フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Obtaining a Pulse Weapon
Obtaining a Pulse Weapon
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-05-29 20:21:51  
Heyo,

Returning player for about 6 months now - As I understand it, I need to obtain a Pulse Weapon in order to finish off my Ambuscade Weapon. What is the best way to obtain one in the current state of the game? I am on a "quiet" server.. Is this something that can be done solo?

Thanks in advance!
By tyalangan 2019-05-29 20:31:18  
The consensus seems to be rotating T3 Zitah if you’re geared enough for it. Some people seem to do 100 every 5 hours or so.
 Bahamut.Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-05-30 20:43:34  
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I never did much in the way of Wovidwatch. How would be a good way to get started on that path?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-30 20:54:10  
By t3 zitah, they mean killing the gaes fete NMs Shockmaw, Urmahlullu, Fleetstalker, or a combination. Voidwatch is by far the slowest method.
By Viciouss 2019-05-30 21:11:19  
25k potpourri works as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-30 21:12:24  
Potpourri is officially the slowest, but also the only absolutely certain way.

Actually VW is still probably worse lol. Drop rate can be obscene.
By Viciouss 2019-05-30 21:23:32  
If you CP overnight, no reason not to do the potpourri,
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-30 21:24:21  
assuming you have the goodies tier unlocked, its not bad. otherwise 100% the worst.

fastest way would be to shell out 30-40mil for the pulse cells on the AH providing your server has em
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-30 21:24:23  
Oh absolutely, actual hours played potpourri is literally free. But OP probably doesn't do that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-30 22:48:26  
There's several ways to get a pulse weapon:

Legion bosses (extremely extremely rare)

Voidwatch bosses (extremely extremely rare)

25,000 potpourri (very time consuming but not difficult)

Neo Nyzul Isle ??? Item appraisals during campaigns (don't believe the hype, this is method is atrociously bad drop rate but gives other goodies so it's not a bad option if you wanna try your luck)

T3 Zitah Escha NMs ( very rare drop rate but it's very quick farm and manageable, have personally gotten 3 out of 150~)

Deeds reward (won't be available for a few months, easy guaranteed long term drop)

Gobbie keys, aman trove boxes (lol)

Meeble Burrows (extremely rare drop)

Arch Dynamis Lord (extremely rare drop)

Buy 5 pulse cells from AH and convert it into a weapon

IMHO, the best method is to farm Zitah t3s. Can be done at leisure and it's quick and generally painless if you're geared. The drop rate is bad but on a quiet server you will have no issues popping the Name without disturbance

Happy hunting!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-30 22:52:30  
You forgot; Meebles and ADL btw
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-05-31 00:05:21  
I just got a Router from trove box, I have actually heard of several people that got theirs that way, be sure to do the trove and if you have alts for dual boxing be sure to go all together JIC something good drops for a diff char.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-05-31 03:04:49  
With the silver voucher campaign, I went 1/8 on loud thud and got a pulse that way. Open all chests until you get a loud thud or death. Anything less than a loud thud = mainly npc trash or gear easily obtainable elsewhere.
By geigei 2019-05-31 04:27:25  
Bahamut.Sobius said: »
What is the best way to obtain one in the current state of the game?
Buy it from ah.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-05-31 08:12:31  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
With the silver voucher campaign, I went 1/8 on loud thud and got a pulse that way. Open all chests until you get a loud thud or death. Anything less than a loud thud = mainly npc trash or gear easily obtainable elsewhere.
You don't need Loud Thud for pule weapons. Thud is good enough.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-05-31 08:35:08  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
You don't need Loud Thud for pule weapons. Thud is good enough.
My loud thud today was mooonbeam cloth
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-31 09:09:24  
Odin.Drakenv said: »

It's the luck like this that kept you playing, right?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-05-31 10:43:00  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

Lol no for sure. But I found something to do level up my mules to use their vouchers
[+]
 Bahamut.Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2019-06-01 20:40:39  
I have been farming like a fiend since I returned so have access to a decent amount of gil. Question: If I have never defeated any Voidwatch bosses, can I still buy the Pulse Cells off the AH and then trade for the weapon from Ardrick?

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-01 20:51:50  
Bahamut.Sobius said: »
I have been farming like a fiend since I returned so have access to a decent amount of gil. Question: If I have never defeated any Voidwatch bosses, can I still buy the Pulse Cells off the AH and then trade for the weapon from Ardrick?

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

You must have beaten the boss in question in order to trade the Cells. You can buy them in advance just incase they move quickly or something and then just go beat the boss.

With a fairly current-day gearset, most jobs can just plow through almost all of Voidwatch barring certain gimmicky fights. And then when you consider Weakening items (Displacers?) It gets even easier. Can probably kill most VWNMs nearly naked once they have 5 Weakeners on them...

That's an exaggeration but you get the idea.
By oyama 2019-06-01 21:22:27  
Be aware that you need to have killed the VW bosses while actually on the quest where you can pop them yourself. If you're not eligible to pop the NM and you kill the boss, it won't count. Learned that the hard way. The shorter paths like Morta are very quick, if those pulse cells are on sale on your server.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-01 23:45:21  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

Lol no for sure. But I found something to do level up my mules to use their vouchers

I'm at 12/16 LV99 characters on my POL and the other 4 are all at level 50. I find WHM to be most easy to zerg since you can ignore RoV progress as WHM don't need trusts or to skill up for Maat fight. Just engage and run away for 5 minutes. EZPZ. I spent last month getting every one of my characters Jody Shirt/Shields, all the trusts from Log In and the Spring Alter Ego campaign, and all of the costumes out of the event coffer for 16x characters. >.< That and the daily gobbie box with Adoulin dial campaign basically turned my day-to-day log-ins into 6 hours of just that. It's paying off those as I pretty much don't have to worry about gil ever anymore with 16x Silver Voucher monthlys to sell in addition to the 40+ freebies each character got from the Trove campaign.

Not gonna lie. I'm glad all those campaigns are over. Whew.