users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Updated - 2019.11.15
Site Updated - 2019.11.15
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-27 17:07:57  
awesome.
on a side note, not sure if it is the site or on SE's Lodestone side...

but once got a character name change on XIV, and my character name auto updated, then few years later, I changed the character's name again, but it never auto-updated.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-27 17:09:10  
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
awesome.
on a side note, not sure if it is the site or on SE's Lodestone side...

but once got a character name change on XIV, and my character name auto updated, then few years later, I changed the character's name again, but it never auto-updated.

SE changed the format of the Lodestone. I haven't updated the scraper to match. It's on my very long list of things to do.
[+]
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-27 17:23:16  
no biggie. was just asking out of curiosity lol
By Jetackuu 2019-11-27 17:44:26  
Rooks said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Really it'd be nice if there were a page just showing all the shard/void items for all jobs/slots at once, obvi per server and how many of each, maybe last 6 sales? :P

Sounds like the shopping list is what you want, though the search box for it is incomplete. Once that gets fixed, that might work for you?

It's pretty close, not sure how well it will display 220 items (and lol, their stacks...).

but thanks, didn't know that existed...
 Phoenix.Roady
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Roady
By Phoenix.Roady 2019-11-27 18:40:23  
Will you be fixing the missions so they update for us?
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-27 18:49:25  
Phoenix.Roady said: »
Will you be fixing the missions so they update for us?

That's in progress, but it's a much more involved project. I'd say it's roughly 40% done?

I've tried to split my time between the longer term projects (like that) and fixing up some of the immediate issues, but it's a hard balance to make. I expect to have the backend piece of it done in a week or so, though.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-27 19:25:02  
Out of curiosity, since it'll probably get asked anyway, would it be feasible to set it to where FFXIV names update without linking new characters when an updated scraper detects a change or is character name set in stone basically?
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-11-27 19:58:02  
Awesome thanks!

Out of curiosity. Are there any plans to start tracking/awarding points for SU5 or Ambuscade weapons? Obviously not being worth anywhere near as many points as REMA, just would be nice to start tracking some of the other end game weapons as well.

Also, is there any way to start pulling which weapons have been taken to R15? Just some idea's, thanks for the update!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-27 20:27:40  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Out of curiosity, since it'll probably get asked anyway, would it be feasible to set it to where FFXIV names update without linking new characters when an updated scraper detects a change or is character name set in stone basically?

Anything's possible if you believe in your heart.

(It's not hard, shouldn't be a problem)

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Awesome thanks!

Out of curiosity. Are there any plans to start tracking/awarding points for SU5 or Ambuscade weapons? Obviously not being worth anywhere near as many points as REMA, just would be nice to start tracking some of the other end game weapons as well.

Also, is there any way to start pulling which weapons have been taken to R15? Just some idea's, thanks for the update!

I haven't seriously played in a while so I don't really know what the status of legendary weapons is like. The achievement piece needs a bit of an overhaul in general, so anything's on the table, but I'd want to know a bit more about those weapons and how they're obtained before I commit to tracking anything.

Things like R15 detection are going to have to wait on my changes to data collection, as the current setup doesn't allow for that.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-27 20:29:55  
Anything's possible if you believe in your heart.
***! I'd be a lottery winner if this was true.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-27 21:28:31  
Anything's possible if you believe in the heart of the cards.

ftfy

I mean while top tier ambu and Su5 are at times BiS (depending on usecase) it probably wouldn't be fair to track them the same as REMA.

The former you get items from ambu rewards and turn them in: bam weapon (also need a pulse to trade for final form).

Su5 is literally bought on the AH/crafted. Quite frankly the more impressive thing would be to track (and searchable on character screen btw) crafting shields.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-27 22:03:45  
Jetackuu said: »
crafting shields

Yeah, those for sure.

re: your specific request, if that would be generically useful for a lot of people, sure? Drum up some support for it and I can probably make it happen. No piece of it is hard, it's just a lot of ditch digging, and that's time consuming. If it makes sense from a cost/benefit perspective, though, sure.

The goal of this site, now and always, is to make navigating the FFXI economy simpler and more straightforward, so anything that serves that end is something I'm happy to do.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-27 22:05:35  
Yeah, I think the better thing to do OVERALL would be to improve the shopping list function rather than to make a static page with only one particular function. Cost:benefit wise.

"Kim!"
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-30 09:23:41  
Update:

- Autocomplete should show the full list of items again.
- The javascript libraries have been fixed, so nodes and tooltips will load again.
- The remaining batch of users receiving the blank page on login should be fixed.
- I've added some additional admin tools to help diagnose these problems in the future.

As always, let me know if there are any problems, and thanks for using the site.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-30 09:31:32  
DirectX said: »
Will be interesting to see how R15 changes rankings on FFXIAH. R15 should be triple the points of a R0 weapon!

On the one hand, I need to actually ask people what the effort involved is

On the other, I get enough unsolicited advice about the achievement system, actually asking for it might finally blow up my PM box for good
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 11:51:59  
The effort involved is just to have the process unlocked and spend gil. If you don't put an achievement for W3 Dyna clear then a decent amount of work or merc, if you do then mediocre. Depends how much "work" one considers dumping gil.

necks/dyna glowies can earn RP from being worn or raw gil, so take your pick.

Could go on for ages about ranking, indeed.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-30 11:55:15  
Instead of that, just make achievement points gil based. Whatever HMP, cinders, dross, heroism, spheres etc cost, that's your score. The total you've spent.

Literally everyone knows there's no talent or skill in the achievements score it's just money, so cut out the middleman. He who spendith the most green winith. Factually accurate.

I'm totally serious by the way. How do you give a score to aeonics? You don't, base is worth zero, but having the base allows you to get 70 million points by rank 15ing it. What about merits? Everyone is capped on merits, they're worthless. What about master? How much is the market for master, that's the score. What about missions? Make them one point for a tiebreaker.

Good one too; Age of account score. Guy who has managed to evade ban for 20 years should be more valuable than guy who started a year ago but bought billions of gil.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-30 12:18:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Instead of that, just make achievement points gil based.

Looking at your avatar, I sense a mild amount of bias.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-30 12:19:24  
I don't track my account, I have absolutely zero bias, just being honest about what achievement points really mean.

They are very far removed from "achievements" and more inline with cost of character.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-30 12:23:38  
But seriously, I don't have a huge problem with the way Achievements are done now. In a perfect world they would be based more on skill/effort, but there aren't many true tests of skill left in FFXI that can be measured with a Guildwork plugin. Maybe Master Trials weapons? Then again, after giving Eiryl crap for wanting gil-based achievements, it would be hypocritical for someone with 4/4 Master Trials weapons to be pushing for that....
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-30 14:10:25  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
But seriously, I don't have a huge problem with the way Achievements are done now. In a perfect world they would be based more on skill/effort, but there aren't many true tests of skill left in FFXI that can be measured with a Guildwork plugin. Maybe Master Trials weapons? Then again, after giving Eiryl crap for wanting gil-based achievements, it would be hypocritical for someone with 4/4 Master Trials weapons to be pushing for that....
Your missing the point Eiryl is making, the achievement system is already Gil based.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-30 14:55:26  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Your missing the point Eiryl is making, the achievement system is already Gil based.

Except it isn't 100% gil-based. Otherwise Eiryl wouldn't be advocating for cutting out all the non-gil achievements. I'm not sure what point I missed.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 15:01:15  
You're missing "the point" you know the one that doesn't line up with actual reality and is only based in bias.

But hey. What do I know? I'm not top ranked.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-30 21:14:12  
It should be easy to see if a weapon has an augment tag or not but I don't know how easy it hard it is to see rank.

Collecting the data isn't the hard part. It's how to handle it once it gets here that leads to questions. For example, right now we don't track multiples of an item. "Do you have herculean boots" is a boolean, not an integer. Whether someone has one unaugmented pair or 6 with perfect DM augs, they look the same to us.

So, of course it's trivial enough to just add a textarea to store the serialized augments for relics, but what about non-relics? If you have two pairs of augmented herc boots, which pair do we track? Do we have to start tracking multiple versions of an item? Do I have to write code around all the various augment paths so I can tell the difference between an upgrade and a new copy of the item?

So yeah, none of it's hard, but there's decisions to be made, and questions around how much I want to roto-till some of the core tables. The simplest solution is to just check the relic status when it comes in and flag it somehow (and not worry about augments), but that feels like a hack. I'll think of something.

This gets suggested to me repeatedly. Some have even suggested tying points to the current cost of the components on the server the character is from. I'm more interested in the idea of achievements as milestones; this is why things like levels/merits are still part of the math despite not having been completely trivialized the day Abyssea launched.

I'd really like to find some achievements that aren't easily reduced to gil; I'm not terribly sure very many of those exist, and I haven't actively played in long enough that I'm at a loss for what else would qualify. Master trials seems like a good place to start, though.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-30 21:46:53  
Titles maybe?
I think a lot of VD things grant titles.
Is there a way to get a list of unlocked titles exported by simply talking to one of the npc's or would they need to repeatedly change title while using the plugin?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 22:28:53  
Not a fan of making MT achievements but there is the bias there of never wanting to do them because they're a negative in game.
By Felgarr 2019-11-30 22:47:37  
It should be easy to see if a weapon has an augment tag or not but I don't know how easy it hard it is to see rank.

Collecting the data isn't the hard part. It's how to handle it once it gets here that leads to questions. For example, right now we don't track multiples of an item. "Do you have herculean boots" is a boolean, not an integer. Whether someone has one unaugmented pair or 6 with perfect DM augs, they look the same to us.

So, of course it's trivial enough to just add a textarea to store the serialized augments for relics, but what about non-relics? If you have two pairs of augmented herc boots, which pair do we track? Do we have to start tracking multiple versions of an item? Do I have to write code around all the various augment paths so I can tell the difference between an upgrade and a new copy of the item?

So yeah, none of it's hard, but there's decisions to be made, and questions around how much I want to roto-till some of the core tables. The simplest solution is to just check the relic status when it comes in and flag it somehow (and not worry about augments), but that feels like a hack. I'll think of something.

This gets suggested to me repeatedly. Some have even suggested tying points to the current cost of the components on the server the character is from. I'm more interested in the idea of achievements as milestones; this is why things like levels/merits are still part of the math despite not having been completely trivialized the day Abyssea launched.

I'd really like to find some achievements that aren't easily reduced to gil; I'm not terribly sure very many of those exist, and I haven't actively played in long enough that I'm at a loss for what else would qualify. Master trials seems like a good place to start, though.

Use the text field for herculean boots to append a commaseparated list of augment strings:
Code
<feet augment="S44132567586886">Herculean Boots</feet>
<feet augment="S62977646795270">Herculean Boots</feet>
<feet augment="S72568045350980">Herculean Boots</feet> <!-- TA+3 STR+9 Acc/Atk+23 -->

The list of augment strings can be decoded into the actual augments you see above, which I've manually commented out in the last example. To reduce the likelihood of collisions, salt/hash the S-augment with string a character and/or user's ID. If you're really want to make it future-proof, append the current epoch time to the input to the salt/hash function.

You'd effectively be building a hash table of character/user IDs to decoded/human-readable augment strings. (This would be for DM augments).

For REMA augments, I think you know that hash table would be basically, a static lookup table per R-level. (You shouldn't need to keep track of individual RP, but each level should be sufficient.
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-30 23:41:08  
You're kind of missing my point, though; it's not that it's hard (it's not), it's that none of the answers are particularly satisfying, and all have problems to sort out or have obvious conflicts with how the site currently operates.

Let's say I do start tracking augments on everything. Okay, cool. How does that play with the existing model? Consider that the current equipment table is not "Here's the ~800 items you have on your person right now", it's "Here's every piece of gear you have ever been shown to have". Entries are never removed. So under that model, if I'm recording augments, I don't have any way to really know if you got a new pair of boots or just changed the augments. Do I store both? Do I overwrite? You can mule augmented gear around now too, which adds another layer, because something might come back. Do I just store every possible incarnation of Herc boots you've ever had? Hope you've got a super big shoe rack.

What would even be the point in adding all of that? Maybe a set builder function? If I was going to do that, I'd probably just add a new table, current_equipment or such, that holds the last set of items you reported to have via the plugin, and have that manage augments/read relics from that. That ends up being possibly several hundred rows deleted and inserted on every data flush. That's potentially a lot of churn. Right now that aspect of it is farmed out to Guildwork; any new model is going to happen with a plugin->AH link directly.

The simplest and dumbest way is probably just to avoid dealing with augments at all, and if I see a legendary come in, check the augments on THAT and flag something in a capped_legendary table or some such that says "Yeah, Rooks has an R15 Orcfucker Battleaxe". Feels like a bit of a hack, but it's the least stress/change on the system and fulfills the required objective of "track R15s separately".
[+]