How Not To Do Merc Server (UP)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How not to do merc server (UP)
How not to do merc server (UP)
First Page 2
By DaneBlood 2019-07-14 11:28:13  
Warning useless post

So Shout goe up abotu buying ilbrate ring
IM like sure ill might g et that for wifes character as i seldom get to drag her for endgame vents.
Hit up the shouter for a price.
20 mill was the response.
Not sure 20 mil for 5 dex/age extra with hte lost of 5 str is realy optimal but hey gain exp was just over so the gil was burning.
I accept and warp to hola
Then I get hit up with a entry fee of 500k.

Im not sure i like paying both for the drop and for the try. make you you mind do you want the safe small payments or gamble with the big payout.

but even besides that.
Make sure to be upfront with your pices. dont give me a price and hten do what looks to be post haggling.
it does'nt matter if it was a 1gil entry fee. you gave a price, I accepted lets freaking go.
By geigei 2019-07-14 11:43:43  
I refuse to take this engrish seriously.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-14 12:04:18  
are you typing with 4 thumbs and 2 pinkies on a phone or something?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-14 12:23:40  
How do you mine for fish?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-14 12:34:28  
Merc is a Black market business, second rate services. Assume all risks when you pay someone to play a video game for your.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-14 12:34:59  
Wait, you understood what he said?

/shocked
[+]
By Sations 2019-07-14 12:38:23  
Seems like the guy tried to buy something from realmnk and got hit with the entry fee, whoops
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-14 12:45:40  
Yeah don't name drop. Omen entry fee is totally fine since the ou set sells for 8m. Buyer can potentially not have to drop a dime on their gear that doesn't drop and then makes money selling the KIs afterwards. Consider it transactional taxes
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-14 12:58:09  
it wasn't even an ou run, this is just silliness
By Sations 2019-07-14 13:00:24  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Yeah don't name drop. Omen entry free is totally fine since the ou set sells for 8m. Buyer can potentially not have to drop a dime on their gear that doesn't drop and then makes money sekling the KIs afterwards. Consider it transactional taxes

dont tell me how to think or speak
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-14 13:01:42  
Sations said: »
forum rules prohibit it
[+]
By Sations 2019-07-14 13:03:59  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
forum rules prohibit it

ok nickle and diming people just to enter when they arent even adding HP is stupid, and pretending your prices are lower to trick fools into thinking yotu are doing a service is also stupid
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-14 13:07:50  
What's really stupid is arguing over fake currency and pixels and bytes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-14 13:14:28  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
it wasn't even an ou run, this is just silliness

It's not silliness. Follow the context
Ilabrat ring drops from Kin
Kin also drops a bead upon clear (guaranteed)
Buyer is going for ring, doesn't drop
Gets a free 1/5 ki that he can turn around and sell when his set is complete (Ou Set). He just needs to repeat the process 4 more times

You can understand why the entry fee is enforced. People can make Gil and cards just tagging along without even having to contribute or shell out any money in the case their item didn't drop. It's the same reason why old school mercs would make YOU PAY for pops and they would take YOUR ESCHITE ORES before ever inviting you to get your item. Labor fees is what it is. Nothing new
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-14 13:17:38  
And if that was stated upfront, it'd be somewhat reasonable. Realistically, throughout the game's history, it's always been either a price per run or a price per item. Shouting 20m for the ring then tacking on a charge per run is basically conning people.

It doesn't cost your group anything to allow them to be there for the run unless you're already pushing 18. You've got a potential buyer ready to pay out for your item, why would you need a per-run charge? Add 500k * [expected number of runs] to your price if you really need to. It's not a ****ing car dealership.

Never mind that most people who are buying the common drops off base bosses aren't running Ou regularly anyway. Pretty decent chance they already had the bead for the first run and need others. Either way, they only get the bead once.. and they'd be spamming the same NM to get their ring.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-14 13:32:20  
If someone isn't living up to their end of the agreement you just disband and move on. For every five mercs, three of them are straight up shady. Unless they are a reputable player or group that has a foothold in the community. I thought that was understood from the jump. Why you would trust some random named Bynebronzepieceforsale is beyond me.

People are looking for ways to make money off of EVERYTHING. Merc business is illegitimate at best. People sell you an Aman trove orb and sit behind in the zone in case you're get the 5m Gil reward for free money. You always need to assume the person selling you the service doesn't give less than a *** about you and is looking to make money at every corner. This game has turned into a business transaction. Forget whatever history it once was. Those days are over.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-14 13:48:12  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2019-07-14 16:43:48  
DirectX said: »
20M is way overpriced IMO but if you didn't even try and haggle then you deserve to pay that much.

Not even the point...

If someone isn't living up to their end of the agreement you just disband and move on. For every five mercs, three of them are straight up shady. Unless they are a reputable player or group that has a foothold in the community. I thought that was understood from the jump. Why you would trust some random named Bynebronzepieceforsale is beyond me.

People are looking for ways to make money off of EVERYTHING. Merc business is illegitimate at best. People sell you an Aman trove orb and sit behind in the zone in case you're get the 5m Gil reward for free money. You always need to assume the person selling you the service doesn't give less than a *** about you and is looking to make money at every corner. This game has turned into a business transaction. Forget whatever history it once was. Those days are over.

I have no issues with people trying to make some gil.
but dont try to change the deal after it was handed over. 20mill for ilbarate ring is as DX pointed out a way overpriced. But i was like f#ck it let me just get it.
But then the guy changes his prices and want to add in the entry fee as well..

well when i ask for a price i expect a price to be given, not half of it. not adding in taxes and fees after the agreements has been arranged.
he could have been up front with the fee and it would not have been an issue for me

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
are you typing with 4 thumbs and 2 pinkies on a phone or something?
I actually try to get ine a bigtoe as well
In this day and age i anfraid if i get sued for digitism for not having enough toes do the workload.

Yeah don't name drop. Omen entry fee is totally fine since the ou set sells for 8m. Buyer can potentially not have to drop a dime on their gear that doesn't drop and then makes money selling the KIs afterwards. Consider it transactional taxes

Nah no name dropping. It not like he did something bad anyway. just annoying.
and yeah entry fee is fine.
Its the change of agreement that annoys me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2019-07-14 16:47:06  
Donnat tell me how to typo.

Its my thre-ad, and Ill typo if I want to
typo if I want to, typo if I want to
You would typo too if it happened to you...
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2019-07-14 19:19:13  
This thread in a nutshell:
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-14 20:51:06  
I love this thread...
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-14 21:33:06  
Iv heard of that bs where they charge you an entry fee into omen, eff that mess, Id disband. the OU KI argument is *** because your drop may not even drop, so at least you get something for joining/wasting 20+min. The fact the the KI is a party drop doesnt give you a reason to tack that charge on top of the merc price itself (unless you literally are just joining for the KI)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-14 21:35:47  
If you pay 500k to join and you get the KI you just made 1/5th of an 8m pop. You got something.

If they didnt charge for the KI then *** would join just for the ki and pretend they want the body that will never drop and literally make free 8m a week.

and *** you if you do that. I still want a few midboss drops and keep missing the shouts because of you.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-14 21:40:28  
so? party didnt gain nor lose anything by others getting said KI. Yea im sure some people scam like that but your a merc, most people dont do what you mention. person on body is what 1 person? even if that person didnt have the cash to pony up, someone else would still buy it in the party, maybe not for the going rate, but you'd make a fair chunk at least or your mule got a omen body. this has to be a new thing being done, mercing was never like that before.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-14 21:51:16  
Yeah, my ls doesn't charge an entry fee when we sell drops. It's silly IMO, let the buyer walk away with cards and a KI for their 20-30 minutes waiting to see if the item they want even drops. But if the market will bear it, ***, let others charge it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-14 21:54:00  
It would be literally paying nothing to make 8m a week. It's already paying 2.5m to make a free 5.5m a week.

If the mercs would just take alliances it wouldnt matter but they don't. They should. They'd make a lot more money.

Like seriously. I don't think anyone takes 18 to any omen anymore. I would literally go just for the mids and give you Ou pops. I get ***that should be going to the floor and you get free Ou pops. that's a *** great deal. But no. No one is smart enough to do that.
By Sations 2019-07-14 23:38:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It would be literally paying nothing to make 8m a week. It's already paying 2.5m to make a free 5.5m a week.

If the mercs would just take alliances it wouldnt matter but they don't. They should. They'd make a lot more money.

Like seriously. I don't think anyone takes 18 to any omen anymore. I would literally go just for the mids and give you Ou pops. I get ***that should be going to the floor and you get free Ou pops. that's a *** great deal. But no. No one is smart enough to do that.

you better be ready to pay for that body should it drop
First Page 2