フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Cooking Escutcheon Phase 1
Cooking Escutcheon Phase 1
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2020-04-07 08:44:21  
Hi all,

I know I'm late to the party and a post hasn't been made here in quite some time, so I don't know if this will even be seen... but, here goes!

I've decided to go after the shield and I'm currently on Phase 1. I was wondering if anyone had a guide, strat or plan of attack for this. After looking at BG, it says "Overall, at a T3 HQ rate you will need roughly 200 successful synthesis results to reach your goal if cycling between 3+ recipes." Curious if anyone has a good 3 recipes to do just that. Or, even more to cycle through.

Thanks for reading!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-04-07 09:02:41  
Finding a T3 synth and spamming it is best. Make a /lastsynth macro/script and come back in an hour or 2.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 09:14:51  
I just did roasted corn on a lastsynth script, cheap easy stackable and unlimited supply from npc
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-07 09:56:02  
best way of doing a cooking escutcheon is not doing it at all.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-04-07 10:02:17  
Shichishito said: »
best way of doing a cooking escutcheon is not doing it at all.
or at least stop at marine stewpot capability. that's stage 3, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 10:08:30  
Yeah, definitely would not go stage 4... but 3 lets you get +2 skill and make the marine stewpots (and create spheres)

But not going to beat a dead horse or argue about Repasts. Time to break even (if it's even really possible lol) is astronomical.
By Shichishito 2020-04-07 10:37:16  
unless your server has 0 supply on stewpots or you run a fishbot you are most likely better off just buying them cause your competition will use fishingbots and undercut you.
in case you plan to run a fishbot you should stop what you're doing and just bot something more profitable.
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2020-04-14 23:30:53  
I really wish the curio vendor moogle had less food. Red Curry Bun should definitely not be on there. I'll hit stage 3 for cooking most likely but I doubt I'll ever push for stage 4 until I'm somehow swimming in gil. Which isn't going to happen from cooking.
By gistofanything 2020-04-14 23:54:01  
Mmm, when I recently did the shield, both clothcraft and cooking, I started getting 0 craftsmanship when spamming the same synth.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-15 00:48:47  
gistofanything said: »
Mmm, when I recently did the shield, both clothcraft and cooking, I started getting 0 craftsmanship when spamming the same synth.

Correct. You only get points by satisfying the "For craftsmanship upgrade:" requirement, or by successfully performing a high-quality synthesis result.
By gistofanything 2020-04-15 00:56:47  
So then I suppose the logic behind spamming the same synth for 4-5 hours is trying for the correct bonus/hoping for random HQs?
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2020-04-15 03:15:50  
With a low enough synth you should be getting HQs 50% of the time, the first few stages can be done by cycling through synths and taking breaks or switching synths, too.