users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUPdate
PUPdate
 Leviathan.Joltz
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: joltz18
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 00:38:48  
anyone else not really impressed with the new attachments we got? The only one I feel like it'd be worth getting is Truesights :(
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 00:44:30  
Weapon Damage attachments could as much as double damage, no way to know yet. that's "yuuuge"

With OD it could even triple.
By Nocki 2019-03-11 00:46:17  
I am only here to express my disappointment that this thread is not called PUPdate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joltz
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 00:48:37  
This is true. I suppose if the WD attachment stacks with Truesight, and the Su5 path C, could be a huge dmg increase for the SS frame
 Leviathan.Joltz
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 00:49:58  
Nocki said: »
I am only here to express my disappointment that this thread is not called PUPdate.
changed! hahaha
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-11 02:00:29  
Initial thoughts running into Dho gates. Not impressed at all.
 Leviathan.Joltz
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 02:11:58  
so, i'm testing out the new attachments, aaaand....fire, fire, wind is doing WAY more than fire,fire,light...attachements are magniplug 1+2, tension spring 5, attuner, turbo charger 1+2, truesight, scope 4, coiler 2, OF 1+2 ARK 4...(really don't need scope 4, was just testing to see if it had any effect on armor shatterer/piercer cuz i never use scopes)
 Leviathan.Joltz
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 02:13:14  
i'm getting an increase in dmg from 9k ballistas, to about 22k's (decently geared)
 Carbuncle.Xylus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: DaDrifter
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 02:38:26  
That is a huge difference. About to test it out with Xiucoatl (Path C) and different gear sets. Normal was depending on target and attachments was 11-15k. If I see upwards of 25-30k I am happy with that. Did with they separated Inhibitor Store TP from the Improves TP usage efficiency. That alone would have been a huge boost to PUP DD potential.
 Leviathan.Joltz
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 02:43:44  
I didn't see anything like that in the patch notes. I should have also mentioned i'm using Su5 path C as well, switching to full pet WS set as soon as it hits 1k TP. Before the update, i couldn't for the life of me, break 12k ballistas (highest i've ever gotten, normal for me was about 9k), now i'm getting 20-22k's, i'm about to bring out my cor friend for buffs and see if i can get higher, i'm doing apex raptors in moh gates.
 Carbuncle.Xylus
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 03:23:30  
I will go try out Apex Bats, Crabs and Jagils in Dho Gates. This way I can see the difference between piercing and non piecing weakness. Will tag my COR along as well and a GEO for good measure.
By sharazisspecial 2019-03-11 04:00:15  
With all three attachments Truesights, Magniplug 1 & 2
Armor Shatterer hits about hard as Daze in overdrive
Wind,Fire,Light vs Thunder,Fire,Light
28k vs 30k
Ranged Attacks also hit harder in overdrive with Fire,Wind,Light vs Fire,Thunder,Light
6.5k vs 4k

No new attachments Fire,Fire,Light
18k Arcuballista
With the 3 new attachments Fire,Fire,Light
24k Arcuballista

No new attachments Wind,Wind, Fire or Light
9.5k Armor Shatterer
With the 3 new attachments Wind,Wind, Fire or Light
14.5k Armor Shatterer

Tests were done on Porxies
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-11 04:23:20  
Magniplug and Truesights stack then?
By sharazisspecial 2019-03-11 04:25:20  
Ruaumoko said: »
Magniplug and Truesights stack then?

Yes they do and I did test them separately.
Armor shatterer does benefit more from Truesights and Arcuballista benefits more from Magniplugs.
 Carbuncle.Xylus
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 04:39:35  
What are your targets and gear sets for those numbers? What are your other attachments? I for some reason am just not seeing those numbers normal outside of COR/GEO buffs trying both hybid VE/SS and SS/SS setup.

I assume...
Tension Spring V
Inhibitor I + II (maybe you go with more Tension Spring here)
Optical Fiber I + II
Auto-repair Kit IV
Armor Plate IV
Coiler II
Turbo Charger II
*Magniplug I +II
*Truesights

Maybe I am missing something? Is this under OD? Maybe my augments are not optimal.
 Leviathan.Joltz
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-03-11 04:50:54  
i was getting 28-30k Arcuballista on apex bats no cor/geo
By sharazisspecial 2019-03-11 05:00:20  
Porxies in Reisenjima
Su5 @ 23%
Dispersal Mantle,Pitre Tobe +3
Empyrean Head,Hands,Legs
Herc legs +14 dex

Atunner, Tenspring V, Magniplug 1 and 2
Truesight,Turbo charger I and II
Target Marker
Armor Plate IV
ARK IV, Ofiber 1 and 2
 Carbuncle.Xylus
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 05:00:23  
Leviathan.Joltz said: »

I tried the bats but stupid attack down. Maybe I will go to Inner Court and try those there. What is your attachments loadout and pet WS gear set?
By sharazisspecial 2019-03-11 05:01:42  
Carbuncle.Xylus said: »

I tried the bats but stupid attack down. Maybe I will go to Inner Court and try those there. What is your attachments loadout and pet WS gear set?

Try Atunner
 Carbuncle.Xylus
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 05:05:16  
sharazisspecial said: »
Carbuncle.Xylus said: »

Try Atunner

SOB. I guess I had attachment overload and complete neglected to equip that one which is normally on my loadout. What should be dropped though as to not nerf TP gain. I am guess TS 5 when solo pet SC or the Inhibitors in a spam PT setup or AP4 when defense is not a concern. Kind of wish they would have made an OF3 as well or increased the slots to 16 for more versitility since we not have more options making maxing elemental capacity a bit of a greater issues.

Okay I am seeing those numbers now but still on the low end. Silly me for pulling a noob move...I am still interested in seeing what some current Auto WS sets look like for comparison; have not tweaked/updated mine for a little while.
By sharazisspecial 2019-03-11 05:46:03  
Update made PUP burns and Overdrive stronger.
But PUP still has several flaws that need fixing...
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-03-11 05:56:29  
Has anyone tried to test out what that line in the notes about the Heatsink was all about?
Quote:
The Heatsink attachment will now lessen burden based on the number of maneuvers.
I could have sworn it already did what they say it does.
 Carbuncle.Xylus
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 06:16:21  
Asura.Karumac said: »
Has anyone tried to test out what that line in the notes about the Heatsink was all about?
Quote:
The Heatsink attachment will now lessen burden based on the number of maneuvers.
I could have sworn it already did what they say it does.

Without testing I assume since maneuvers are no longer erased and instead adds to burden, Heatsink may also lessen this effect of elemental transference to activate certain abilities, like Barrage Turbine, Flame Holder, etc.
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-03-11 06:25:03  
Well as long as this is in addition to the old function of making burden decay faster then this is fine.
By sharazisspecial 2019-03-11 06:34:33  
Imo I would say the best thing about this update is that
"newer" PUPs without ws sets can use an Armor Shatterer TP set more effectively.

Previously in my PUP-burn adventures in Ambu. Newer pups who didn't have Arcu/Daze WS sets. Fell so behind because of the huge difference in regular and especially OD WS numbers between Armor
Shatterer and Arcuballista/Daze.
E.g Daze was hitting 20k for me and Armor shatterer 10k

But now Overdrive TP set Armor Shatterer hits as hard as WS set Daze/Arcu.
The selection pool of viable teammates for PUP-burn has increased :).
 Carbuncle.Xylus
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2019-03-11 06:54:13  
sharazisspecial said: »
Previously in my PUP-burn adventures in Ambu. Newer pups who didn't have Arcu/Daze WS sets. Fell so behind because of the huge difference in regular and especially OD WS numbers between Armor
Shatterer and Arcuballista/Daze.
E.g Daze was hitting 20k for me and Armor shatterer 10k

But now Overdrive TP set Armor Shatterer hits as hard as WS set Daze/Arcu.

What does your armor sets for both look like? I never fully built out a AS set since Arcuballista/Daze was much was the go to unless doing skillchains and I mostly focused the Arcuballista.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-03-11 08:00:39  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Initial thoughts running into Dho gates. Not impressed at all.

I thought PUPs were used to this?
By Heghmoh 2019-03-11 09:27:54  
Update seems ok...did a little testing on Apex Bats. in WS spam attachments I was averaging ~850 dps from the automaton alone. Overdrive up to 2500 (which is fairly nice). Inconclusive SC (Speedload/Inhibitor) combo because my trusts were interrupting constantly. Should just summon all supports and AAEV or something and try again.

Will wait for someone with a bigger brain and more regular PUP experience to math out the attachment combinations....but, my initial reaction is stacking both Magniplugs isn't worth the attachment slot...maybe just Magniplug 2?
By Teuphist 2019-03-12 18:23:34  
Heghmoh said: »
Should just summon all supports and AAEV or something and try again.

Use yourself as the tank as long as your sub can utilize a hate action of sorts.