How Do I Mute Rolltracker For Other Players?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » How do i mute Rolltracker for other players?
How do i mute Rolltracker for other players?
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2020-01-27 15:02:34  
i've been playing cor for a few months now and its been annoying to see my screen fly by as i use a roll just as someone else/a trust does and then i cant even tell what my roll was. is there anyway to disable the rolltracker chat log for others' rolls?
By fonewear 2020-01-27 15:12:38  
Easy hit the mute button.
 Sylph.Theodren
サーバ: Sylph
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2020-01-27 16:01:07  
I modified my local copy of rolltracker.lua for this very reason. Around line 178, inside the register_event function and after the rollActor variable is assigned, I added the following:

Code
if rollActor ~= player.id then
  return
end

Fair warning that this will get blown away if rolltracker gets an update and you'll have to reapply it.
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2020-01-27 22:37:56  
thank you
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-28 02:07:45  
Sylph.Theodren said: »
I modified my local copy of rolltracker.lua for this very reason. Around line 178, inside the register_event function and after the rollActor variable is assigned, I added the following:

Code
if rollActor ~= player.id then
  return
end

Fair warning that this will get blown away if rolltracker gets an update and you'll have to reapply it.
You should submit that change as a PR. The addon readme states it tracks your roll numbers.

Even better, allow the user to configure it to show only their own rolls or all rolls.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-28 03:29:18  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
You should submit that change as a PR. The addon readme states it tracks your roll numbers.
Please don't submit a PR that changes how something has worked for years. Unless it's a cleaner implementation of it.

Even better, allow the user to configure it to show only their own rolls or all rolls.
Now this is fine but it should by default work how it has and have the option to opt in to the change. There are sometimes reasons to not follow this rule.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-28 06:48:23  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Please don't submit a PR that changes how something has worked for years. Unless it's a cleaner implementation of it.

Now this is fine but it should by default work how it has and have the option to opt in to the change. There are sometimes reasons to not follow this rule.
I agree, backwards compatibility breaks/unexpected changes in functionality are bad - I made the PR suggestion due to the readme technically being inconsistent with what the addon actually does. But a PR for correcting the readme is probably an easier fix XD

I should have caveated my post with a suggestion to first have a conversation about any changes to addons with people in the Windower Discord, to save you time (and tears) in the long run.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1040 days between previous and next post]
By zigzagzig 2022-12-03 05:50:36  
For a Simple Rolltracker log line in:

Rolltracker.lua at 222 , : windower.add_to_chat(1, chat.controls.reset..' '..chars.implies..' '..rollInfo[rollID][1]..' Roll '..chars['circle' .. rollNum]..luckChat..string.char(31,13)..' (+'..rollBonus..')'..BustRate(rollNum, rollActor)..ReportRollInfo(rollID, rollActor))