users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah - A Musical Journey
The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah - A Musical Journey
 Cerberus.Resetti
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-05-21 11:23:52  
I spent quite a while making this video of The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah. Check it out and feel free to subscribe to the channel! Enjoy!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
サーバ: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2020-05-21 12:19:02  
Love this. Also one of my favorite FFXI themes alongside Ragnarok.
By Xaander 2020-05-21 12:34:22  
Zi'Tah and the song have always been special to me. From tree cutting farming way back when to just having a spot to sit whenever I would afk, I spent so much time there.
By Mattelot 2020-05-21 12:51:42  
Xaander said: »
Zi'Tah and the song have always been special to me. From tree cutting farming way back when to just having a spot to sit whenever I would afk, I spent so much time there.

As did I for the same reasons. Just about any pre-WotG area has some very special memory.
By Aquatiq 2020-05-21 13:18:20  
wholesome
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-21 14:55:02  
Cerberus.Resetti said: »
I spent quite a while making this video of The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah. Check it out and feel free to subscribe to the channel! Enjoy!
Nice video! I'm a bit puzzled by the way you pronounce zi'tah though.
Does every US english mother language person pronounce it that way?

I don't even know what the "right" way to pronounce it is. Always came natural to me to pronounce it "zee'tah", sort of.
By Draylo 2020-05-21 14:57:30  
I've always said it that way too but its probably the other way lol, sounds more fancy
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-05-21 15:09:37  
I love the Zi'tah music. Especially the official piano version
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-05-21 22:39:13  
Asura.Blitzjr said: »
Love this. Also one of my favorite FFXI themes alongside Ragnarok.

It's really hard for me to choose my favorite because so much of FFXI music is amazing including Ragnarok.

Xaander said: »

I never had the patience to farm tree cuttings but I did definitely spend a lot of time in Zi'Tah just chilling out.

Mattelot said: »
As did I for the same reasons. Just about any pre-WotG area has some very special memory.

CoP is still the most memorable expansion to me although I grew up on Zilart which is why I think Zi'Tah is so special to me.

Aquatiq said: »
wholesome

Thank you!

Asura.Sechs said: »
Nice video! I'm a bit puzzled by the way you pronounce zi'tah though.
Does every US english mother language person pronounce it that way?

I don't even know what the "right" way to pronounce it is. Always came natural to me to pronounce it "zee'tah", sort of.
So far there are apparently three ways to pronounce it from all of the social media posts on this video.

Zai'Tah (The way I and a few others pronounce it)
Zee'Tah (The way Peach and a lot of others pronounce)
Zih'Tah (Just learned about this one the Zih sounds like zipper)

How many other ways are there to pronounce it? I'm not sure lol

Draylo said: »
I've always said it that way too but its probably the other way lol, sounds more fancy

I've always said Zai'Tah and actually had my wife read the script for a recording narration test and when I played it back I was perplexed by the way she said Zee'Tah I freaked out! lol

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I love the Zi'tah music. Especially the official piano version

I never did purchase the piano collections but I do have the Premium Box from when they first released it. Its definitely a relic in my collection. I do want the Piano Collections CD though. Is there a sheet music book that goes with it?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-05-22 00:42:14  
No. It did come with a code for a in game piano that plays music though
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-22 01:02:59  
Dope video and musical breakdown. One of my favorites.

You should do Bhaflau Thickets/Wajaom Woodlands next. The musical score for those zones, Jeweled Boughs, is a true masterpiece.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-05-22 04:56:45  
Nice work, apart from escha it would be nice to utilize this area more for 99 content. The music is amazing like many other piece.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-05-22 05:40:21  
I've always said Zai'Tah and actually had my wife read the script for a recording narration test and when I played it back I was perplexed by the way she said Zee'Tah I freaked out! lol

I never knew the proper way to pronounce it. I tread lightly when pronouncing things in Final Fantasy. Take Catoblepas for example. I was surprised when I heard it pronounced in FFXV.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-22 06:10:34  
I have no bloody clue how to correctly pronounciate "zi'tah".
I always blindly assumed it to be "zee'tah" or something like that, but who knows lol

Maybe the way Resetti pronounced it in his video is the "right" one!

Someone should make a video about the correct pronounciations of FFXI words!
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-05-22 14:19:56  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
No. It did come with a code for a in game piano that plays music though

Oh yeah the Spinet is quite amazing.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Dope video and musical breakdown. One of my favorites.

You should do Bhaflau Thickets/Wajaom Woodlands next. The musical score for those zones, Jeweled Boughs, is a true masterpiece.

Thank you! I have plans to do quite a few pieces and have had this one in mind for a while. I'll bump it higher on the list for sure!

ksoze said: »
Nice work, apart from escha it would be nice to utilize this area more for 99 content. The music is amazing like many other piece.

I agree! It should be the new hangout spot or the new bazaar area to have good music while shopping. hahaha

Mattelot said: »

I never knew the proper way to pronounce it. I tread lightly when pronouncing things in Final Fantasy. Take Catoblepas for example. I was surprised when I heard it pronounced in FFXV.
Yeah I didn't realize anyone pronounced anything different until I started playing FFXI back in 2003 with coworkers. I would freak out at the pronunciation and now laugh at how I used to pronounce certain things before. I'm more cautious about it now because my coworkers embarrassed me enough. haha

Asura.Sechs said: »
I have no bloody clue how to correctly pronounciate "zi'tah".
I always blindly assumed it to be "zee'tah" or something like that, but who knows lol

Maybe the way Resetti pronounced it in his video is the "right" one!

Someone should make a video about the correct pronounciations of FFXI words!

I'm not sure what way is right but the funny thing is I started the Retired Gamers channel because I wanted to do pronunciation videos of Final Fantasy words. I had the idea because my baby boy was starting to learn words and he learned how to say stuff like PlayStation and other things.

Then I started thinking about how funny it is that everyone says words differently so I was going to make videos of words that Peach and I pronounce then ask the community to submit a recording of their pronunciation of a word of the week. I already have the brainstorming done its just taken a while because I've swapped video editing software a couple of times and am figuring out which platforms people can submit their recordings on. (I'm thinking a skype voicemail) Does Discord have a voicemail? Maybe I can do it that way.

Here is a brainstorm list of words I had in mind that I wrote in December 2019:

Pronounce the following hard words:
Temple of Uggalepih
La Theine Plateau
Konschtat Highlands
East Sarutabaruta
Beadeaux
Ve'Lugannon Palace
The Shrine of Ru'Avitau
Leujaoam Sanctum
Beaucedine Glacier
Pso'Xja