How Do I Get Good At The Game?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How do I get good at the game?
How do I get good at the game?
By Cronnus 2019-03-08 15:11:03  
Heres some advice. I dont know if it will help or not. I'm not gonna put this guys name on blast, but I'll call him Joe for this. And I've noticed this with a lot of Joe's.

Joe hears "Blu is the best DD in the game" and runs out and mercs literally every part of blu. Almace, tiz. Even the job itself to 99. Plays the job to master and finds out hes not doing even close to some of the best BLUs in the game. Hes not seeing the same numbers. Then he sees one of our CORs doing high Leaden damage. So what does he do? Goes out mercs everything again and still cant come close to our main cors parses. THEN he hears about smn.

Actually level your job to 99. Learn it. Get good at it. Slowly gear it. Find what works. Read forums. If you aren't making use of your job abilities. Or know that one might cancel out another and somehow your dual wielding remas? You really need to learn your job. All the gear in the game wont make you good.
By fonewear 2019-03-08 17:48:57  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I proved somebody wrong on the internet after him screeching at me about Twashtar for the better part of an hour. Does that mean I'm good at the game?
yes. (if you convinced him Kaja Axe was better than Twash)

guy was shouting on Facebook (lol) about how Twashtar was the best endgame Dancer weapon at R15, used a spreadsheet table to try to prove me wrong that Terpischore was more practical for most relevant content, I used the same spreadsheet table to prove him wrong, then he said the spreadsheet table was wrong because the results were written by a soloer (?????)

After being proven wrong on that he went on to say that Dancer was just a terrible job and none of this mattered anyway because Death Penalty was better (??????????????)

Facebook, ladies and gentlemen

That's a cool story and these types of cool stories enrich the FFXIAH community.

Please post threads of this quality every day to make FFXIAH the greatest website of all time.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-08 17:56:42  
fonewear said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I proved somebody wrong on the internet after him screeching at me about Twashtar for the better part of an hour. Does that mean I'm good at the game?
yes. (if you convinced him Kaja Axe was better than Twash)

guy was shouting on Facebook (lol) about how Twashtar was the best endgame Dancer weapon at R15, used a spreadsheet table to try to prove me wrong that Terpischore was more practical for most relevant content, I used the same spreadsheet table to prove him wrong, then he said the spreadsheet table was wrong because the results were written by a soloer (?????)

After being proven wrong on that he went on to say that Dancer was just a terrible job and none of this mattered anyway because Death Penalty was better (??????????????)

Facebook, ladies and gentlemen

That's a cool story and these types of cool stories enrich the FFXIAH community.

Please post threads of this quality every day to make FFXIAH the greatest website of all time.

Didnt Terp get *** by the dnc update?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-08 18:26:10  
It hurt it but I wouldn't say it got ***.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-03-08 18:55:49  
Wanna be gewd?
*** that... that's easy.
but to be bad, craptacular, I mean troll level horrible at just the right time and ruin a 2.75hr HELM pop that took forever to organize and to waste the most time possible...

That takes some frickin skill.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-08 19:34:17  
huttburt<3 said: »
Wanna be gewd?
*** that... that's easy.
but to be bad, craptacular, I mean troll level horrible at just the right time and ruin a 2.75hr HELM pop that took forever to organize and to waste the most time possible...

That takes some frickin skill.

Most people who think being 'good' is easy, are decent at best.

The reason people are able to *** up helms pops is because if this Dunnings-Kruger effect that half the playerbase seems to have, where they think if they can quintuple the parse of someone in sparks gear, that must mean they are "good", when in reality they lag far behind people who actually know what they are doing.
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 20:25:06  
lies! its all about the parse of course.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-03-08 20:28:29  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
Use this

to buy gil to buy these

to raise this number

and then you will become the best.

lol why did you copy my stuff
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-08 23:44:47  
Because it was the first thing I could click on and didn't want to go fishing around for other examples of people who had every REMA.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-09 03:16:19  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
DaneBlood said: »
I have acquired old photage of elite old school EXP parties

https://cdn.ffxipro.com/images/ss/mid/v8TKk5vH0veDqp1C.jpg
Fake, no one invites a magic DD to colibri. That's just asking to get 1shot.
I remember being invited to a colibri party on BLM ... well it wasn't a colibri party when I joined but after a few levels we moved to colibris.
I didn't only cast Freeze; I also cast Blizzaga II.
Happy memories ^_^
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-03-09 03:52:38  
"Easy" steps to get good:

- Communicate well: ask questions, and also ask "why", which brings me to the next point:

- Learn: read up on guides to get recommendations on how to play the job, what gear sets to aim for, and so on. Also read up on events and how they work.

- Activity: don't sit in town waiting for hand outs, take an active stance; build your own parties. There are tons of events to keep you busy for ages. If you want to get stuff, it always helps to begin. I.e. questing for Ergons, Mythics, AF upgrades, etc.

- Patience: this is Square-Enix, nothing comes (too) easy. Drop rates may suck in certain events, for sought after pieces. These are not essential, usually, but work well as bait to keep playing (paying subs).

- Attention: for some people this seems to be the hardest. Don't do a long afk without letting people know. Keep the window visible, or at least leave sound on for <calls> for when people need to get your attention. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game, then why play?

This "guide" is not exhaustive, just some top of the mind reflections.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-09 08:45:02  
How I play FFXI:

[+]