フォーラム » FFXI » General » The state of leveling
The state of leveling
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-11-05 21:03:31  
I just recently moved server from Carby to Asura and I have noticed one thing, when was it a requirement to have a REMA weapon just to do a leveling group? I have come across many that want BiS REMA people to go get merits/CP with but then again such people wouldn't really need to do suc h things cause they are most likely capped on everything. So why are people wanting the best of the best when most do not have such.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-05 21:13:04  
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
I just recently moved server from Carby to Asura and I have noticed one thing, when was it a requirement to have a REMA weapon just to do a leveling group? I have come across many that want BiS REMA people to go get merits/CP with but then again such people wouldn't really need to do suc h things cause they are most likely capped on everything. So why are people wanting the best of the best when most do not have such.

People suck. They ask for rema to be carried. Ignore them.
If you can beat Level 150 mobs without rema relatively easy/quick, you can kill a Level 128 Crab in Dho Gates even faster.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-05 21:21:04  
It's generally an easy way to know to avoid that group, because they're idiots.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-05 21:54:05  

The main guy shouting for a R15 REMA DD should be avoided at all costs, for any event. I don't care if you're doing a Master Trial or killing Cargo Crab Colin in Korroloka Tunnel. Avoid that guy to avoid further disappointment.

(he's shouting for one like right now, eye roll)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-11-05 22:20:14  
I wouldn't humor partying with someone who isn't at least near capped gear. This is a 17 year old game and most people already have multiple REMA at this point. Partying with someone who doesn't just means a less efficient party.

Oh, I mean, *pat* *pat* it's ok. You're the best. Here, have a participation trophy.

You're special~
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-05 22:25:44  
^Disregard everything said here (OP)
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-05 22:26:19  
That's the attitude that causes people to quit due to not being able to participate and being toxic. Barely any content REQUIRES REMA, only intelligence. It is used as a barrier for entry when it doesn't have to be. I'm sure you probably don't care, but the less people that play this due to that kind of attitude, the faster the game will be on the way out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-11-05 22:58:47  
On average, it's just easier, faster and has a higher chance of success with people who are better geared, as long as you're unsure where their skill level is. This is obviously true. Stop trying to coddling the OP and shielding him from his own deficiencies.

You're not being nice by protecting his feelings. You're doing a huge disservice to him by telling him he's just great just the way he is~, and that it's not him that's lacking~, everyone should adapt to his needs~

If you're mean, like me, you tell him he sucks and to stop sucking so people will stop thinking that he sucks. If you're nice, tell him to get off his behind and find a way to meet other people's expectations if he wants to be included without holding other people's groups back. Coming from someone who's been playing since 2003, this game is easier then it's ever been. There's no excuse for sitting back and complaining like this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-05 23:14:06  
Nobody is coddling. Your angle is just obnoxious. CP parties are such a low bar, it doesn't require anything remotely close to R15 REMA (nothing does). The only people shouting for those requirements (and defending it) are idiots. Plain and simple.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-05 23:15:51  
Everyone always gets hung up on "required"

It's the wrong word to use, and you go back and forth about it for nothing.

Obviously it's not *** required to do. A requirement was set to join their party, specifically. Whining about it isn't going to lower the barrier to entry. They can do that. You can *** about it. Neither is very smart, or worth the time to talk about. One of the rare instances where it's really not your concern.

I don't know who was doing the shouting, but if you're going to be on/stay on asura, you better learn fast who the retards are. It will be on the test.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-11-05 23:19:45  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nobody is coddling.

Agree to this disagree on account that I can read! "Ignore them!" "They're idiots!" "People suck!" If you don't see that people are trying to pat his little head as hard and as fast as they can, then that's your deficiency.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-05 23:31:49  
when was it a requirement to have a REMA weapon just to do a leveling group? I have come across many that want BiS REMA people to go get merits/CP with
my advice to you. Go explore doh gates and find some good camps you like. If you are feeling really brave, go explore inner rak as well and find camps that you think would work.

Then make shouts yourself and you can ignore anyone you don't agree with. you will soon find like minded people as yourself and put effort into befriending them. In the next couple weeks you'll see a double or triple in population due to the free campaign, use that to your advantage.

you could have every REMA in game R15 and someone can still easily outdamage you if you don't take this kind of initiative to always raise yourself higher/learn
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-06 00:02:51  

You made one massive mistake...You moved to Asura.

Terrible decision. Now you're learning why it was a terrible decision the hard way. Consider it a lesson learned.
[+]
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2019-11-06 04:14:40  
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nobody is coddling.

Agree to this disagree on account that I can read! "Ignore them!" "They're idiots!" "People suck!" If you don't see that people are trying to pat his little head as hard and as fast as they can, then that's your deficiency.

this guy here is an idiot. an rema doesnt make anything faster. yes ignore any shout that has r15 rema blah blah blah in it for cp. apex mobs are weak. and if i forgot to mention it this guy is an idiot
[+]
By Aldolol 2019-11-06 04:24:24  
The best part about Asura is for every shout that had rediculous requirements there will be another one you can join, or just start your own. Like Eiryl states the hardest part about Asura is knowing who to join and who to avoid. It is an art but once you have it you will have a good time.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-06 04:46:06  
Am I the only one who thinks a job should be Leveled, Maxed on Merits and Capped JP BEFORE getting an Ultimate Weapon? Or is that just too 2003?

To the OP, I can definitely see that being annoying. I always recommend getting the best gear that you possibly can before pushing for a party. HQ is great where you can get it but a REMA is not not ever shall be required you can only kill the mob but so fast so as long as the majority of your ***is on point, you’ll be fine and your XP-CP p/hour will also be just fine. And that’s a irrefutable fact.
[+]
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2019-11-06 05:51:01  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Am I the only one who thinks a job should be Leveled, Maxed on Merits and Capped JP BEFORE getting an Ultimate Weapon? Or is that just too 2003?

Asura is the server of mercs and gil buyers. Not only does a job not have to be leveled, maxed and capped before doing ultimates, but there are people who don't START a job until they have the ultimate weapons at their disposal (Aeonics at least since you can build one in about six hours, less if you handle the HELMs easily).
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-06 06:24:32  
Mehhh. I mean I know that you’re speaking the truth, I’ve been on Asura afew years now. I guess I just... “find it shameful?” To see an AG’d REMA on someone that’s not even Starred.. probably an isolated opinion on my part I guess.

My “favorite” is seeing a maxed out AG’d and Augmented player in all HQ Gear and the man doesn’t even swap gear... -_-; and it’s like painfully obvious that the man doesn’t change gears for WSs, JAs, etc. that makes me want to drown a fish when I see that and I keep the names written down on a list of “Players to be weary of”

The list is currently at 32... lol

“Max or nothing” my ***.. gimme the guy that’s done his homework but “OK” gear all day.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-06 06:26:14  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Not really. If you have been primarily Whm then you can have Aeonics for your Drg.

Not that Ultimate weapons are that great compare to Ambu weapons. Unless you got a boat load of $$$ to R15 the thing and seriously upgrade all your other gear then even Rema isn't going to save you from barely chipping at the crab.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kishr 2019-11-06 07:30:51  
Too lazy to make a rema, too lazy to make your own group.
 Carbuncle.Yottaxa
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Yottaxa
By Carbuncle.Yottaxa 2019-11-06 09:48:49  
Its also worth pointing out that the same individual(s) will shout for said REMA participants for like 1-2 hours (for a cp party...), when they could have spent that time just cp’ing...

There are just some people who are so misguided they would want you to have a job mastered in order to cp with them...

Just avoid such people is the best rule of thumb.
By Shichishito 2019-11-06 09:56:45  
kireek said: »
If it's just merits or CP why not just make your own party

problem is you can only do that 1-3 times and end up with slow cp. from there on out you'll be known as the guy who builds bad parties and be avoided like the plague.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-06 10:03:05  
Shichishito said: »
kireek said: »
If it's just merits or CP why not just make your own party

problem is you can only do that 1-3 times and end up with slow cp. from there on out you'll be known as the guy who builds bad parties and be avoided like the plague.

I guess you just have to bot like everyone else in that case.
By Foxfire 2019-11-06 10:04:10  
ihinaa's writing some masturbatory *** lmfao

OP if you're recently returned, maybe work on gathering some more gear if you're focusing on a dd or something. link up with a linkshell group that can try and include you in some content you're capable of doing (lower tier escha, omen, whatever), and then go from there.

if you're doing a healer, as long as you meet some bare minimums you're more than fine to do just about any content (i.e. yagrush/idris won't make any meaningful difference to CP unless the entire party's incredibly subpar - the only time there's a discernible difference is bard's jump from 2 to 3 songs and i can't help you there).

edit: if you're not recently returned, the same still applies - the server you jumped to is full of people who have REMA and it's just kind of expected to have one regardless of your skill level
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-06 10:05:31  

You should probably quit then.

Or start you own CP party.

Also you should make a REMA weapon too.

So in conclusion. Make a CP party master your job. Make a REMA weapon then quit.

Everyone knows when you make a REMA weapon you beat the game. The rest is just recycling content over and over.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-06 10:12:39  
Almost forgot you should probably pay a merc to get you to job master. To speed up how quick you get bored of FFXI.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-06 11:47:14  
A party leader can request whatever they want, for the most part.

You should keep in mind that on Asura, wealth transfers hands significantly faster than on Carbuncle as people buy items from the AH which increases the demand of those items, and as people pay for services of others to do something for them. The point I'm making, is that gil flow/circulation [and by extension, accumulation of great gear] on Asura is such that a lot of people can do/accomplish 2 to 5 times as much as they would on Carbuncle where progress is significantly more stagnate.

The English speaking population is also significantly higher on Asura which means there's going to be a lot more obvious cliques and established groups and choices of people to invite. On Carbuncle, if you want to get anything done you really can't be picky about who you're choosing to invite because you're lucky if someone even responds to your request.

This game is also old. With a number of people who've been playing for a decade or more, even if on and off. It's not uncommon for people to have a number of mastered jobs and a number of REMA options. Many of those REMA options being able to be used on OTHER non-mastered jobs.

I don't think it's wrong or silly to request an r15 weapon for a CP party unless you're doing it with intention of strictly being carried and aren't bringing similar caliber gear and matching the efforts.

But if you take the time to have that gear ready, and build a group with others (ls mates or w/e) with similar efforts and gears at the ready, there shouldn't be any reason to expect that a group like this should have to carry a non-R15'd weapon, or a non-AG REMA, much less a nibiru wielding job in a CP party.

We can sit back and think to ourselves how little difference it'll probably make between an AG and R15 weapon all we want, but at the end of the day, it is that 5/6 group's choice and there's usually [at this point] plenty of R15 DD ready to take up the call.

Also, expecting a 5/6 party of fairly top notch equips that's asking for an r15 DD to carry someone is equally, if not more, ridiculous than how some of these comments are framing the foul play they perceive to be going on here.

Also, as mentioned already, a good bit of these weapons aren't for just one job. Like, if I ever play BLU, I'm going to be ready with a few really great sword options, and a lot of experience making most of those sword WS perform well.

I'm a firm believer that we tend to segregate ourselves into performance tiers naturally. And it's not wrong to do this. It's not wrong to want similar performance in our groups.

It's kind... and awesome, even, when top notch players take the time to assist or help those well below their performance tier, but we shouldn't expect that those in those upper performance tiers are obligated to always give out hand outs in supporting those in lesser performing tiers.

I've done countless CP parties on a mastered R15 job as a means to parse myself comparing weapons across an hour or two of time, to absolutely zero benefit to myself in terms of Capacity Points (as they are pointless for me). My interest to better myself, paid off for quite a few up and coming players in their speed at which they acquired CP. But if I *wanted* all top notch players for a non-mastered job on which I had r15 weaponry ready, I don't think it'd be right to fuss about it. [And if it takes someone an hour to put said group together, you have no idea what they were accomplishing in that hour in terms of House Chores, TV shows, Movies, Catching up on News Articles or anything and so I do not feel it's your place to judge whether they could have been making CP for that whole hour since it's the value of their time, not yours.]

If you moved to Asura from Carbuncle, you should expect a fairly huge difference in the overall server mentality of how things get done. It's not all bad, however. There is an enormous amount of more pugged content and Carbuncle in the last few years has had it's population (in droves) move to other servers, anyway. I, too, moved from Carbuncle to Asura. When I left, I think probably ~20 people from Carby moved to Asura in the same week and a half time window in June of '17. I don't think it was all that long after that that a number of French folks from Carby moved to Asura. So you'll probably see a number of familiar faces.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-06 12:12:14  

1. People are stupid.
2. There are more people on Asura.
3. There are more stupid people on Asura.

I think, with regards to job points, that you should feel free to ignore people shouting for BiS REMA DDs. The different cp camps have an accuracy requirement and that's about it. The only thing that's really a "must-have" for capacity points is a corsair, but there are a lot of different ways to get cp and none of them require a REMA. Many jobs can solo cp with trusts at a decent rate, even, if you'd like to go that route.

My caveat for cp parties is just, well, most cp setups don't have that many DD slots, 1 or 2 at most, so cp'ing a DD is going to be more painful. There's no way around that.

Next week starts the cp campaign so you should be able to get quite a bit whatever route you choose. Don't let people get you down. And since you're new to the server, I'll give you a head's up- a lot of the people on Asura shouting high-requirement groups don't have proper sets and lua's, and aren't good at their jobs.
First Page 2 3 4 5