The Return Of "Cele's Name That Tune"!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » The return of "Cele's Name that Tune"!
The return of "Cele's Name that Tune"!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-04 16:43:28  
This might be new for Bahamutians, But Leviatites are familiar with my stoner stupidity when it comes to my purse strings. Welcome to "Cele's Name that Tune"!

Tonight, starting around 10p EST, I'll be firing song lyrics into /yell. If you're the first to reply with the correct song title in /tell to me, you win a stack of Alexandrite! 10 songs, 10 stacks! Winners capped at 3 stacks, let's spread the wealth!

Hope y'all enjoy my /yell spamming this evening, do prepare a temporary /blacklist if you're not musical or just dont' like me :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-12-04 17:15:48  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Hope y'all enjoy my /yell spamming this evening, do prepare a temporary /blacklist if you're not musical or just dont' like me :)

Thanks for the heads up. And the suggestion !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-04 17:53:34  
I already know what they are:

1. I Got Stung - Elvis Presley
2. Queen of the Bop - Bobby Darin
3. Devoted to you - Everly Brothers
4. Do You Wanna Dance - Bobby Freeman
5. Tom Dooley - The Kingsman Trio
6. I Wonder Why - Dion and the Belmonts
7. To Be Loved - Jackie Wilson
8. Splish Splash - Duane Eddy
9. When - Kalin Twins
10. Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard

Now guess what all those 10 have in common!

Also, gimme my mythic!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-04 17:55:00  
there may be bonus questions asked of songs that were remade asking for both Band/Artist as well as Song Title. I do this to *** with Millenials.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-04 17:56:16  
I do this to *** with Millenials.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-04 18:14:16  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
[+]
By malakef 2019-12-04 19:47:49  
Fallen on hard times Cele? I thought you gave out a cool million gil per song last time on Levi. Also, I should get bonus points having to endure, err I mean enjoy the shouts on both servers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-04 19:57:39  
malakef said: »
Fallen on hard times Cele? I thought you gave out a cool million gil per song last time on Levi. Also, I should get bonus points having to endure, err I mean enjoy the shouts on both servers.

Lol very true! However, at that time I was giving out only 6-7 prizes when I did that. I've also done alexandrite stacks, riftdross/riftcinder, and HP-bayld in the past.

And dont' lie, you love it :)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-04 22:23:40  
First "Name that Tune" for Bahamut went very well! We had two triple winners, Irvinelionheart and Jeannerenault, and double winners in Stormstriker and Janessa! Congrats to other winners in Yzerman and Yunieramuh!

We even had some Christmas music just to be festive!

"Name that Tune" will return in a few weeks, probably with a special "Lonely Hearts New Years" version on the 31st.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-12-05 00:36:30  
I'm sorry I wasn't online to cheer you on during your musical event, Cele.

I'll donate some items next event.

Thank you for helping to brighten-up the Bahamut community this holiday season <3
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-12-05 00:42:55  
I demand more Norwegian Black Metal songs next time!
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-05 01:11:06  

I didn't think boomers played XI
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-05 11:34:28  
Freehugs said: »
Not to knock this as its a cool and nice idea but what's to stop people from just googling the lyrics to find out the song name? There are even apps just for that. I've never had google fail to give me the name of a song I was looking for.

You're 100% right. I do rely on "the kindness of strangers" to keep things fair, and hope that a spirited /yell performance keeps people involved on one screen and not alt-tabbing over. Yeah...that's extremely naive...but a person can hope right?

The only thing I can truly do to prevent total abuse is to limit the number of wins per person. Its far from a perfect situation, but I have fun doing it and I hope that the majority (certainly not all) of Bahamut at least found it more interesting than annoying last night. Was something to do after campaigns were over and before the update.

....and as I said last night, I'll definitely be doing it again, very likely a "Lonely Hearts New Year's Eve" special for those of us not watching the countdown with a sweetie.

and @Minimuse- it would be wonderful to add some bonus snacks during the event! You do make some wonderfully tasty stewpots! Perhaps bonus treats for Artist?
By malakef 2019-12-05 11:39:28  
Had a couple positive responses from it in the shell. Wednesday always seems slow anyways in game so I thought it livened it up a bit. And who cares if they google. People that actually know the answers will be faster and the google people get a chance to participate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-12-05 12:22:17  
and @Minimuse- it would be wonderful to add some bonus snacks during the event! You do make some wonderfully tasty stewpots! Perhaps bonus treats for Artist?

I'll throw in a stack of HQ Miso Ramen, and 2 each of Oceanfin Soup (HQ Riverfin), and Prime Marine Stewpots.

Potluck Holiday Edition

Once again, thank you for spreading some joy to the Bahamut community Cele <3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-05 12:27:21  
This is really neat Cele, thanks for the positive gesture.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-05 13:28:06  
love the name muse, we're using it!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-05 15:23:36  
Reminds me of Liquid Metal's Into the Trivia Pit. Cool stuff.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-05 16:09:30  
Freehugs said: »
You're 100% right.
People should say this more often! but no. I get it, its just a chill fun event. I wish I still played so that I could participate! But my music knowledge is wack. unless you gonna sing some taytay, then I'm all for it

I did catch one lyric on the shout thing here. Was one of the songs "Don't throw out my Legos"?

YES!!!! And it's a good thing i start these things with extras, no one got it! Some of the stuff AJR is putting out in the last year is just beautiful in every aspect- music, melody, quality, lyrics. If you were a Weezer fan in the 90s you'll really enjoy AJR's mix of "happy music, sad lyrics" for a simple way to say it.
 Bahamut.Popeh
user: Popeh
By Bahamut.Popeh 2019-12-07 06:44:08  
Reading this gave me Christmas fuzzies!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-24 10:31:26  
ATTENTION!

Its now official, Cele's "Name That Tune!" WILL return on December 31st, 1 week from today, starting at 10pm Eastern Standard Time! For the mathematically dis-inclined...

10PM EST
7PM PST
3AM GMT
3PM Hawaii-Aleutian Time (for where Minimuse's heart lives)

You'll all be forced to Ring In the New Year with the ball drop in NYC while in Vana'Diel this year, so pop the champagne, shut down the google search, and play along on Bahamut from 10pm-midnight EST in the Holiday Potluck Edition of "Name That Tune"!

This time, its a blowout! 20+ songs, all with varying prizes from multiple eras and genres! Just be certain for those of us not kissing anyone when the ball drops, this version is for us Lonely Hearts!

Prizes will be from the following, and the pool is growing thanks to some VERY generous crafters of the Bahamut community!

-standard stacks of Alexandrite

-some songs will come with a BONUS stack of pluton/beitetsu/riftborn boulder (winner's choice!) for Artist when requested!

-some very tasty HQ food treats from the Luau Kitchens of Minimuse! This taru is workin' those tiny hands to the bone cranking out Prime Marine Stewpots, Behemoth Steak+1, and other high end HQ foodstuffs!

-as of this posting, 4 SIGNED +1 JSE Necks from the Escutcheon of Dbaggins, wielder of the Joiner's Shield! 2 DRK, 2 PLD, again, the +1 form and signed by the master himself! You too can be a billboard for Dbaggins' Woodworking Wonders!!

-a "Ball Drop Special" to end the night! Not sure what I'm using yet, but know that the rules will modify for this one special question, with a prize of 1 stack of Heavy Metal Plates!

--------------
As with before, a few basic rules to be observed:

1. Winners can win a maximum of 3 prizes. After that, play along and have fun, but let's share the wealth! The "Ball Drop Special" is exempt from this rule- even if you've won 3 already, you may still compete for that one at the end!

2. Clues will be given by me in /yell channel. The ONLY way answers will be accepted in to send to me in /tell...let's face it there's plenty who get annoyed enough by MY spamming yell, I need not encourage others to fill up chats as well!

3. Winner will ALWAYS be announced in /yell, along with the answer. I take screenshots of the winning /tells, so if there's ever anyone thinking "I KNOW I got that first! WTF Cele!!!", I can always post screenies of what I receive. But hey, let's all have fun!

4. I will be posted in Mhaura for prize handout. You may claim at ANY time, be that right after you win, or at the end if you plan on trying to win multiple times. Again, I'll be keeping track of winners so if you can't grab your prize right when you win, not a problem! PRIZES MUST BE CLAIMED BY 1AM EST, 1 HOUR AFTER WE END!

Anyone may donate prizes- doing so gets you the loud voice of Cele booming across unwanted screens worldwide, announcing your generosity and advertising your amazing skills for future customers! What more could a Vana'diellian small businessman or woman want? ;)

The JSE +1 neck prizes will be given out by REQUEST on a first-win basis. If you have no use for it, no worries, you can select a different prize. If you can REALLY use one of those necks, take this chance to win early and claim one! Only 1 JSE +1 neck can be claimed as a prize...we want those going to unique winners who will proudly upgrade and use them!

Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Festivus to all! And we'll see you next week for a booze-infused silliness on Bahamut!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-27 14:49:06  
NEW PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT!

ITS SO SECRET IT WON'T BE REVEALED UNTIL 2020!!!!

Be online New Year's Eve, in a city receiving my lovely and inspired /yells and play "Cele's New Year's Lonely Hearts" version of Name That Tune!

The insanity starts at 10pm EST and ends when the ball drops-

OH WAIT!

NO! After ball drops, there will be a special bonus question for a prize so big it can't be mentioned!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-27 18:32:28  
Party like it's 1999 - Prince

Now give me my mythic!
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-12-27 20:55:15  

Now give me my mythic!

Sorry, must be on Bahamut to participate.

Thank you to the kind residents of Bahamut for sponsoring this community event.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
[+]
 Bahamut.Rexcipher
Bug Hunter
By Bahamut.Rexcipher 2019-12-27 22:02:47  
Bahamut.Minimuse said: »

Now give me my mythic!

Sorry, must be on Bahamut to participate.

Thank you to the kind residents of Bahamut for sponsoring this community event.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
Lies!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-31 15:15:29  
ITS HERE FOLKS!!!!! TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT, AND I DON'T MEAN TO STAND IN TIMES SQUARE WITH 400,000 OF YOUR LEAST CLOSE FRIENDS IN FREEZING RAIN!!!!!

Yup, tonight starting at 10PM EST (8PM MST, the only other timezone worth mentioning!) is the Lonely Hearts edition of Cele's Name That Tune!

Alexandrite, stacks of tasty foods for your endgame needs, stewpots, +1 JSE necks, even a stack of Heavy Metal Plates for the truly musically inclined!

For those who take the time to read my walls of text, here's a few hints in advance!

-all songs will have some relation to love songs! It might be a stretch, but there will be SOME connection!

-there will be AT LEAST 4 songs with a bonus attached- know the song name+artist and get your stack of alexandrite PLUS your choice of a stack of beitetsu,plutons, or riftborn boulders!

-the stack of heavy metal plates will be attached to something EVERYONE playing FFXI should know! (take that and work with it!)

-there will be a SECRET QUESTION right at midnight with a SECRET PRIZE!!!

--------------RULES--------------

1. Limit of 3 wins per person. Secret Question at midnight is open to all, even if you've won 3 already.

2. Necks will be given out as requested by winners. 2 PLD+1 necks, 2 DRK+1 necks, all signed by the master Dbaggins. I do ask that you only request this prize if you'll use, let's keep that signature on it! They could be the first 4 prizes issued, they could be the last. Limit of one neck per person.

3. Questions are asked in /yell, answers are given in /tell. I will take screenshots of the winners if people start thinking "hey, I must have won that one! Cele's just giving ***to his friends!", and if I must, I will post in this thread tomorrow.

4. I will be in Mhaura all event. Prizes can be picked up either DURING the event, or AFTER. You'll have until 1AM EST/11PM MST to pick up your prizes-one full hour after it ends. I'm not mailing crap to ya^^

5. Let's all enjoy ourselves. Pour yourself a glass of Malbec and pack a bowl like I will be, or grab a beer and a pack of Malboros if more your speed. Let's all enjoy ourselves in the FAMILY of Bahamut if we don't have plans with IRL friends.

see y'all tonight!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-31 23:17:29  
just finished up "Name That Tune, Broken Hearts Edition" on Bahamut! First and Foremost, a BIG thanks to some of our sponsors of prizes, Minimuse and Dbaggins for contributing some serious prizes! Also, a HUGE thank you to Nikkije who in the spirit of the night donated an extra stack of alexandrite for prizes!

Here's the rundown of our winners! And thanks to everyone who participated- it was a great success.

Zardhasselfrau: DRK+1 JSE Neck

Kobaine: PLD+1 JSE Neck, Marine Stewpot, and a stack of Alexandrite

Barons: stack of Alexandrite, Riftcinder x2

Jeannerenault: PLD+1 JSE neck, Umbral Marrow x2, 2 stacks of Alexanddrite

Jokerz: DRK+1 JSE Neck, Dark Matter, Miso Ramen +1 x12, stack of alex, stack of beitetsu

Minikowalski: Dark Matter, Riftdross

Kommission: 3 stacks of Alexandrite

Kodiaq: Mulcibar's Scoria, 5 Montiot Silverpieces, stack of alexandrite, Marine Stewpot, Behemoth Steak+1

Inspectorgadget: 3 stacks of Alexandrite, oceanfish soup, behemoth steak+1

Baruna: 5 100 byne bills

Resenne: 5 Lungo-Nango Jadeshells

Kohlsol: 5 Riftdross

And a BIG congrats to Jokerz for getting the bonus question at ball drop that was "Distant Worlds" from the Treasures of Aht Urghan Expansion! He won a stack of Heavy Metal Plates for that answer!

Again, thanks everyone for tolerating me- even the Italian Opera questions! And Happy New Year!
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-01-01 01:07:58  
Thank you once again for bringing the Bahamut Community together, Celebrindal <3

We look forward to sponsoring more Bahamut Community events and are working with other crafters and artists to sweeten Cele's Stoned Soup Musicals.
[+]
First Page 2