Subs For COR?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Subs for COR?
Subs for COR?
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Makira
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2009-10-13 04:57:28  
Ok, so I've been leveling RNG for my COR so I could use something other than /NIN or /WHM, but now I'm being told RNG is useless because Barrage sucks as a sub...?

Right now my COR is only 64... but I'd like to use it for DD as much as possible. Is /SAM even an option?

Thank you ^.^
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-10-13 05:10:34  
I would say depends on your PT setup. If nin tank probably /whm to keep yourself and other DD taking hate alive.

If PLD tank, go with /rng or /sam. I've only seen a cor once or twice with /sam but /rng more often for sharpshot and barrage.
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-10-13 05:53:17  
The only subs I've used on COR were WAR, RNG, and NIN. I've personally never used /WHM. I find it useless. BRD/WHM get's more of a use from this in my opinion. I've never used /SAM, but it'd be interesting to experiment with.

All of my /RNG experiences were great. Sharpshot works wonders when combined with Barrage. Even as a sub, Barrage doesn't suck, say if you were /COR and only getting a fraction of the full roll. I've hit up to 900 with it.

Experiment with it. COR is a very versatile job. Some choose to play it more on the Support/Back Up Healing, where others choose to play it more on the DD/Support side. Really all depends on how much you plan on paying for the job. ^^
 Remora.Vitaru
サーバ: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-13 06:03:22  
for early levels /whm is better, at 60+ when tanks have better hate control abilities prolly /rng. and you can always /nin for pulls if your party needs one.

@75 when you get access to better gear /nin in meripos for joytoy/weapon and WS with a gun is a win ^^.

but /whm is nice also if you are with a manaburn group.

like Xeno said it's a versatile job.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-10-13 07:04:42  
Another option is COR/DNC, it's pretty good for Meripo if you have Joyeuse. Drain Samba helps gaining HP back for DDs who are not tanking, and if you're smart and fast enough you could wake up BRD if his/her lullaby got reflected. This would help your healer in party greatly.

Now i know what you're thinking "1 RDM is enough to cover the whole party", but Haste/Healing the whole party puts alot of pressure on the RDM, many JP Healers would drop party right away when they find out the party only has 1 healer. So if you're not pulling, you should go /DNC instead of /WHM or /RNG.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-10-13 08:37:46  
Leonelf said:
Another option is COR/DNC, it's pretty good for Meripo if you have Joyeuse.

I have been fiddling around with COR/DNC in campaign with Joy-toy and I must say, I DO love it. So versatile.

As for other Subs for COR...
/RNG is good. personally I don't do much of it anymore, but in all honesty... I subbed RNG alot while leveling my COR to 75.
/NIN is nice if the party has you pulling, and If you can stack on enough R.Acc (considering that in their infinite wisdom... SE decided NOT to give a natural R.Acc trait to a job who uses a GUN as one of it's prime weapons)

once you get to 75, you find yourself using /WHM, /BLM, or my favorite... /BLU more often.

Also, besides pure melee damage, start looking into a good MAB Build for Quickdraw. You'll be happy you did :)
 Cerberus.Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2009-10-13 23:00:23  
Ahh, well thank you :D I never even thought of /DNC, that would be fun to play around with. I sadly lack a joytoy (Even though my RDM and PLD are 75 u.u), but it might be fun to just mess around with solo for now.

So far it's been nothing but /nin and /whm for me in parties and I'm getting really bored with it, so I am looking forward to finishing my sub for RNG and trying it out.

And yes -_- not having a R.Acc trait for COR seems pretty freakin' stupid.
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-13 23:32:22  
\rng will help your acc it's +22 free acc just from the subjob.
Great for meleeing if you dont have full merits and a pretty perfect setup without acc-rolls or songs.
I've tried \war alittle in meritparties, and i gotta switch out alot of my haste-stuff for even more ACC, and i miss slugs and dets more often, and i eat sushi with capped marksmanship merits.
Cor can actually get 26% haste with \drg, so you should look into that too. you'll get acc trait 1, not as good as \rng, but you get 6% haste from wyvern earring and targe.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-13 23:36:06  
Makira said:

SE didnt want you to pew pew anyway.
User submitted image
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-13 23:39:24  
How can you be a BRD if you don't sub it?

COR/BRD or ***
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-13 23:42:58  
Ludoggy said:
Makira said:

SE didnt want you to pew pew anyway.
User submitted image

Cor still pulls off 900-1200dmg slugs and dets without much problems vs colibris.
Not like that is a sucky dd for a meritparty >_> Not saying it can compare to rng tho, because i know it cant, but it does decent, you just gotta dress it right.
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-13 23:48:58  
My opinion is go with WAR or NIN in most situations, WHM pre 75 or if you're needed to support, but really I think /DNC would be a better support healer.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-13 23:49:34  
Korpg said:

COR/BRD or ***
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-13 23:56:51  
Korpg said:
Korpg said:

COR/BRD or ***

OK FINE I AGREE
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-13 23:57:54  
Ninian said:
Korpg said:
Korpg said:

COR/BRD or ***

OK FINE I AGREE

you agree on ***?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 00:02:10  
Korpg said:
Ninian said:
Korpg said:
Korpg said:

COR/BRD or ***

OK FINE I AGREE

you agree on ***?

Yes.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-14 00:04:47  
Ninian said:
Korpg said:
Ninian said:
Korpg said:
Korpg said:

COR/BRD or ***

OK FINE I AGREE

you agree on ***?

Yes.

who wouldn't?
 Unicorn.Nintendo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2009-10-14 00:06:38  
who doesn't agree on ***?

Also you will never use /sam more effectively then /nin.

/whm /nin and /rng. Maybe /dnc but i don't and won't use it in Melits.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 00:06:47  
Korpg said:
Ninian said:
Korpg said:
Ninian said:
Korpg said:
Korpg said:

COR/BRD or ***

OK FINE I AGREE

you agree on ***?

Yes.

who wouldn't?

XD
 Phoenix.Mitsukilatem
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Mitsukilatem 2009-10-14 00:30:52  
main healing as cor/dnc in meripo is always fun of course you'll need a joytoy :P oh and smart DD~
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-14 01:24:22  
Corsair Subs I've used.

Ranger: Max Damage
White Mage: Fake Bard
Red Mage: Double Dispel, Powerful Elemental Shots
Ninja: Solo'ing or for Damage against super shitty DD's
Scholar: Interesting... but worthless 99% of the time. I suppose if you have a regen fetish.
Black Mage: +4% Magic Damage at the expense of all supportive abilities over Red Mage.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 06:20:04  
Makira said:
but now I'm being told RNG is useless because Barrage sucks as a sub...?

Castrate whoever said that.

/RNG is the best subjob for a Corsair who likes to shoot their bullets. The accuracy bonuses are unrivalled.
[+]
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-14 06:22:52  
Zicdeh said:
Corsair Subs I've used.

Ranger: Max Damage
White Mage: Fake Bard
Red Mage: Double Dispel, Powerful Elemental Shots
Ninja: Solo'ing or for Damage against super shitty DD's
Scholar: Interesting... but worthless 99% of the time. I suppose if you have a regen fetish.
Black Mage: +4% Magic Damage at the expense of all supportive abilities over Red Mage.

You forgot /blu :P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 06:26:49  
Kvazz said:
Cor still pulls off 900-1200dmg slugs and dets without much problems vs colibris.
Not like that is a sucky dd for a meritparty >_> Not saying it can compare to rng tho, because i know it cant, but it does decent, you just gotta dress it right.

I have outparsed several well geared Rangers on COR. With Double Minuet and Chaos Roll on, it's quite easy to keep up with them. Unless they're using a Kraken Club, there's a 99% chance we're getting TP quicker than them (with the use of Joyuese or M.Kris), which means more regular Weapon Skills.

That, and we have buffs. So as much as I love RNG, I'd sooner go COR to merit parties.
 Cerberus.Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2009-10-14 07:56:39  
Wooooodum said:
Makira said:
but now I'm being told RNG is useless because Barrage sucks as a sub...?

Castrate whoever said that.

/RNG is the best subjob for a Corsair who likes to shoot their bullets. The accuracy bonuses are unrivalled.

Hahaha, I thought it sounded pretty foolish. I got a bunch of "LOLZ U MISS DA SHOTS WASTE DA BULLETS FOO" comments from some people in my linkshell. My argument was I could, in reality, miss all those shots in a row, so if I miss a bullet or 2 in barrage I'm not going to cry over it. I didn't understand their logic... and then just tuned them out because they have big Epeens and I remembered why I stopped having LS's on in the first place.

That BLM thing also made me remember another question, I was told Moldavite Earring is good to equip in for quickdraw, is that worth doing? That being the ONLY piece of magic attack bonus I'd have on COR >.>
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-10-14 08:29:12  
For SJs I'd go with...

/WAR: Berserk and Slug Shot can do some impressive damage on Greater Colibri.

/RNG: Barrage, Sharpshot, Gun Belt Latnet unlocked, and Accuracy Bonus traits.

/NIN: Other than shadows /NIN doesn't offer a lot to a Corsair.

/BLM: MAB 2 trait for Quick Draw

/WHM: Mostly used for endgame for extra cures and -na spells.

/RDM: Mix of /WHM and /BLM, you'll have access to cures and MAB 1 trait.

/BRD: Only time I see this being used is for Manaburn PTs for Evokers + Ballad 1

/BLU: Grants MAB trait with the right spells as well as some AGI spells.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-14 09:25:55  
Corrderio said:
For SJs I'd go with...

/WAR: Berserk and Slug Shot can do some impressive damage on Greater Colibri.

/RNG: Barrage, Sharpshot, Gun Belt Latnet unlocked, and Accuracy Bonus traits.

/NIN: Other than shadows /NIN doesn't offer a lot to a Corsair.

/BLM: MAB 2 trait for Quick Draw

/WHM: Mostly used for endgame for extra cures and -na spells.

/DNC: DD+Cures and erase very useful for subcuring and damage dealing when possible.

/RDM: Mix of /WHM and /BLM, you'll have access to cures and MAB 1 trait.

/BRD: Only time I see this being used is for Manaburn PTs for Evokers + Ballad 1

/BLU: Grants MAB trait with the right spells as well as some AGI spells.

Fixed :P
 Pandemonium.Despain
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2009-10-14 09:33:38  
/RNG or /WAR for merits, unless you have to pull obviously. I don't exp on COR in pick-up merit parties, meaning I never pull.

/WHM is strictly for endgame. If anyone tells you to sub /WHM on COR for merit parties, then they don't know how to play the job. COR can pump out enough damage to make a huge impact in a merit party, and depending on your party set-up, it has the potential to beat out double BRD parties.

/BLM from what I understand is also very good for end-game damage, and I've even heard some people using it for merits. I don't have neither /RNG or /BLM, so I couldn't tell you.

In merits, stick to joytoy or mkris.

EDIT: Just read your COR is 64. At these levels, I just subbed NIN to for more r.acc from Archer's Knives, but RNG sub works at this level as well. Remember, a COR isn't pure support.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-14 09:53:40  
Makira said:

That BLM thing also made me remember another question, I was told Moldavite Earring is good to equip in for quickdraw, is that worth doing? That being the ONLY piece of magic attack bonus I'd have on COR >.>

Any MAB you can find on COR is good for QD. Just remember it will NOT affect Light or Dark shot...you need MACC for those. Ugly Pendant is great for damage QD's if you have one or less MP merits, and no MP+gear. The latent is kicked at under 50% MP, and it adds 20...meaning with no MP, you'll equip it and be 0/20, instantly getting the bonus.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mrkyuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mrkyuusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Mrkyuu 2009-10-14 10:29:09  
I've been a 75 Cor for almost a year now, it's been my primary job since then. My original job was Rdm, and the greatest part of both jobs, as pointed out already, is the versatility. You're duty in the group is pretty much determined by your setup/playstyle/subjob.

Since I've been 75 I've pulled over 1.3 million exp in merits right into COR, with another 580,000 more to go.

I have a good amount of sub-jobs to choose from, but here is what I use the most.

1. /Whm - I know a lot of CORS will shoot this one down, however, in particular events where your elemental shots are used just for sleeping (Dynamis in particular) or where you are tossed in with a group of melees/mages to toss rolls to it's very nice to be able to pull healing duty on top of keeping the group at it's maximum efficiency. Dancer's roll + regen = up to 21 hp a tick + Divine Seal Curaga II is very potent. Just get a good mix of Agi+ and Mp+ and that's all you need, very low cost to maintain.

2. /Nin - Another underrated SJ, true you don't get much out of it short of shadows and a bit more AGI, but very handy to crate a Melee build COR with Joysword/acc dagger. If you couple this build with Samurai roll and Hunters roll it's very potent for a melee/ranged WS build. up to +65 store tp makes your joy-blade a very effective TP build, and the ranged Acc bonus keeps WS from missing. Also good for pulling, (Max Chain of 476 with a COR pulling!).

3. /Sam - By far my favorite job to sub when looking for maximum WS build. It definitly has less potentcy then /War, however... +15 Store TP from base job +5 Str from Hasso @ lv37 SJ, +65 store TP from samurai roll (if you're good or lucky) meditate every 3 minutes, and whatever else you can get out of store TP gear = over 80 pts of store TP, with a martial gun that means you generally get 20-28 tp a shot. So in other words a 4-5 shot build. I have a heavy STR+ build for corsiar, on Colibri with /sam I've been known to hit up to 1800 Slug shot, and 1400 Detonators every 4-5 shots. Seigan and Third eye also can keep you alive with a firestaff+axe grip when you pull hate.

4. /Rdm - Similiar to Whm, cept you get phalanx, en-spells, and the nicest thing is the MATK bonus = better quick draw and Leaden Salute. Incredible on HNMs. I can score 700-900 on most non-dark HNM. Agi+Mab build + /rdm + Wizards Roll.

:) have a nice day everyone!

My apologies to earlier, I meant to say 1.3 million exp in merits and 580,000 exp to go.
First Page 2 3