Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Powerful DD ultimate weapons
Powerful DD ultimate weapons
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By sefalon 2019-03-02 10:39:21  
Is there a thread that discusses or ranks best DD weapons as of now? I am making Tizona but I would like to make a weapon for other DDs and I want to not waste money on a inferior weapon. So if someone can give me advice or send me to a thread that has weapons ranked I would appreciate it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-02 10:52:27  
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-02 11:00:26  
sefalon said: »
Is there a thread that discusses or ranks best DD weapons as of now? I am making Tizona but I would like to make a weapon for other DDs and I want to not waste money on a inferior weapon. So if someone can give me advice or send me to a thread that has weapons ranked I would appreciate it.

I would say you should make all of them. Then test them yourself. That is the only way to determine which weapon is truly the best !
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-03-02 11:01:16  
Trolls will be trolls. I suggest going into the job category you would like to play and see what the best DPS weapon is atm. There’s a lot of existing threads arguing this for jobs. It becomes redundant after a while when other people ask for the same thing without reading previous threads.

EDIT: I love my R15 Caladbolg. It destroys. I don’t have a Lib on this char so I could make that if I wanted. I’ve seen some evidence where that wins over Caladbolg but I guess it’s a matter of preference. I also made a R15 Apoc because it’s our signature weapon. It won’t win on parse but it’s also not the worse and can keep you alive while DDing. My 2 cents for DRK.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-02 11:08:46  
I need an Excel spreadsheet to determine which weapon is truly the best.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-02 11:26:24  
Would probably be better if you stated a specific job. There are like 80 REMA weapons...
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-02 11:29:16  
I'm going to list the pros and cons of every REMA weapon.

REMA weapon:

Pro: it gives you something to do in FFXI

Con: it requires time/gil

There you have it my detailed analysis of all REMA weapons.
[+]
By sefalon 2019-03-02 11:29:41  
I was hoping there was thread I can pop over and read wasn’t trying to trigger everyone. Sometimes there is a easy answer not asking anyone to go out of there way. I tried looking myself and have not found a thread. Just wanted to read peoples thoughts so I can make a good weapon. I have only been back to the game for a few weeks and I have 119 gear and weapons but obviously need to upgrade to get into harder content. Thanks for the input
By fonewear 2019-03-02 11:31:28  
It would take a lot of time and effort to go through every single DD weapon REMA. It would be best to pick one job you really like. Determine which is best for your time/gil/difficulty to obtain And go from there.
By sefalon 2019-03-02 11:33:41  
Narrowing it down was thinking between war drk and Sam.. if you are saying that they are all on or damage wise then I will just do UKON since I have 119 apoc already.
By fonewear 2019-03-02 11:36:59  
That is a good place to start. Honestly at this point in the game making REMA weapons is a pretty big part of the content. So I wouldn't limit yourself to one weapon per job.

You will probably want to work on 2 or 3.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-02 11:38:06  
A better idea would be to tell us what jobs you want/plan to level then we can give you an answer.

because for example, atm, I believe the best weapon for war is the damn ambu axe lmao

but typically.
War = Chango
Drk = Caladbolg
Sam = Masamune / Doji if solo or only dps
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-02 11:43:46  
IMO
Drk

Clad> Anguta> Liberator> Apoc> Trash> Ragnorok
(Not Sure about empty scythe don’t see anyone with it)

War
Chango> Ukon> Conqueror> >Bravura> trash> Ragnorok

Tho from the sounds of it, it’s really chango or bust
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-02 11:45:20  
Asura.Topace said: »
IMO
Drk

Clad> Anguta> Liberator> Apoc> Trash> Ragnorok
(Not Sure about empty scythe don’t see anyone with it)

War
Chango> Ukon> Conqueror> >Bravura> trash> Ragnorok

Tho from the sounds of it, it’s really chango or bust

Kaja axe or gtfo
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-03-02 11:47:11  
There are a ton of threads discussing weapons.

There's no guarantee you won't waste gil. An update can quickly remove a flavor of the week from the limelight.

Hi2u imposed 80% haste cap, Mythics, Empyrean, bloodrage nerf, Adoulin, Delve, certain RoV weapons, Aeonics, and nearing the conclusion of Ambuscade.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8tscll/how_would_you_rank_all_rema_weapons_for_all_jobs/

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52780/new-rema-augments-full-list/

Other side of the spectrum:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51881/worst-rema
[+]
By sefalon 2019-03-02 11:48:05  
I understand and I have all jobs 99 and honestly i enjoy all of them. There has always been a preferred DD when I played years ago. If you were 5 of 6 and just wanted a strong DD would you not care what job it is as long as it’s geared? I will just do as suggested and go through all the job pages. Thank you for the input.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-02 11:54:57  
I understand and I have all jobs 99 and honestly i enjoy all of them. There has always been a preferred DD when I played years ago. If you were 5 of 6 and just wanted a strong DD would you not care what job it is as long as it’s geared? I will just do as suggested and go through all the job pages. Thank you for the input.

Theres DD and Strong DD. The latter falls into the category of Heavy dps which means war sam drk and on rare occurrence, Drg. With war drk and sam pretty safe to just stay with empy/aeonic on all 3, albiet drk's glory is empy GS. and dont waste gil on the relics/mythics for any of those jobs.
[+]
By Taint 2019-03-02 12:14:35  
At rank15

DRK - Cala/Lib also make Apoc cause DRK
WAR - Chango
SAM - Masa
MNK - Vere
NIN - Kikoku (MetsuBestu)
RNG - Foma/Gast
BLU - Tizona
[+]
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-03-02 12:44:15  
Taint said: »
At rank15

WAR - Chango
SAM - Masa
MNK - Vere
RNG - Anni/Gast
BLU - Tizona

fixed
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-02 12:47:50  
SE has done a lot to "try" and even out the playing field so two well-geared DDs vying for a spot can both fill the role competently. Its not perfect, but they're trying.

In addition, what type of damage you want to deal comes in to play. If we're talking a situation where multiple DDs are just throwing out WSs willy-nilly without need for skillchains, well tons can fill that role nicely and I'd be more concerned about their general gear than anything. If I wanted a DD who could deal magical damage, I'd probably lean towards COR or RNG with the proper weaponry (Death Penalty and Gastraphetes, respectively). If I wanted multistep chains, the benefits of WAR and SAM are certainly there. If my party wasn't already haste capped or just buff-deprived in general, a BLU comes to mind with Mighty Guard in addition to their weapon of choice.

My general point is- these days in game you can build a helluva lot of different weapons for different jobs and be welcome to events if you are attentive and play your job's role well. I also get the impression that you are a returning player- well, its a LOT easier to build said RMEAs today than it was 5 years ago, so the choice isn't some crucial matter where once you pick one, all of your resources for a year+ are committed to that choice. Pick something that has meaning to you as your first, and then the RMEA bug will take over and off you go.

edit:in addition, I wish I could +1 Eiryl's post a thousand times just for using House in a Meme. That alone was pure gold.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2019-03-02 12:49:52  
Ragnarok.Haxetc said: »
At rank15

WAR - Chango
SAM - Masa
MNK - Vere
RNG - Anni/Gast
BLU - Tizona

fixed
mah boy
By Taint 2019-03-02 13:03:43  
At rank15

WAR - Chango
SAM - Masa
MNK - Vere
RNG - Anni/Gast
BLU - Tizona

fixed

Anni is a sleeper R15 weapon, very rarely discussed and very strong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-02 13:12:22  
At rank15

WAR - Chango
SAM - Masa
MNK - Vere
RNG - Anni/Gast
BLU - Tizona

fixed

Can't agree with this more. When SE added STP to the Anni, it was such a godsend. I've loved my Anni since the day it was AG'ed, but the rate it gets better with the RP system is just amazing. Not to mention the freedom that it gives us to just go all out without fear of ripping hate. I dunno if I'd place it higher than Fomalhaut in terms of raw damage as neither of them are a full R15 for me yet, but the combination of safety plus raw damage Annihilator grants a RNG...well that can't be beat for physical weapon choices.
 Bahamut.Dbaggins
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-03-02 13:19:46  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
At rank15

WAR - Chango
SAM - Masa
MNK - Vere
RNG - Anni/Gast
BLU - Tizona

fixed

Can't agree with this more. When SE added STP to the Anni, it was such a godsend. I've loved my Anni since the day it was AG'ed, but the rate it gets better with the RP system is just amazing. Not to mention the freedom that it gives us to just go all out without fear of ripping hate. I dunno if I'd place it higher than Fomalhaut in terms of raw damage as neither of them are a full R15 for me yet, but the combination of safety plus raw damage Annihilator grants a RNG...well that can't be beat for physical weapon choices.

For real...coronach is super consistent damage too, so easy to cap -50 enmity in ws set with aftermath up, plus the fact you can sit there and go all out full time with it is great. Definitely doesn’t get the recognition because of the wild *** numbers you can get with last stand spam with Fomal, but that’s only great for fights where enmity is of no concern and you just gotta melt ***.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-02 13:23:51  
and can still rock self-chaining Light with Coronach->Last Stand and vice versa, or with another RNG or COR doing the Last Stand part, even without Fomalhaut Last Stand. Nah, its not gonna be as much straight up dps numbers as Fomalhaut, but again- safety and consistency combined with my favorite adage: Dead DDs Don't Dps.
 Bahamut.Dbaggins
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-03-02 13:30:47  
Yeah that’s one of the best parts of coronach too, dark/frag is such a great sc property for either self dark spam, or making those light sc with last stand. Anni is one of those weapons that it’s utility was so damn good that they’re STILL good all these years later. Nothing like being able to pop a mob with coronach as it’s being pulled and not being worried about pulling hate off even so much as just a flash lol
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-03-02 14:52:10  
The highest dps rmea are idris, marsyas, daurdabla and g horn. Anything else is just riding off their success.
[+]
By sefalon 2019-03-02 16:29:56  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
SE has done a lot to "try" and even out the playing field so two well-geared DDs vying for a spot can both fill the role competently. Its not perfect, but they're trying.

In addition, what type of damage you want to deal comes in to play. If we're talking a situation where multiple DDs are just throwing out WSs willy-nilly without need for skillchains, well tons can fill that role nicely and I'd be more concerned about their general gear than anything. If I wanted a DD who could deal magical damage, I'd probably lean towards COR or RNG with the proper weaponry (Death Penalty and Gastraphetes, respectively). If I wanted multistep chains, the benefits of WAR and SAM are certainly there. If my party wasn't already haste capped or just buff-deprived in general, a BLU comes to mind with Mighty Guard in addition to their weapon of choice.

My general point is- these days in game you can build a helluva lot of different weapons for different jobs and be welcome to events if you are attentive and play your job's role well. I also get the impression that you are a returning player- well, its a LOT easier to build said RMEAs today than it was 5 years ago, so the choice isn't some crucial matter where once you pick one, all of your resources for a year+ are committed to that choice. Pick something that has meaning to you as your first, and then the RMEA bug will take over and off you go.

edit:in addition, I wish I could +1 Eiryl's post a thousand times just for using House in a Meme. That alone was pure gold.

Thank for this response. I actually have 119 anni was last weapon I made before I quit. I didn’t know if I should continue to upgrade it or not. I have Apoc 75 as of yesterday. I saw that a lot weapons are easier to make but the way I made Gil has been crippled. When I quit dynamis currency was 6-8k now it’s worth 1-3 so I might have to find other ways to make Gil if I want to make multiple weapons. I wanted to get into ambuscade my character needs more work. Ty again everyone.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-02 19:22:14  

but the way I made Gil has been crippled. When I quit dynamis currency was 6-8k now it’s worth 1-3 so I might have to find other ways to make Gil if I want to make multiple weapons.

don't be too frazzled or confused on how to make gil. While the gil you make may seem less, the gil you need is also less.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-03-02 20:49:18  
Phoenix.Erics said: »
The highest dps rmea are idris, marsyas, daurdabla and g horn. Anything else is just riding off their success.

And those Rostam cor rolls... get on them coattails.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8