Which Path For Reisen Augs?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Which path for reisen augs?
Which path for reisen augs?
 Shiva.Anoq
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2019-07-12 11:50:59  
Just curious whether I should be choosing Ranged or Magic when augmenting gear with Oseem. Mainly for LS/WF augs so AGI/MAB/WSD is what I'm, looking for. With magic I don't get the AGI, so wasn't sure if ranged is better.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-07-12 12:33:59  
You can get AGI on all paths, just taupe stones have a higher cap of 15. Magic path has a higher MAB cap than ranged, and fern stones will give a higher WSD cap, so choose your poison. You can check out this link to see the entire list of possibilities.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-12 13:01:16  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
You can get AGI on all paths, just taupe stones have a higher cap of 15. Magic path has a higher MAB cap than ranged, and fern stones will give a higher WSD cap, so choose your poison. You can check out this link to see the entire list of possibilities.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription

This is true, but also kind of wrong. AGI can be on the magic path, but it's not a common stat on that path. Essentially you are going for baller WSD/macc/matk and hoping it lands AGI. Don't sweat it if you don't get the AGI
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
サーバ: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-07-12 14:16:54  
For LS/WF, magic path fern. If augments continue to be mediocre and you run out of fern, you can try taupe. Just keep plugging away until you roll something great. While DM campaign is on-going, you can see if you can roll something even more fab.

You can get a little more AGI from Salt Ramen+1 if your macc is good. I use salt ramens in lieu of marine stewpots or riverfin soups for more dangerous runs and shorter run that require ranged wsds.
 Shiva.Anoq
サーバ: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2019-07-13 03:40:43  
thanks for help all
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-13 11:08:15  
Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
For LS/WF, magic path fern. If augments continue to be mediocre and you run out of fern, you can try taupe.

I'd really suggest using Pellucid as your 2nd best option to Fern. Yes, AGI is incredibly valuable to the math for Leaden Salute, Wildfire, and Trueflight(if you're a RNG doubler), high MAB will certainly out-perform the AGI difference between taupe and pellucid.

BUT AGI is still an "off path" stat for Herculean Magical, meaning you just won't see it that often, certainly not as much as the "on path" base stats of INT, MND, CHR. So not only are you fighting the random number generator of trying to get at least +11 to a base stat (the only time taupe becomes really relevant) while also fighting the off path luck to actually get AGI.

Whereas with pellucid, you've got your best chance for the highest MAB/macc possible while maintaining a cap of 4% WSD possible. You still have the same chance of any AGI, just a cap of 5 less. Well, 2-3 MAB will out perform that 5 AGI depending on the rest of your gear.

Stones in general are pretty cheap, not to mention its Dragon Campaign right now meaning while Quetzacoatl gets spammed even more will flood the market (or your personal pools if you're doing it!). On top of that, DM can yield some really great results on Herculean gear...some examples I use in various Magical Ranged Weaponskills:

Herculean Vest- Macc+3, MAB+20, WSD+6
Herculean Trousers- Macc+20, MAB+20, WSD+5 (can be met w/ a perfect fern, but I happened to get this w/ DM)
Herculean Boots- Macc+19, MAB+47

Good luck with the pompous *** Oseem!
 Bahamut.Minimuse
サーバ: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-07-15 18:46:05  
I roll with Oseem whenever I have stones or if DM campaign is up.
These are the current rolls I have on my general purpose wildfire and aeolian edge Herc set for COR:

Fern stone:

Taupe stone:

DM campaign:

I do have a WSD 8% Herc body, but with no magic or AGI upgrades, Lanun Frac+3 is much better than vanilla WSD 8%.