Christmas Is Coming...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Christmas is coming...
Christmas is coming...
First Page 2
By Unzero 2019-11-14 02:55:46  
And I want to dualbox. I'm finally going to have a computer that can do that. Right now I am playing on a weak All-in-One PC that barely plays a single account. My question right now is:

If I make a second account, I want to supplement my main account. What are the best job combinations? Should I make a RDM? Or a GEO? Or BRD? My mains are COR + GEO + DRK, but I have space for one more job? Should I make NIN? Or THF?

I'm curious what two jobs pair well with each other for solo'ing purposes. All b/s aside... I will never elevate to 3/4/5/6 accounts, just looking for opinions and information on how far I can go with dualboxing!
By Unzero 2019-11-14 03:11:38  
Watching this thread pretty close cause I got the money now, if anyone has a strong (monitor-heavy suggestion!) I would love to hear it.
(edit: maybe...memory heavy? idk what helps)
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2019-11-14 03:18:39  
I do Cor + Geo when trust tank is ok to use
Cor + Pld when i need real tank (and CdC + Leaden for darkness)
And Brd mule for any melee job
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aldolol 2019-11-14 03:45:24  
When I first started to multi box I started with a WHM, it is great to have a pocket WHM but you will start to want a support, I made a third which is a GEO but BRD could work too.

This person https://github.com/DiscipleOfEris has made some amazing multibox LUA's that will help you a lot.

You will also want to get yourself familiar with Send even now as you will rely on it a lot.

https://github.com/baharms/superwarp this is also probably one of the best LUA's to use for multiboxing (just becareful as it will warp you to homepoints you don't have, if you care about that kind of thing)

Good luck, it will take you a while to get used to it but you won't regret doing it.
By Unzero 2019-11-14 03:55:24  
kireek said: »
The main issues are that as someone new to two boxing, you want a job with as little interaction as possible on the 2nd account until you're used to playing two characters. Geo is the supreme alt job, little interaction needed and it gives massive buffs to your main.

I would have two monitors personally (monitors aren't expensive), then you can have both characters full screen instead of swapping. Control one with your keyboard and the other with your controller on your lap (or use send to control both characters from your main characters macros)

The most powerful jobs as an alt are always going to be geo and/or whm. Geo because it boosts the power of any dps job to an incredible degree with very little interaction on your alt play and whm because you can simple move it out of range of aoe attacks (this is trusts biggest flaw)

For solo play, blue mage, ninja and dancer are great mains due to good damage and high survivability (from my experience) and geo and/or whm are great alt jobs.

So I could WHM for six months until Legendary Coalitions >>> Then make it GEO? I'm hoping my all-in-one PC can function as a monitor.... worst case it'll stay what it is but be the WHM. And I have BLU on my main but not adequately geared (yet!)
By Unzero 2019-11-14 03:57:51  
Aldolol said: »

https://github.com/baharms/superwarp this is also probably one of the best LUA's to use for multiboxing (just becareful as it will warp you to homepoints you don't have, if you care about that kind of thing)

No worries! I have every HP in the game and as soon as I find out a way to differentiate which ones aren't legit, I will avoid them. But I really appreciate the input!
By Unzero 2019-11-14 03:59:35  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
I do Cor + Geo when trust tank is ok to use
Cor + Pld when i need real tank (and CdC + Leaden for darkness)
And Brd mule for any melee job

Thank you, feels like I can COR as much as I want, and RUN or PLD when I can't.. I wonder how long until this grows on me and I get Wardrobe 3/4..... I want it just to replace Apururu/KoruMoru at the moment.... or even possibly be GEO... it's hard to tell so early, but WHM is what it will likely be in the beginning.
By Unzero 2019-11-14 04:12:38  
Does the send thing work if I don't multibox on one computer? Cause then I can use the all-in-one PC for BGWiki and whatnot
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2019-11-14 04:13:32  
Geo without idris is still very useful

Brd with Carn you only need to control them every 10 mins. When you have a pocket REMA bard, you will never want to go without

I find dualbox whm is too complicated for any situation that really require real/non-trust whm but might try with my Run once it's geared... but again, i think i would still miss the double march even on tank
 Bahamut.Melia
By Bahamut.Melia 2019-11-14 04:14:00  
This is Suph's mule if you wanna see her
By Unzero 2019-11-14 07:37:40  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Geo without idris is still very useful

Brd with Carn you only need to control them every 10 mins. When you have a pocket REMA bard, you will never want to go without

I find dualbox whm is too complicated for any situation that really require real/non-trust whm but might try with my Run once it's geared... but again, i think i would still miss the double march even on tank

Well I'm probably biased right now, I been soloing Lilith and between knockbacks and something that makes the trusts cure very slowly, I feel like a WHM alt would help me out a lot... but yes I can see where things could get crazy! BRD would be a dream, but i'm think of this as a two step plan. Something to get up and running very quickly, and somethingto work on ASAP
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-14 07:51:18  
Quadbox ftw
[+]
By Unzero 2019-11-14 08:18:41  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Quadbox ftw
lol i want to start small, i just wanna be able to live longer or make fights shorter on my main, i dont know how things will go but WHM is almost surely gonna be my first go, just cause it gets off the ground very quickly
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-14 08:28:45  
I would say GEO is similarly easy to get off the ground, and is more universally useful. Trust WHMs, dumb as they can be, are sufficient for a lot, and you can still toss heals on a GEO.

A consideration is that if Trust WHMs are falling short, then you're also likely to really benefit from buffs. You may even be able to offset the issue and then some - reduce AoE damage, keep them in MP, etc while still dropping a Frailty to speed the fight along, for instance.
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2019-11-14 08:38:51  
GEO 900 skill + dunna + half the spell will make very significant difference already so yeah, could get that up as you work on your Coalitions.

Takes less than a week with PL and sufficient gil (assumming your main have AoE job like DRK Shockwaving in Escha Zi'tah flux 2, with double exp this will probably be even quicker)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-11-14 08:57:40  
Question since this is here.... How are you all handling geo-X spells?

send with assist?
By kishr 2019-11-14 08:59:27  
Christmas already came, and went, whoosh.
Mass ban of moron yay
By SimonSes 2019-11-14 09:29:46  
SCH + RUN or SCH + GEO can do a lot of hard fights.
BRD + DD is good but imo you need to invest a lot into that BRD to really be happy. Aeonic is a must imo.
GEO is much better to start than BRD imo, because you can cap haste too with indi haste + haste and geo-frailty will be generally stronger than minuet. BRD is also mostly good in pair with melee while GEO pair very well for melee and magic setups.
COR on the other hand is super cheap to make (vs brd) and I would do this first. Start with roll only cor, then make him melee tp ans savage blade naeging/tp bonus gun setup, then finally ranged tp and leaden/last stand setups (aeonic is really good all in one gun here). COR can be paired with many DDs and samurai roll really make self skillchaining easier and unlock possibility of longer chains.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-14 09:31:05  
From what I can tell GEO does almost nothing. I can't tell if the GEO is a dual box alt or real person 90% of the time.

But yea GEO and WHM are probably the easiest to support your main job.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-14 09:36:28  
fonewear said: »
From what I can tell GEO does almost nothing. I can't tell if the GEO is a dual box alt or real person 90% of the time.

But yea GEO and WHM are probably the easiest to support your main job.
GEO aka sleepymage
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-11-14 09:45:18  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Question since this is here.... How are you all handling geo-X spells?

send with assist?

You can do everything with just Send:

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Global-GEO-Binds.lua

The keybinds are just there so I can play both characters on the same input device.
By ryukin182 2019-11-14 11:06:29  
Also look up ejin's most recent video of multibox addons.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-14 12:59:07  
Awww, and here I was thinking Derfthegalka was about to make an appearance.....
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-11-14 18:04:55  
IMO, you should get two mules instead of one.

Most of the new content are now locked behind 3 person party by default (Dynamis D, Vagary, Delve, Incursion). Having 3 characters make it easy to access the content even if you are just farming Wave 1 mobs for points. If you can solo Delve I or II, this makes it easy to farm plasm for Ergon weapons.

I am main BLU and my two mules are GEO and COR, they are relatively maintenance free with the following addons.

https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons

For GEO, can use AutoGEO to set the spells and maintain them
https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/AutoGEO

For COR rolls, can use AutoCOR
https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/AutoCOR

If I am on COR, I might switch the COR to PUP for pet tanking.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-14 18:08:39  
Since Christmas is coming soon-ish, HMU on Asura if you want a Free merc, or DM on here.
Most things anyway.
[+]
By Unzero 2019-11-14 18:12:30  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
IMO, you should get two mules instead of one.

Most of the new content are now locked behind 3 person party by default (Dynamis D, Vagary, Delve, Incursion). Having 3 characters make it easy to access the content even if you are just farming Wave 1 mobs for points. If you can solo Delve I or II, this makes it easy to farm plasm for Ergon weapons.

I am main BLU and my two mules are GEO and COR, they are relatively maintenance free with the following addons.

https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons

For GEO, can use AutoGEO to set the spells and maintain them
https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/AutoGEO

For COR rolls, can use AutoCOR
https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/AutoCOR

If I am on COR, I might switch the COR to PUP for pet tanking.

wow...that's a pretty good point :o
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-14 18:20:03  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Since Christmas is coming soon-ish, HMU on Asura if you want a Free merc, or DM on here.
Most things anyway.
I need an Onychophora merc! ;)
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-14 18:27:35  
[+]
By olson2189 2019-11-15 11:56:03  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Most things anyway.

I'd like an Iroha polearm for Christmas please.
First Page 2