user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-02-12 17:33:02  
So many memories <3
 Asura.Kresaera
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2020-02-13 00:41:50  
Omg! I have tears in my eyes. I think a lot of us have lost focus of what adventuring really is <3 thank you for this.

I truly miss 75 - cap ffxi.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-13 00:45:20  
75 cap was best. They need to make a classic server.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-13 03:04:48  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
By ashcrow 2020-02-13 03:36:20  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »

it actually was i played in eden until it got C&D, got to 74. either way they are opening server sometime soon :), Enjoy the cluster *** Version of XI right now. Literally unplayable without abusing game packets and automated LUA, Prove me wrong please.
By Draylo 2020-02-13 03:51:14  
That is completely wrong, how can it be proved other than just play the game? They made great strides to close the gap and equipsets isn't bad. You just sound like someone throwing buzzwords to make a point, sorry nobody here is gonna buy that garbage when they play the superior version of XI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-13 04:05:24  
ashcrow said: »
Enjoy the cluster *** Version of XI right now. Literally unplayable
Try harder.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-13 04:14:37  
How is XI mechanically different now than it was at 75? At 75 I was using spellcast. Now its gearswap. Same deal. Now its actually much better to play vanilla than before. You can fire off ws using one macro. At 75 before spellcast I needed to use 3 macros to do one WS. Then 2 more to go back to TP. That was unplayable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 06:35:38  
SimonSes said: »
How is XI mechanically different now than it was at 75? At 75 I was using spellcast. Now its gearswap. Same deal. Now its actually much better to play vanilla than before. You can fire off ws using one macro. At 75 before spellcast I needed to use 3 macros to do one WS. Then 2 more to go back to TP. That was unplayable.

This so much. I remember classic XI, that was definitely the cluster of all ***.

99.9999999% of anyone who thought 75 cap was the shizzle are people butthurt that their Nidhogg, or W/E drop got destroyed by much more reasonable to obtain items post 75.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-02-13 07:09:17  
Well I remember fun and drama when all competive LS ppls waited to claim HNMS like Faf XD..nothing like that anymore :(
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 08:01:23  
Not to sound like a buzzkill but I saw something exactly like this many years ago. They met in Altepa, etc accept the one with the LS saw the other in AF and handed them the old LS pearl they made together.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-02-13 08:17:09  
Mattelot said: »
Not to sound like a buzzkill but I saw something exactly like this many years ago. They met in Altepa, etc accept the one with the LS saw the other in AF and handed them the old LS pearl they made together.

It's probably this, since it was posted on Youtube in 2013 and was already old by then.

Enjoy the cluster *** Version of XI right now. Literally unplayable without abusing game packets and automated LUA, Prove me wrong please.

Current game is quite playable however you want to approach it. Core combat mechanics/etc now are more balanced, varied, and interesting than they were at 75.

On the other hand, I can very much understand if folks miss the vastly different pace, atmosphere, and social dynamics of 75 cap. There were a lot of contributing factors to that though, and it wouldn't come together quite the same way now.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 08:23:29  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
It's probably this, since it was posted on Youtube in 2013 and was already old by then.

No, as I mentioned, the one I saw was identical other than the roles reversed and it wasn't whm AF.

Oh well.

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

it actually was i played in eden until it got C&D, got to 74. either way they are opening server sometime soon :), Enjoy the cluster *** Version of XI right now. Literally unplayable without abusing game packets and automated LUA, Prove me wrong please.

I don't think it's a state of "prove you wrong" other than agree to disagree. I came back after 7 years and did a ton without ever touching a lua. They can be used for added QoL but do not make/break you.

Of course, you'll always get those who go way beyond what would be the norm but that's in about any game. There will always be "those guys" who have to have their game almost fully automated to where it practically plays itself. Some people are just not good at video games and want to project the illusion of success. Because... who wants to be seen as the "scrub?"
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-13 10:37:01  
The Lower Jeuno Tarutaru Nantoto's RoE questline that starts with the quest 'Teleports by Twilight' feels like an homage to this specific video. (and yes, this video is old AF; like right-after-NA-launch-old). She has "adventuring buddies" spread out all across Vana'diel. That's how I took the quests anyway.

Edit: Yeah, the dates on the screenshots used in that video are from 2002~2003. Old. A. F.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:19:41  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
2002~2003. Old. A. F.

That's when I started playing. Now I feel Old. A. F.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 11:30:57  
Remember when you had to run to Jeuno barefoot in the snow...those were the good old days !
By Mattelot 2020-02-14 06:15:21  
orangemanbad said: »
Remember when you had to run to Jeuno barefoot in the snow...those were the good old days !

Over many hills and barefoot!

Lots of old FFXI stuff had much fonder memories than any other MMO I've ever played. Many of the memories make me think of basic combat training. Best time of your life but you'd never do it again!

The feelings of accomplishment when you hit certain small milestones made you feel relieved. Everything from finally being done exp'ing in Yhoator Jungle (stupid Goblins...) to

Even some of the things only the OG people experienced, like not wiping on YOUR cluster for Hakutaku. Remembering how long it took to get a group together for that, spending 40 minutes just getting there and deciding who will go first.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-14 10:51:00  

Lots of old FFXI stuff had much fonder memories than any other MMO I've ever played. Many of the memories make me think of basic combat training. Best time of your life but you'd never do it again!

The feelings of accomplishment when you hit certain small milestones made you feel relieved. Everything from finally being done exp'ing in Yhoator Jungle (stupid Goblins...) to

Even some of the things only the OG people experienced, like not wiping on YOUR cluster for Hakutaku. Remembering how long it took to get a group together for that, spending 40 minutes just getting there and deciding who will go first.

Followed by each person who got their O-hat to drop on their cluster conveniently need to go log out for something RL important after like 2 more fights from them.

only to see them back online in like an hour happily pluggin away at something else in their new fugly hat. Meanwhile the last 7 people holding out to help and maybe get some more hats dropped finally burn out after 12 hours of camping the ???. good times....
By Mattelot 2020-02-17 05:37:56  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Followed by each person who got their O-hat to drop on their cluster conveniently need to go log out for something RL important after like 2 more fights from them.

only to see them back online in like an hour happily pluggin away at something else in their new fugly hat. Meanwhile the last 7 people holding out to help and maybe get some more hats dropped finally burn out after 12 hours of camping the ???. good times....

Exactly! Great memories, would never do it again.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-02-17 10:42:14  
Anyone remember seeing the video that a brother made for his brother about their adventures after his brother passed away? Always hit me right in the feels, even more than this video (though I do love this video as well). Have never been able to find it on youtube for the life of me. Fairly old like this one.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-02-23 09:50:42  
after 15 years passed this story makes still tears in my eyes..however game is changed so much idk is it good thing or bad.. only FFXI players will understand this..apologies to share this.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-02-26 03:40:55  
Saw this and could relate with camping NM's, brings back memories when my life revolved around NM's during certain times, camping Argus for a week straight from Time off work 'til sleep, and 18 hours straight during days off. Just one of my many life sinks in game addiction.
YouTube Video Placeholder