Remember WHM Teleport Bots?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Remember WHM teleport bots?
Remember WHM teleport bots?
By Shichishito 2020-03-31 22:30:44  
lots of buffs now last 10+ minutes so i wondered why we never saw buff bots.

1. place a COR, BRD or maybe even SMN and WHM next to escha KI NPC.
2. charge reasonable price for buffs, maybe some extra for 1hour version.
3. ???
4. profit

lots of ppl like to solo and not everyone is running a multi box. i'm not convinced RMT would charge reasonable prices and they'd probably attempt to monopolize 1hour resets but if they wouldn't they might even be perceived as a service rather than a disturbance.
By Draylo 2020-04-01 19:27:09  
Probably because almost everyone and their grandma has mules these days. Countless people play more than one account at the same time. I remember saying that earlier and someone was like, "nobody multi-boxes its rare even though it seems common" and I still think thats false.

I could only imagine if SE didn't nerf the pausing of JA/buffs when people abused Embrava.
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 21:10:04  
multibox trains stick out, thats why they are perceived so common but very few run 6 box, a couple more maybe have 1-2 alts and probably still the fast majority plays solo with trusts.
those with 1-2 mules still could benefit from outside buffs, 90% of the times 1 of the mules is GEO which wouldn't work well with buff botting anyway. even if you already have a BRD or COR mule you can still benefit from buffs you'd usually ditch for go to ones and therefore possibly open a lot more solo options.
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-04-01 21:57:07  
Probably because there's better gil per hour to be made doing almost anything else.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-01 22:34:09  
thats hard to say befor you know how much demand there is for such a service and the actual prices charged.

the thing they should be more worried about is the extra effort to gear such a bot to provide best buffs possible and the chance to get that char banned as everyone would know you run a bot.
on the other hand SE seems to be already back in turning blind eyes mode.
By marlinselfish 2020-04-01 23:24:35  
Then do it and stfu.
By Shichishito 2020-04-02 00:05:59  
marlinselfish said: »
Then do it and stfu.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 15:56:21  
Is Schichishito secretly Directx!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 01:27:58  
Probably because any content requiring these buffs is being done by a group who already has access to these buffs, and, if not, pays for help by someone who does.
By Mrxi 2020-04-03 01:54:03  
I don't remember tele bots, but i do remember people jumping on it to help. And i think botting buffs is pretty dumb idea because that would cost millions of gil and blatantly asking for a ban.
By Shichishito 2020-04-03 02:22:09  
there are lots of things ppl do that blatantly ask for a ban yet years pass and pass and they never receive one.

but you're probably right, such bots would just summon fierce fury of every merc on that server and they'd find a way to shut it down.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 03:14:08  
Shichishito said: »
there are lots of things ppl do that blatantly ask for a ban yet years pass and pass and they never receive one.

but you're probably right, such bots would just summon fierce fury of every merc on that server and they'd find a way to shut it down.

I doubt botting bards would cause mercs to rage. If anything it would make mercing slightly more accessible.
By Shichishito 2020-04-03 03:40:38  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
I doubt botting bards would cause mercs to rage. If anything it would make mercing slightly more accessible.
with super buffs readily available for a much better price than paying a merc i suppose players would attempt more solo play, i could be wrong tho.
By Mrxi 2020-04-03 08:33:54  
No you are wrong the do ban people who are obvious bots such as this terrible idea. You realize there is a delete account button when logging in right? just click it.
By Mrxi 2020-04-03 08:37:15  
Another thing that paints a huge target directly on your face is the fact your long term bottling something right in front of everyone and advertising you are, so good luck with that.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-03 09:32:41  
He doesn't want to do it, he wants someone else to, because he thinks he could get himself superbuffed every 10 minutes for 10k to do whatever content it is he's struggling with.

Reality is that with only 6 uses of n/t per hour and guaranteed downtime, you'd need to charge like 300-500k and be on asura for it to even match sparks.