judging from our parse I don't think MS WARs are necessary but obviously would need top tier skilled DD/buffs/timing/situational awareness/etc and a bit of luck to replicate this without MS.

I still think DNC with 1hr would be superior here. -14% def down right of the bat, no TP spam, since you only do WSs and Climactic Rudra's should do way more than MS Resolution. The only disadvantage of 1hr DNC is that you are limited to like 8 Climactic Rudra in a row and then it's over. MS lasts longer, but I think most people on the video only did 6-7 WSs before the fight was over, so shouldn't be a problem.
By kishr 2019-02-28 06:30:26  
To all the dnc fanatics and bs posters make a pt and try it.
For now stfu.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-02-28 08:30:49  
Now bring this to Asura so I can stop seeing a bunch of gimp summoners that just made their Nirvana yesterday.
By fonewear 2019-02-28 08:40:46  
Also someone beat Schah in 30 seconds thereby making this thread useless.
By Taint 2019-02-28 09:25:05  

The difference is we have a dozen? melee/ranged DPS jobs vs SMN. SMNburn not only is boring you are limited to one job.

99% of the Nirvanas were made to gear other jobs that see very little use on the harder content.

One of things I liked about VW was taking different jobs for variety.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-28 09:59:27  
kishr said: »
To all the dnc fanatics and bs posters make a pt and try it.
For now stfu

No you stfu...
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-28 10:03:12  
I can really see 9 pages of this thread. It is that good.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-28 17:15:46  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Both to be honest, surprised that it actually worked, and proud and happy that we did this. We were bored and looking for some fun and something different to do :o It was pretty damn fun. I can't speak for the others who were there but joy/lols were the prevalent emotion for me anyways.

I'd wager just about any top-geared DD combo can get this done. You'd probably need at least 1 warrior for savagery though since it's mostly a bigger alliance DPS increase than Mighty Strikes.

Might give this a try with WAR,DRG,BLU.

Also dudes, so what if they're bragging a bit. We're in the middle of a content drought and doing ***like this keeps the people who have been clearing the hardest stuff in the game for 6+ months from dying out and quitting the game from boredom.

What are MMOs about if not a little competition/challenge among friends?
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-28 17:28:52  

lvl and gear grinding, making friends and conquer content with them?
at least thats what it originaly was ment to be befor boting, multiboxing and mercing was socially accepted.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-02-28 19:55:26  
I just came here to see people say stfu; the most important thing here obviously. Also who is Schah and what is a DD?

On serious note though, I've done melee and SMN, and to be honest some times I just hate some of the mobs regardless of which works best. Sometimes they just win and I figure I am just getting bad roll at the dice.

Shichishito said: »

lvl and gear grinding, making friends and conquer content with them?
at least thats what it originaly was ment to be befor boting, multiboxing and mercing was socially accepted.

I do a few of those things and let me point out, I have made more connections and friends this year mercing, than I ever have since I played FFXI.

Playing 6 accounts I have to grind gear 6 times as hard, and level that much as well.

I also find it much funner to attempt content on my own time frame with such accounts, and I can replace them as friends and said connections are available.

Boting can be so much though from one person to the next I wont even get in to it.

It is not some grand golden one way ticket to the top trust me. Bad days suck twice as much ****, and sometimes I just suck and forget to do things on an account during important fights that cost me not only gil, but a win. What you do get though is higher advantages statistically, (Obviously I have a greater chance of good drops from AMAN/Gob Box/Dial) and obviously 6 times as many sparks; which trust me is annoying as hell and boring as ***to do in the first place in my opinion. I dont even bother doing it much anymore unless I really need gil. If I get a super rare drop I want on two accounts though I still have to farm it that much more than others. More accounts means more mouths to feed and more work, blood, sweat and tears.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-02-28 20:40:40  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
More accounts means more mouths to feed and more work, blood, sweat and tears.

you don't need to share at all if you multibox a full party, which makes content like delve or vagary a lot more attractive to farm. there is also content like ambuscade or voidwatch that straight up multiplies your rewards by the amount of multiboxes you run without any extra time investment.

if you get OCD by the idea of your WHM not having top of the crop for all slots then thats your choice, not a requirment. but even if you go for BiS all the things its still MUCH more time efficient with a multibox than doing the same for a single character.
FFXI has a job system after all, if you want to pimp out GEO and SAM on a solo account you have to invest almost the same amount of gil as if you had a dualbox but not the income of a dualbox with one on SAM the other on GEO.

sure there is some equip that you can use on multiple jobs but most of the realy pricy stuff like torques or +2 crafting weapons are job specific at the moment.

no need to sugarcoat it, multiboxing is the pay2win model of this game.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-28 20:47:32  
Jdove said: »
Taint said: »

The difference is we have a dozen? melee/ranged DPS jobs vs SMN. SMNburn not only is boring you are limited to one job.

99% of the Nirvanas were made to gear other jobs that see very little use on the harder content.

Theres also tons of other things for people to do on all the other jobs like dyna ambuscade htb quit acting like helms are the only content in the game and the sad thing about nirvana is it isnt even needed its close enough to the jse your staff dont matter its your other bp gear that makes the real difference

I agree that Just having a nirvana doesnt make you good, you need all the good BP gear aswell, But the JSE is no where near close to nirvana during AM3
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-28 21:05:26  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Taint said: »

Theres also tons of other things for people to do on all the other jobs like dyna ambuscade htb quit acting like helms are the only content in the game and the sad thing about nirvana is it isnt even needed its close enough to the jse your staff dont matter its your other bp gear that makes the real difference

I agree that Just having a nirvana doesnt make you good, you need all the good BP gear aswell, But the JSE is no where near close to nirvana during AM3
Yes but if you put a smn with ***gear and nirvana vs a jse smn with awesome gear that jse smn will ***on the nirvana smn your staff doesnt magically make you good and ready to fight helms even if am3 is up
I know, I said that in my last post. I was BIS - nirvana on my smn and beat alot of nirvana in parse, but paired up against an equally geared smn + nirvana? with JSE id lose by 200-300k difference in the parse. I see that same thing now that I have a nirvana but from a different point of view
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-28 21:08:09  
Speaking of, nirvana officially took #1 mythic today.

Burtgang had a sad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-02-28 21:08:24  

you don't need to share at all if you multibox a full party, which makes content like delve or vagary a lot more attractive to farm. there is also content like ambuscade or voidwatch that straight up multiplies your rewards by the amount of multiboxes you run without any extra time investment.

if you get OCD by the idea of your WHM not having top of the crop for all slots then thats your choice, not a requirment. but even if you go for BiS all the things its still MUCH more time efficient with a multibox than doing the same for a single character.
FFXI has a job system after all, if you want to pimp out GEO and SAM on a solo account you have to invest almost the same amount of gil as if you had a dualbox but not the income of a dualbox with one on SAM the other on GEO.

sure there is some equip that you can use on multiple jobs but most of the realy pricy stuff like torques or +2 crafting weapons are job specific at the moment.

Have you ever tried to 6 box a ambuscade, or even 4 box? I seriously hate even doing ambuscade for the fact that there is so much annoying stuff going on its just not worth it to me. Sure I can do it one account at a time, but then so could anyone with another character.

I'm not sugar coating at all, I'm saying some times I hate it so much. Its not entirely as splendid as those who hate it so much make it out to be. I could do it on E or N lately, but D or VD is not something in my capability with out using some sort actual bots.

At a certain point: which most of us are there. We only have other jobs to look forward to in investing time/gil. Most of our main jobs are pretty much there, so sure you may be right, but I had most my character done a long time ago. Most gear isn't even hard to obtain. Matter a fact, a lot of people fail to realize the less people you have the more likely you are to succeed if you play smart. Before I had multiple account I could solo all of zitah, most of ru'aun, and a lot of T1/T2 reisen. What else is there? SR? Easily able to be duo'ed. Missions? Quest? I think not.

The other night I spent 300 pop items for an abjuraiton, having 6 accounts sure as hell didn't make that any easier.

Most stuff is not as hard as one would think it is if you make some connections, and play smarter. I'm at a point where I just play to screw off. That's all that's in it for me. Its purely just to have fun.

The only advantage is points, and in some instances, being able buff yourself; which still requires you to gear.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-28 21:15:37  

Have you ever tried to 6 box a ambuscade, or even 4 box? I seriously hate even doing ambuscade for the fact that there is so much annoying stuff going on its just not worth it to me. Sure I can do it one account at a time, but then so could anyone with another character.

I'm not sugar coating at all, I'm saying some times I hate it so much. Its not entirely as splendid as those who hate it so much make it out to be. I could do it on E or N lately, but D or VD is not something in my capability with out using some sort actual bots.

At a certain point: which most of us are there. We only have other jobs to look forward to in investing time/gil. Most of our main jobs are pretty much there, so sure you may be right, but I had most my character done a long time ago. Most gear isn't even hard to obtain. Matter a fact, a lot of people fail to realize the less people you have the more likely you are to succeed if you play smart. Before I had multiple account I could solo all of zitah, most of ru'aun, and a lot of T1/T2 reisen. What else is there? SR? Easily able to be duo'ed. Missions? Quest? I think not.

The other night I spent 300 pop items for an abjuraiton, having 6 accounts sure as hell didn't make that any easier.

Most stuff is not as hard as one would think it is if you make some connections, and play smarter. I'm at a point where I just play to screw off. That's all that's in it for me. Its purely just to have fun.

The only advantage is points, and in some instances, being able buff yourself; which still requires you to gear.

people using 3+ alts are botting, thats just a fact lol. and 300PI for a drop? Yea having 1 alt with TH would of helped