People Of Asura - Time To Switch Servers.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » People of Asura - Time to switch servers.
People of Asura - Time to switch servers.
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-15 20:43:25  
The last merge was what, 9 years ago? And they certainly don't have the skeleton crew they have now.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-09-15 21:26:55  
It's a few database operations, it isn't like a team of people has to hand move every single character(and even if they did, one character per minute is less than a day's work per pair of smaller servers). Resources shouldn't factor into it, unless they have no idea how to do their job.
By Afania 2019-09-15 21:27:01  
Asura.Suteru said: »
The last merge was what, 9 years ago? And they certainly don't have the skeleton crew they have now.

Back then congestion wasn't the issue.

Had 5-10 pages wait on Lilith BC today, it was a horrible playing experience. If we merge it will be worse.

And it will happen over and over again in any future instanced content because FFXI is just old.

I see no incentive to merge server. People on small server will complain about congestion and SE makes less money from transfer fees. It's lose for everyone except those who really hate small server and refuse to transfer for whatever reasons. They are probably the minority these days.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-15 21:34:30  
I'm still kind of shocked they haven't force split and closed asura (not that shocked, obviously, money)

You would think if one server is literally 5-7 times larger than others red flags should go up in droves. I mean.... seriously, they restructured the whole game to add double the ambuscade instances because asura has queue. Instead of forcing(letting) people leave.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-09-16 09:22:10  
Bigger means bigger, and there are objective reasons not to want that. I already know how threatened you are by the idea that not everyone wants the same thing you do, we don't need to do this again.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 10:58:41  
I mean you aren't wrong. Doubling the smallest server size, mostly would have absolutely no impact at all. Except losing names (which I've outlined how to correct already a dozen times)

Having no impact at all is kind of the argument for why they don't bother doing it, too (aside from obvious money!)

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2019-09-16 11:56:54  
No.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 12:13:48  
Foxfire said: »
Maybe.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-16 12:16:03  
Jdove said: »
a fix would just be merge servers but I think SE is not willing to lose money from people just paying to do it manually they really need to suck it up and take the money hit and just merge them they shouldn't be allowed to be so greedy that they leave dead severs active just so people will pay to move
P.S there are quality people on phoenix its just they don't help anyone who needs it and all operate within their own little private cliques and are super elitest (unrightfully as they are a dime a dozen ) no offense to my friends I don't mean you guys but in general yea

OH NOES! A BUSINESS WANTS TO MAKE MONEY??? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Seriously man, if you're faulting a company for wanting to make money, I don't know what to say to you. I guess I'll just wait for your Verizon rant tomorrow.
[+]
By volkom 2019-09-16 12:26:24  
would be nice to have a cross-server party finder for events like ambuscade or any of the high-tier battlefields instead of just merging servers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 12:39:44  
I don't know, that seems too FFXIV.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 12:50:32  
Those are all somethings you don't have to like. But you do have to accept that it is the way it is and acknowledge they are the reason many things get done.

That absolutely does NOT say that it's "ok". It's merely that you have no say in it.... Until enough people decide they want a say in it.

You can get anything you want in this game to change. If you get people to open their mouths. (the threshold for "enough people" is much higher for some things than others*)
 Quetzalcoatl.Jedigamer
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jedigamer
By Quetzalcoatl.Jedigamer 2019-09-16 16:17:00  
/checks thread...

So does this mean that you guys don't want to join my shell?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 16:21:38  
DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
if you're faulting a company for wanting to make money, I don't know what to say to you.
Do you support all kinds of immoral business practice for the purpose of making money, or only selectively?

How about;
Tax avoidance
Offshoring
Planned obsolescence
Using materials farmed by slaves because they're cheaper
Using slave labour in Asia for assembly
etc

Before you say they're an irrelevant comparison: They are all "ways of making money" that businesses do commonly.
Are you comparing SE wanting to not merge servers to...

...wait....

*checks math*

Only 2 things that are illegal according to international law in your list, even though you obviously know nothing about business if you put 3 of them you consider "bad" as...well...bad.

Son, don't make me slap you down a couple of pegs about business. You are out of your element.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 16:22:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Jedigamer said: »
/checks thread...

If you intended to make a linkshell join thread, you are doing it wrong!

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jedigamer
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jedigamer
By Quetzalcoatl.Jedigamer 2019-09-16 17:06:25  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
/checks thread...

Comparing traffic in this thread to my linkshell join thread from last year, I think (or thought) I was doing it right!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 17:34:55  
Only 2 things that are illegal according to international law in your list, even though you obviously know nothing about business if you put 3 of them you consider "bad" as...well...bad.
Legal or not they are still common practices today and people don't boycott companies that do any of them, but should for any of them.
I would love for you to give specific examples of slave labor, especially in Asian countries, naming specific businesses who do them and who they sell to.

Because if you have specifics, you are doing it wrong by posting here. You should be telling the Interpol and getting them to arrest these people.

Then maybe you might have a point in your ramblings.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 17:35:23  
/checks thread...

Comparing traffic in this thread to my linkshell join thread from last year, I think (or thought) I was doing it right!
Expect I didn't even know this was a linkshell recruitment thread until you just brought it up, and even then, it's not.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-09-16 19:19:19  
I cannot fathom someone caring so much about their character name in such an incredibly small community that it would be a reason they don't move servers. 99% of the people who care about their name so much probably aren't even known outside of their server.

I see it as more of a sense of identity then anything. After calling myself Senaki for 7+ years now, losing that part of myself would be very discouraging.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-16 20:49:22  
Odin.Senaki said: »
I cannot fathom someone caring so much about their character name in such an incredibly small community that it would be a reason they don't move servers. 99% of the people who care about their name so much probably aren't even known outside of their server.

I see it as more of a sense of identity then anything. After calling myself Senaki for 7+ years now, losing that part of myself would be very discouraging.
I'm changing your name for you then.

For now on, you shall always be and forever more be known as Duckfart!

Edit: Oh ***, there's already a Odin.Duckfart. Fine, it's Squirrelnuts , but you can't be on Siren or Cerb.

....wait, who comes up with these names????
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-16 21:37:36  
Legal or not they are still common practices today and people don't boycott companies that do any of them, but should for any of them.
I would love for you to give specific examples of slave labor, especially in Asian countries, naming specific businesses who do them and who they sell to.

Because if you have specifics, you are doing it wrong by posting here. You should be telling the Interpol and getting them to arrest these people.

The sad truth is that whiners like them consider anything less than $20US/hr slave labor. Or at worst convert any monetary unit into US dollars and use THEIR expenses as a baseline rather than look into what truly matters- local buying power. Get them to understand that and then maybe we can talk to them about the definition of slavery.
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-16 22:01:15  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

The sad truth is that whiners like them consider anything less than $20US/hr slave labor. Or at worst convert any monetary unit into US dollars and use THEIR expenses as a baseline rather than look into what truly matters- local buying power. Get them to understand that and then maybe we can talk to them about the definition of slavery.

If slave labor even exist, blame the local government for allowing it to exist lol. Dont see how its relevant to business.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-09-16 23:51:39  
Y'all crackheads. If I have to wait more than 2~3 pages, I call it a day. That ***'s wack. Find your group of people ~ or better yet, make it. We have like 30 people that transferred to my server explicitly ~ never on Bahamut before.

Want your tiny server to get bigger? Partner up with 1 - 5 people, commit to fully gearing core support roles (RUN, COR, GEO, BRD, WHM, RDM), clear content, recruit people. E-Z, now you have the benefits of a tiny server (no pops contested, free farm in the world, ez empy grinds, no-wait htbfs/ambu, less laggy dynamis).
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-09-17 00:40:37  
^ or just don't be scrubs

Post deleted by User.