日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » 20,000,000 trees by 2020
20,000,000 trees by 2020

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-28 14:04:13  
they would charge you for air if they could, they brainwashed generations of people for more control over the price of said oil.

You could blame everything wrong with the world today on oil, but hey atleast we can see dinosaurs in museums now
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 14:07:31  
Y'all need to watch the lorax.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-10-28 16:59:58  
befor you step outside and plant trees all over your garden to bless you and your neighbours with fresh air and lower air conditioning costs ask your neighbours wether they going to hate you cause your tree blocks the sun from their property and the foliage/seeds causes them trouble.
you'll maybe also want to carefully plan where and what to plant and check your local law cause there are countries that penalty charge you hefty fees for cutting a tree depending on the kind once it reached a certain circumference.
there might be other regulations like how close to the property border you are allowed to plant a tree...

speaking of reducing air conditioning costs, if a tree near a building helps cooling it in the summer, wouldn't it also block sun in the winter and therefore increase power consumption keep the building warm? wonder how much the benifit in the summer would even out in the winter in terms of cost saving and carbon footprint.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 19:08:04  
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-29 09:08:31  
Shichishito said: »
befor you step outside and plant trees all over your garden to bless you and your neighbours with fresh air and lower air conditioning costs ask your neighbours wether they going to hate you cause your tree blocks the sun from their property and the foliage/seeds causes them trouble.
you'll maybe also want to carefully plan where and what to plant and check your local law cause there are countries that penalty charge you hefty fees for cutting a tree depending on the kind once it reached a certain circumference.
there might be other regulations like how close to the property border you are allowed to plant a tree...

speaking of reducing air conditioning costs, if a tree near a building helps cooling it in the summer, wouldn't it also block sun in the winter and therefore increase power consumption keep the building warm? wonder how much the benifit in the summer would even out in the winter in terms of cost saving and carbon footprint.
Or you could live out in the middle of nowhere and do whatever you want to do.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 22:06:02  
Elon gave a million dollars. Youtube said they would match a million. Half way in 4 days.

https://teamtrees.org/

Quote:
Elon Musk 1,000,000 trees
For Treebeard
By Shichishito 2019-10-29 23:49:20  
FAQ says they plant the trees all over the world on government owned and private properties. what would stop the owners of that property to cut and sell the trees once they have the right size for the market?

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Or you could live out in the middle of nowhere and do whatever you want to do.
without any bureaucracy? sounds awesome.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 00:03:30  
Let's be honest, ALL of the trees will get cut down. Every single one of em. It's not like they do nothing in the mean time though.
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 00:23:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
ALL of the trees will get cut down. Every single one of em.
iono, to me the whole campaign draws a image of planting those trees for the sake of the environment, to filter/store cabon dioxide(?) till those trees eventually die a natural death.

if the plan is to cut them down in a few years to make furniture or fire wood out of them it imagine it would leave a bit of a bad taste in donators mouths.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-10-30 00:25:16  
Donated 5 dollah which is ..... 5 trees :O
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 00:25:46  
The plan isn't to grow them TO be cut down, but they inevitably will be.

The way the world works. Trees (Everything) only exists to make money from. They just happen to make oxygen too.
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 01:13:01  
there definitely have been campaigns in the past that ment to protect existing trees and maybe even combine reforesting + preserveing them.

they specifically mention in the FAQ that they only focus on planting, not preserving those trees. i don't know if it wouldn't be more beneficial for the environment to both plant and preserve them but that would cost more and inflated numbers like 20 million make better clickbait.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 01:14:37  
I mean duh. Clickbait/Shock and Awe etc.

It's kind of impossible to protect/preserve them. As soon as you look away they'll get chopped down. No one gives a *** about the law(s). They'll get a fine and not even bat an eyelash.
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 01:27:15  
i get what you mean. its still a different premiss if the stuff you donated for is ought to be protected and there are repercussions if people get cought damaging it or if its owned by some government or private company that can do what ever they want.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-10-30 03:26:57  
Yet all the sheeple will run to donate for a cause they do 0 research on. Gotta give props to these youtubers for their hustle.
By Shichishito 2019-10-30 04:14:39  

cg!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-30 10:34:40  
kireek said: »
after people lose interest nobody will check if they even planed 1 million or if the money was siphoned off into some CEOs bank because nobody really cares.
Sounds like, well, every crowdfunded project ever.

Which is why I don't ever give any money to any crowdfunding "cause."

The money I give out is to established charities, both national and local. Because, you know, they do a whole hell of a lot more good than these little "projects."
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-31 20:09:29  
Yo, if you don't want to give a dollar, updoot this and get a tree by proxy. (I don't know if he'll really donate 10 grand, but you get to feel good about it.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeamTrees/comments/dpt876/time_to_save_the_world/

Quote:
Tobi Lutke 1,000,001 trees
For the Lorax
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-10-31 20:45:37  
Reading through this thread, I have to say, and I know I'm borrowing a cliche here, but this cynicism and defeatism is why we can't have nice things.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-31 20:51:52  
I have 3/4 of an acre in N central WA. I have lots of trees but can't plant another one. I have tried, the deer destroy them.

The only damage my existing trees.

Deer = giant rats with antlers. Also yummy but I am not a poacher.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-01 10:35:12  
3 trillion trees in the world. At the rate we cut them down it would take 600 years to be rid of all trees. I could careless about what happens in that time. I wont be here.

We cut down like 3 billion to 5 billion a year.

Wtf is 20 mil gonna do? Lol. By the time they're full grown keep us occupied for a weeks worth of work to cut them down? Lol
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:13:36  
I plan on cutting down 20,000,000 trees for balance reasons.
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:18:51  
I'm simplify this discussion the world is fine...it's people who are ***.

Also future generations are going to destroy the Earth so all you are doing is delaying the inevitable.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:20:06  
Reasons to not recycle

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-02 17:40:39  
kireek said: »
Just look back for a moment at the ice bucket challenge, that was a massive craze and everyone was in on it. I bet you can't even remember what the charity was and nobody has done a damn thing for it since that ended.
The Ice Bucket Challenge helped scienctists discover a new gene tied to ALS

Quote:
Supporters ended up raising over $115 million for the A.L.S. Association.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 19:55:17  
14,281,048 / 20,000,000

https://teamtrees.org/
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-15 21:27:22