By ksoze 2020-05-25 10:36:39  
Is it another translation error again?
The return home should be finishes no?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2020-05-25 10:45:38  
They usually run it a day early and a day late due to all the timezone differences for players. I think at one point I managed to snag three extra days of play until it just cut out when I zoned in the middle of the afternoon.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-25 11:32:55  
Farewell gimps
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-25 12:39:37  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
They usually run it a day early and a day late due to all the timezone differences for players. I think at one point I managed to snag three extra days of play until it just cut out when I zoned in the middle of the afternoon.
Nah, it has to do with the POL ID or something. Some characters get it early, some dont.

I have 2 chars that are on F2P. Everyone got disconnected last night, but only one had their content ID's disabled even though it was well after the campaign ended. I expect the other one to get disabled sometime soon as well.

How does it kick someone out thats already logged in? Just black screen and unable to connect to lobby?
By Draylo 2020-05-25 12:40:14  
Surprised we didn't get any "we need 75 cap!" threads popping up, maybe they finally gave up
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-25 12:59:16  
One of my four got the "no content ID" message, but two still are on free-to-play time. I only have one that I pay for (but has all 16 characters with at least a level 99 job for orbs, SP Keys, Daily Gobbie Box, Domain points, and Dark Matter campaign augments) and that daily logging in keeps me busy for at least 3 rl hours which is quite enough for me.

However, during free-to-play, I'm basically locked into daily log-in and running around for way longer. It's not "fun", but it is very very profitable. Two Orpheus' Sash from SP Keys and too many Void Torso-like objects to count. Some are worth 10k with 50 on AH though, but some worth 3~5m. Still holding out for the WS Damage ring.

Oh, and I didn't even bother with Orbs this time around. Just stockpiled all of those Silver Vouchers for more giant pay-offs in the future.

"uwu" as they say.
By Draylo 2020-05-25 13:01:42  
wat, two sashes?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-25 13:05:37  
I consider myself incredibly lucky and I think one is uncommon enough as it is. I probably have to camp out in the now-known NNI campaign lines if I ever want more, I'd guess. A three-pete would be unheard of, but I'm still going to try. All Unity accolades I get go to SP Gobbie keys now.
By Draylo 2020-05-25 13:10:13  
Ive been all about those keys for a while now, I have made so much Gil off them. I see a lot of people doing the same logging in all their mules for it. The biggest item I got was the WSD ring though, but you can't knock free Gil. I wish SE didn't do it, to me it seems silly to just hand out free items every day but whatever.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-25 13:22:47  
Lol, There is absolutely nothing “free” on those items being given.
By Draylo 2020-05-25 13:25:21  
If you're referring to the 1 dollar cost of each mule, you can easily make that up in a month of using these keys lol. Even with the base 50 cost option as I have gotten good items from that too. However, for everyone that doesn't have mules you are still getting free items if you use it on your main etc.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-25 13:29:05  
Draylo said: »
you can't knock free Gil

I kind of want to challenge myself with a brand new character on a new server without anything being able to be shipped over / transferred and see exactly just what it would take to get to 999,999,999 these days. I make most of my money flipping stuff on the AH, but with all the hand-outs they do, it wouldn't take long for a brand new character to start buying big ticket items and flipping them for millions in profit and putting that towards more flipping profits.

It kind of "takes money to make money" in this game using a buy-low-sell-high method, but once you work it out in your head, utilize this site for people selling things out of bazaar for way cheaper than AH, and also have an army of mules to use their Auction House slots (because really... f a bunch of the 7-item-on-AH-per-character limit), the rich keep getting richer.

Oh, and if people utilize their Daily Login campaign points now, there is even money to be made via the +2 augment items at the 1,000 daily log-in point level.

Won't lie though. Also, luck with gobbie box daily and SP Gobbie keys doesn't hurt. I get way more crappy Food items out of Gobbie Box than money items, but via sheer numbers of mules, it kind of works out due to the number of daily pulls. SP Gobbie Key campaign really helps, but normal 50 point daily sometimes pays off.

What I REALLY wanted to do with all of these stupid alts in the first place, however, is win big from the Wanted Dial, but they havn't had that campaign in a hot minute. I want the fancy Tatenashi set from Sarama, Shedu, Thu-ban, and Tumult Curator. I already have a mule with all the items to +1 their drops if I get NQ. Once SE gets back to working on their Odyssey content, I hope to upgrade a lot of Unity Wanted things.

Wall of text is wall of text, but... yeah.
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-05-25 13:43:07  
Pantafernando said: »
Lol, There is absolutely nothing “free” on those items being given.

When the characters are on and active either way the difference between 'paid' and 'free' comes down to time investment to me.

Minimal time investment to turn in a key and make something is, in my mind at least, about as free as it can get.

I've been using gobbie boxes as basically my main source of income since I started a new char like 6+ months ago. Along with bringing over my old mains gil (not a ton), its good enough. Money kind of doesn't mean super a lot to me right now though capped at 90. >_>

Apparently these silver vouchers are worth stuff? I keep piling them up and I really don't pay as much attention as I could. XD
By Pantafernando 2020-05-25 13:49:01  
I consider those "free" stuffs as not actually free because they are incentive for players to unlock and keep more chars aside main one. As they add more content that hugely benefit from multiples same account char, more people are willing to unlock one extra.

So its a business model they chose. Overall, we are paying for those freebies, despite few players can actually have the rewards with literally zero extra cost.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-25 13:49:59  
Not complaining, obviously. I love the extra voucher, DM and keys.

But they just arent free.
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-05-25 13:55:16  
Pantafernando said: »
I consider those "free" stuffs as not actually free because they are incentive for players to unlock and keep more chars aside main one. As they add more content that hugely benefit from multiples same account char, more people are willing to unlock one extra.

So its a business model they chose. Overall, we are paying for those freebies, despite few players can actually have the rewards with literally zero extra cost.

I think I agree actually. At least if the argument comes down to whether a person is using those mules specifically for boxes (or whatever content like daily login bonus), then I'd say yeah that's not technically free.

Intention matters I guess. To be honest, I have 2 mules and one old main and I'd be willing to bet I COULD get rid of that second mule. I'm not actively storing stuff from my main on it. It's now just already filled with stuff and that is apparently enough justification for me. XD
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-25 14:00:18  
Asura.Gnawclaw said: »
Apparently these silver vouchers are worth stuff? I keep piling them up and I really don't pay as much attention as I could. XD

Once you hit 99, you can activate a Records of Eminence:

Quests > Objectives > Tutorial > Basics > Exploring the Trove.

This will provide you with an NPC to store the Silver Vouchers with, as well as purchase more for 100,000 a pop (up to five purchased monthly). You will gain access to a new Records of Eminence sub menu:

Quests > Ojectives > Content > AMAN Trove (or something like that).

Do those easy quests for vouchers as well. Store them with the NPC.

When the time comes that you're ready to make money, look for a yell in town for someone wanting to buy Mars/Venus orbs. Send them a tell saying you have one and they will meet you at a BCNM battlfield entrance and invite you to their party. They pay you up front (Generally 3m for Mars and 5~6m for Venus, but price can vary; I wouldn't take less than 3m/Mars or 5/Venus). You then trade your orb to the BCNM battlefield and take yourself and the other player in. At this point you can ask if they want you to stay or you can leave (ONCE THEIR CHARACTER SHOWS UP IN THE BATTELFIELD; Don't disband or leave before they are inside).

They will then play kind of a gambling game where they can open chests for a noise, thud, or loud thud which determines quality of basically random-to-this-battlefield loot OR a chest can be a trap called a Mimic which basically is an instant kill for the party and causes you to need to homepoint. (It CAN be fought, but isn't worth trying really; cut your loss and move on if you get a mimic).

The reason they do this is for rare drops from Omen and Vagary as well as a few items exclusive to this battlefield worthmoney.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and you could just go in the battlefield by yourself and try for a rare drop, but if you're level 90 now and don't really have another good source of income, this is a nice thing to do each month. You get a free Mars orb each month from the RoE and then you can redo the Content RoE requirements monthly as well as buy 5 vouchers so after time it adds up.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Edit: Oh, and once you've used an orb once it stays in your inventory. Throw it away immediately once you've used it because it's useless once its cherry has been popped.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-05-28 02:16:42  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »

My mule just disconnected, pretty strange, 3 extra days indeed..
By ashcrow 2020-05-28 02:43:29  
Draylo said: »
Surprised we didn't get any "we need 75 cap!" threads popping up, maybe they finally gave up
75 capp yes please