users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Timers - Up|Down
Timers - Up|Down
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-02-27 11:42:10  
Hi. I'm trying to create a timer that ticks upwards from 0 and going by the documentation tried the following:

//timers create test 60 up

This creates a custom timer that counts DOWN from 60. I was using the documentation provided from the //timers help command. Does anyone know if this was never implemented or if I am doing something wrong? Thanks.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-02-28 15:30:26  
Me too - looks borked.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-02-28 17:20:41  
It looks like it is implemented and should be working.
There is a comment that states it is a "TODO" but that comment appears to be out of date.

I will try to take a look at it tonight, to see if anything wonky is happening.

|Looked Into It|:
| Looked into it, The up|down does "work".
|
| When you set the value to up the bar fills up.
| when you set it to down it clears out.
|
| The time however is always counting down from the set value.
| That is the intended behavior, and is not something that will be changed.
VIP
By Iryoku 2019-02-28 21:54:51  
It's working as intended, there's nothing to change. The timer is supposed to count down in all cases, the only thing that changes is whether the bar fills or empties.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-02-28 22:15:13  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
Hi. I'm trying to create a timer that ticks upwards from 0 and going by the documentation tried the following:

This creates a custom timer that counts DOWN from 60. I was using the documentation provided from the //timers help command. Does anyone know if this was never implemented or if I am doing something wrong? Thanks.
Out of curiosity what is you use case that you wanted it to count up with a set duration anyway? or did you not want a set duration and just wanted ti to keep counting up and if so still for what purpose?
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-01 09:14:49  
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
It looks like it is implemented and should be working.
There is a comment that states it is a "TODO" but that comment appears to be out of date.

I will try to take a look at it tonight, to see if anything wonky is happening.

|Looked Into It|:
| Looked into it, The up|down does "work".
|
| When you set the value to up the bar fills up.
| when you set it to down it clears out.
|
| The time however is always counting down from the set value.
| That is the intended behavior, and is not something that will be changed.

Iryoku said: »
It's working as intended, there's nothing to change. The timer is supposed to count down in all cases, the only thing that changes is whether the bar fills or empties.

Thank you for confirming this. I don't use the graphical mode so I would never have noticed that.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »

Out of curiosity what is you use case that you wanted it to count up with a set duration anyway? or did you not want a set duration and just wanted ti to keep counting up and if so still for what purpose?

Yes the idea was to set a display to the screen to track things without a set duration. Admittedly, this was more so my attempting at working around learning how to write such a display using Windower myself. I was brainstorming ideas such as an overlay which tracks my gearswap sets, like TP Set for example, using commands in gearswap to create timers. Lockstyle often has me in PDT/MDT sets which I notice much later than I should lol.

I don't care for equip-viewer either.

There are a few more examples. I keep Geo/Indi spells stored in an array instead of having many different macros. Again the idea would be to display in a custom timer.
Indi Spell: Fury
Geo Spell: Frailty

Same concept with COR rolls A/B.

Again, all brainstorming. Thank you for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it.

EDIT:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53429/jobdisplay-addon/#3416034
 Asura.Kurairyu
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kurairyu 2019-03-27 23:12:24  
I have a question regarding the Timer Plugin. I have noticed that my buffs and debuffs icons that appear always count up from 0, so I never know when a debuff will run out is there a way to fix it. For example I was terrorized by a mob and instead of it counting down the second this will last it counted up from 0 until it worn off.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-03-28 13:21:33  
I don't think timers ever automatically read your debuffs and displayed them. You probably have some custom code somewhere (maybe in your gearswap file) that detects the incoming debuff and creates the timer. If this is the case, it can be made stronger, as the server sends the remaining time of a debuff.

I'm unsure if the debuff time the server sends is always in the format of seconds. When a debuff is > 1m, it simply displays "1m" but that range is somewhere between 60s and 119s.

No idea why it doesn't work for your buffs though.